You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skpstr

Saturation Question

5 comments in this topic

Members
22,350 posts
5,780 battles

Ran into a situation today, and I think I goofed.

There was an enemy Lyon hiding behind an island from the rest of my team. (those that could have hit it anyway) He had about 2000HP left, so was probably waiting on a heal cooldown.

I had come in from the other side of the cap in my Maass, so the BB was a sitting duck target for my guns. (torps were still reloading) 

He was pretty burnt up, so my HE was barely doing damage. He ended up getting his heal off, and got away, because I'd stayed spotted so long and a Seattle got me.

Is AP more effective against saturated areas? I always just assumed they were the same, and this is the first time I've ever been in a situation where a difference would have mattered. If I could have sunk the Lyon quickly, I could have gone dark before getting sunk.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,522 posts
13,924 battles

AFAIK AP overpens do 10% guaranteed damage, even to saturated areas.

• Cool 1

Members
22,350 posts
5,780 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

AFAIK AP overpens do 10% guaranteed damage, even to saturated areas.

Ok thanks. I remember seeing something about that, but I thought it was tied to that aborted change with the modules and torp bulges.

So IOW I did screw up lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[CAST]
Members
1,542 posts
7,995 battles

HE gives smaller damage numbers and is only boosted by the occasional fire.  The fire chance is low on the Maass, so you are probably better off using AP.  Plus, for superstructure hits where you won't get many bounces, you will get bigger damage numbers from AP anyway. 

[187]
Members
1,264 posts
7,840 battles

I call it whittling...just keep whittling just keep whittling with the AP.

Edited by C_D