You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

It's time to announce what currency Alaska will sell for, WG

122 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

@Lert, I agree. On principle, mind you, because I don't even want her. But I agree.

Nevertheless, they are probably going to release her as the immediate replacement for Musashi and Kronshtadt, and I suspect their way of thinking is that there is no need for us to know until patch-notes day.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,521 posts
13,920 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Nevertheless, they are probably going to release her as the immediate replacement for Musashi and Kronshtadt, and I suspect their way of thinking is that there is no need for us to know until patch-notes day.

Probably. But if they wait with announcing Alaska's currency until the very last moment to buy Musashi or Kronshtadt, a lot of people will be unhappy. Though less so than if they announce it after those two have gone off sale.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

But if they wait with announcing Alaska's currency until the very last moment to buy Musashi or Kronshtadt, a lot of people will be unhappy. 

They're the same people who are already unhappy now, plus a few new recruits along the way.

3 minutes ago, dukelego said:

neutralizeshimi

:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,087 battles

I think it’s time we find out. I hope it’s for grocery store coupons :cap_cool:

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Funny 3

Beta Testers
652 posts
7,851 battles

Agree 100%.  Mentioned by many that they are holding FXP and coal until there is a determination on the Alaska's cost and the method of payment for her.  Not certain though if the NA forum folks can you anything more than send a message to Belarus.  Meanwhile ...

image.png.61bc020dbac69492cb6ee7fa1067c270.png

[HINON]
Supertester
20,521 posts
13,920 battles
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

No sales to be lost on currency that is obtained without money. 

Said currencies require serious play time to accumulate. Plus, coal is accumulated faster with premium time since you need less battles played to get the three daily containers, and FXP is often converted from elite XP using doubloons. WG profits from both.

<Edit> Even if a player does everything for free, on standard account and without spending money, he's still putting in hundreds if not thousands of matches and populating the game.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,008 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

it's really time to announce what you're planning to sell Alaska for, WG

Heh, good luck with that.

[INTEL]
Members
1,393 posts
10,071 battles

Agree.

I'm not going to be upset with any currency they choose (well, maybe if it's steel) but I will not be making another purchase with coal or FXP until I know what Alaska is being sold for.  If the Alaska is FXP, I'll pick up the JB with coal.  If it's Coal, I'll just be getting the Alaska.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,811 posts

I guess Wargaming thinks that uncertainty and lack of information pushes people to make purchases.  Maybe that even works in some markets.

In most places, however, uncertainty hurts markets and suppresses spending. 

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
[WOLFG]
Members
952 posts
7,072 battles

Couldn't agree more. I understand withholding the ship itself (kind of) but there's no reason to keep the currency a secret. 

I'd love to drop coal on the JB or Salem this week, or FXP the Kron, but without knowing which it will be sold for, I'll be doing neither, because the Alaska is far higher on my want list than those other ships. I'm sure others feel the same way. 

Edited by Falls_USMC

[_-_]
Members
1,746 posts
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

Probably. But if they wait with announcing Alaska's currency until the very last moment to buy Musashi or Kronshtadt, a lot of people will be unhappy. Though less so than if they announce it after those two have gone off sale.

Plan.jpg

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,213 posts
7,205 battles

WG had no issues giving us early announcements what Kronshtadt and Musashi would cost, I do not like the trend of keeping everyone in the dark until release and then being like "woosh". Come on, if you change it during development, fine, no biggie, things are WiP, but for the love of god give us some indication.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,521 posts
13,920 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Here's to hoping it's available tomorrow in the patch.

Would've been announced and all over the forum by now if it were.

[OGF]
Members
598 posts
23,092 battles

Can someone from WG please explain why we can't post under Surveys ("We want to hear from you!")?

[OO7]
Members
4,238 posts
10,903 battles
19 minutes ago, Lert said:

Said currencies require serious play time to accumulate. Plus, coal is accumulated faster with premium time since you need less battles played to get the three daily containers, and FXP is often converted from elite XP using doubloons. WG profits from both.

<Edit> Even if a player does everything for free, on standard account and without spending money, he's still putting in hundreds if not thousands of matches and populating the game.

And unless said player quits the game over this and never spends another dime, it's no loss to WG. 

[USCC]
Members
70 posts
11,452 battles

I'm also just waiting to see what Alaska is going for. Over a million exp and over 200k coal that I'm ready to spend.

[TDD]
Members
1,054 posts
8,514 battles

alaska wont release until musashi and kronstadt are gone that's my theory and wg wont announce currency until then. they are stubbornly standing by their earlier decisions regardless of the damage it does.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,531 posts
11,530 battles

It's been 159 days since Alaska was first revealed on the Dev Blog.

It's been 49 days since Alaska was last tweaked in development.

This is increasingly silly, the last I heard was that WG didn't know what they were going to do Alaska for. That seems almost unbelievable. I have purposefully ground lots of FXP to be prepared, but did cave in (had beer) and bought Jean Bart for coal. Should Alaska come for coal too I will be desperately annoyed.

I want to feel hyped about new premiums, but these 5 month delays between first dev blog and well, still no release let alone confirmation on currency make it hard to be excited. I'm looking forward to Exeter and Viribis Unitis and even Yahagi, but not if they come out in 6 months...

• Cool 1