You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Artic Camo - Limited Time

21 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles

You may or may not be interested in the Artic Camo currently offered for the Scharnhorst and Duke of York in game.

After all, 4k Doubs ain't cheap (for the Scharn, don't have the Duke).  But if you do, they won't be available in 0.7.12.

See below the camos (not) moving from the External Tap to the Arsenal. Artic is all I noticed, but may have missed something.

sh.png

gone.png

arsenal.png

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,754 battles

Looks nice but too expensive for just a cosmetic change.

• Cool 3

[SVF]
Members
1,152 posts
1,581 battles

Looks like some of the Doubloons I got from my otherwise mediocre Santa crates will be going to Scharnhorst's Arctic camo.  I love it on my DoY, and am not fond of Scharn's look with her normal camo anyway.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
82 posts
4,862 battles
5 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Who can confirm and post that all these camo's are cosmetic changes only?

All camo's are cosmetic only. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles

All 4 for the Scharnhorst .... same benefits.  But the cost is half for Special and Z-15 in 0.7.12

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
769 posts
6,873 battles
6 minutes ago, Zarroc1 said:

I really hope you didn't mean that.  :)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
82 posts
4,862 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

In that they don't change the ship itself. Sure you can change the concealment and increase the dispersion of shells fired at you, but no camo changes the actual ship model attributes i.e. armor, hit boxes, etc. It only changes how it looks.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,005 posts

Got both DoY and Scharn in the Cape North Mission. Also of note is the Campaign as well. Apart from that, there was also the Edinburgh Ice camo in Either the RN event or the one before that - for Sovereigns.

[INTEL]
Members
7,069 posts
28,915 battles

Have both ships. Will not spend that kind of high price for a camo that offers the exact same benefits, even though I have the gold. Makes no sense.

WG, want to sell that special camo? Add something to it (even small), like 2% FXP or whatever.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,002 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

What he really means is that the benefits on those camos are no different from the benefits on the standard premium camo that those premium ships get.  No better and no worse.  So, technically, they're not cosmetic only.  They're just no better or worse than the standard premium camo that comes with those premium ships.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
11 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Have both ships. Will not spend that kind of high price for a camo that offers the exact same benefits, even though I have the gold. Makes no sense.

WG, want to sell that special camo? Add something to it (even small), like 2% FXP or whatever.

None of Wows purchases make any sense, but that never stopped me before …

Give me the Atago  green/pink camo for 1k and I'll be good :)

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,002 battles
13 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

The way I see it, they could sell these nice perma-camos that have the same benefits as the standard premium camo that come with the premium ship for a low cost.  Or they could create nice perma-camos that come with additional benefits for a higher cost.  But it does seem to be a bit much to charge a mildly hefty price for a perma-camo with the exact same benefits as the standard premium camo that comes with the premium ship.

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,002 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

None of Wows purchases make any sense, but that never stopped me before …

Give me the Atago  green/pink camo for 1k and I'll be good :)

Well, 1k  is a fairly affordable price.  But when you start thinking about camos costing 3k, 4, or even 5k, that's getting a little pricey, particularly if you have a lot of regular and tech tree ships in your port and you'd like to get perma camos for a good number of them.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Well, 1k  is a fairly affordable price.  But when you start thinking about camos costing 3k, 4, or even 5k, that's getting a little pricey, particularly if you have a lot of regular and tech tree ships in your port and you'd like to get perma camos for a good number of them.

If you can't stand looking at a ship, how often are you gonna want to sail her :)

Yes, I'm still talking about ships - get your minds out of the gutter 

Edited by Commander_367

[RED]
[RED]
Members
174 posts
10,285 battles
1 hour ago, Zarroc1 said:

Except koybashi camos add credit earning potential

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
634 posts
9,754 battles

Never bought a perma camo and likely never will, but have also lost track of how many I have got from all the various campaigns/missions/etc. Heck you have the chance at 5 more with the new campaign starting tomorrow,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0712-holidays/#mighty-prinz

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles
35 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Heck you have the chance at 5 more with the new campaign starting tomorrow,

That's how I've gotten all of mine ... and for now, you can still get up to 5 from the 2nd Anniversary Crates in the Arsenal.

Be warned, however, they are NOT the same as standard Premium camos.

Screenshot_5.png

[JASH]
Members
3,688 posts
10,082 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

You may or may not be interested in the Artic Camo currently offered for the Scharnhorst and Duke of York in game.

After all, 4k Doubs ain't cheap (for the Scharn, don't have the Duke).  But if you do, they won't be available in 0.7.12.

See below the camos (not) moving from the External Tap to the Arsenal. Artic is all I noticed, but may have missed something.

sh.png

gone.png

arsenal.png

WG might be clever to create a value adding feature for these specifically themed or situational/contextual premium camos for those who have or might consider having more than one premium camo; a system that (optionally) selects and loads the appropriate camo for the map you queue into randomly.  Maybe it's just me, but seeing an Ice camo on a ship on a map like Hot Spot or Tears of the Desert is amusing; mainly because it's absurdly out of place.  

No big deal; just an idea... 

[ARGSY]
5,807 posts
21,066 battles

Thought something new... they just add last years reward to the arsenal

1FWPWWk.jpg

vQaBCei.jpg

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles
43 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Thought something new... they just add last years reward to the arsenal

Actually they're NOT adding (or moving) it ... that's the reason for the post.  It won't be available after the next update.