You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lloyd1701

PSA: Free Tachibana Lima (or 950 doubloons + slot if you already have it)

16 comments in this topic

[BUOY]
Members
292 posts
9,240 battles

I just saw this on the subreddit and unlike most all other offers of this nature, it works for existing accounts.

If you don't have the Tach Lima, it is on sale for $.99 in the shop for basically a 70-80% discount on doubloons (depending on how you value the port slot) with the code.

Edited by lloyd1701
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,411 posts
2,379 battles

If you log in to the premium shop (from the website I believe), the TBL comes up along with the Smith at $0.99 each. 

It has been that way for some time.

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you log in to the premium shop (from the website I believe), the TBL comes up along with the Smith at $0.99 each. 

I think this as well. Might be worth picking up depending on how much coal you can earn from them.

[WOLF6]
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
32 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You don’t get the Doubloons though, right?  $.99 gets you the port slot.

[RLGN]
Members
713 posts
5,706 battles
Just now, galspanic said:

You do.  I picked up the Sims as well a while ago because of the price, though I should note OP $0.99=/=free.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,411 posts
2,379 battles
2 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Nevermind.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts

If you already have this ship in your Port, you will not receive any compensation for her.

Might want to clarify that it's Steam only...most players here don't do steam.

Edited by awiggin

[RLGN]
Members
713 posts
5,706 battles
30 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Might want to clarify that it's Steam only...most players here don't do steam.

The $0.99 price on that ship and Sims have been in the store for a minute now, it seems like that's the case for a lot of people.  They're one of the deals you have to be logged in to see, so maybe they aren't available to all players, but it's certainly not a Steam-only deal.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
Just now, FirestormMk3 said:

The $0.99 price on that ship and Sims have been in the store for a minute now, it seems like that's the case for a lot of people.  They're one of the deals you have to be logged in to see, so maybe they aren't available to all players, but it's certainly not a Steam-only deal.

In the store it clearly states you will get no compensation if you already own it. 

If you already have this ship in your Port, you will not receive any compensation for her.

[RLGN]
Members
713 posts
5,706 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

In the store it clearly states you will get no compensation if you already own it. 

Weird, maybe they changed it.  When I picked it up it was like with Marblehead Lima or discounted Texas or Yubari where it noted doubloon compensation.  I had debated doing it with Texas even though I already bought her during the event to save the actual Texas.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
633 posts
9,716 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

That is true if you already have the ship and buy it again. If you follow the steps here,

which is what the OP's Reddit link ends up at, you do get the 950 doubloons (I know I did and have had the Lima in my port since they gave it away months ago).

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
713 posts
5,706 battles

Ah, my bad on that link, well I already had the ship so yay free slot and doubloons.  Worked for me.  PS, offer is not for Steam users, you just have to have a Steam account to join the group they want you to (you can immidiatley leave the group if you like) and then you get a WG code to redeem on the normal WG site.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,135 battles

Remember you only need Steam in order to subscribe to a forum. You don't need to play anything there, just have a Steam account. Here is the original thread we did on this:

If you have the Tachibana Lima, just follow the instructions, takes about 2 minutes for Steam people, add 5 minutes if you need to make a Steam account. 

If you do not have the Tachibana Lima, buy it from the shop for 99 cents first, then follow all the instructions. When done you get close to $5 worth of doubloons for your effort. Well worth it. 

BTW I can confirm that if you own the ship BEFORE you get your code and type it in, you will get 950 doubloons with this offer. If you own the Tachibana Lima and then buy her again for 99 cents from the store, you will not get doubloons although I think you get a port slot... You must follow the instructions on the MMO link to get your prizes. 

Edited by Taylor3006