You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

Struck by Stupid...

23 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles

So I'm buying all the T9 and T10 ships I have unlocked for the Snowflake event. For some reason I click Battle and insta drop into a T10 on Okinawa.

Seattle with Zero pnt Capt, no camo, no modules installed, no premium consumables.

StockSeattle.thumb.PNG.52f44fa1c9527b03cf1abf2569d6b5fa.PNG

Good green team, bad choices and aim on the red team...

Ima go buy a lottery ticket.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,291 posts
626 battles
36 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

So I'm buying all the T9 and T10 ships I have unlocked for the Snowflake event. For some reason I click Battle and insta drop into a T10 on Okinawa.

Seattle with Zero pnt Capt, no camo, no modules installed, no premium consumables.

I think this has happened to a lot of us. I know for a fact it has happened to me more than once!

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
730 posts
6,739 battles

How much of that damage was fire damage?  ;)  I'm betting a lot, cause Seattle without IFHE seems like it would just be laughed at by T10s :)

Good game though...been there and done that with that same ship too lol.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,116 posts
8,647 battles

Been there, done that, t-shirt, etc .... but first thing I thought of was ...

Prince Bismarck is said to have remarked, just before his death, that there was a special providence for drunkards, fools, and the United States of America. :cap_like:

Well Done! +1

[SQUAD]
Members
8,015 posts
8,371 battles

Lol, Im dropping into co-op with nothing but economic stuff, no mods, no captain skills, no wasted dubz or creds. let's see how good I really am, but only against bots. :Smile_trollface:

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

As I have said the captain makes more of a difference than skill points, cammo, flags, etc. A good player will do well regardless. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,013 posts
6,982 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

I think this has happened to a lot of us. I know for a fact it has happened to me more than once!

Yeah, but you're WG staff so you get the Super-Duper Secret-Squirrel Matchmaking where you are always top tier and get Supercontainers 90% of the time.

Don't bother denying it.  I know it's true because i read it somewhere on these very forums!

• Funny 2

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
7 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Yeah, but you're WG staff so you get the Super-Duper Secret-Squirrel Matchmaking where you are always top tier and get Supercontainers 90% of the time.

Don't bother denying it.  I know it's true because i read it somewhere on these very forums!

If you mean super duper secret squirrel matchmaking by putting as many bad players on our team as possible you are correct. I played a bunch of games with Ares1967 last night and wow we had some bad teams. Of course you can add me to the bad list as well. I took a 4 month break, came back and played a lot of coop and picked up bad habits. Now I am struggling in randoms with hyper aggression in Battleships.

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

How much of that damage was fire damage?  ;)  I'm betting a lot, cause Seattle without IFHE seems like it would just be laughed at by T10s :)

Good game though...been there and done that with that same ship too lol.

12k from fire. Most damage came from a Hindy who made a very poor choice and gave me broadside at under 6km. AP to the rescue. :fish_viking:

I told my team the situation at the start and that I was just gonna try to stay alive and be as useful as I could toward the end. It worked.

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
3 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I played a bunch of games with Ares1967 last night and wow we had some bad teams.

Bad teams? I'd have payed doubloons if some of those teams were good enough to be labeled that highly.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles
2 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Been there and done that.

6B2KxB1.jpg

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

LOL this happened to me in my first game in the Massachusetts Black. I couldn't figure out why my secondaries were not doing anything lol.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,291 posts
626 battles
4 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

LOL this happened to me in my first game in the Massachusetts Black. I couldn't figure out why my secondaries were not doing anything lol.

It is easy to get the shiny new toy and completely forget to kit it out!

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, iKami said:

LOL I bought the Black Squadron or Fleet, whatever that package was called and you better believe I went to each ship and fitted them out. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,193 posts
6,652 battles
4 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Someone who knows how needs to put together a stream like that.

[TDG]
Members
1,617 posts
7,837 battles

Dropped a Lightning into a Tier X match having planned to be in Co-op.  Lucky for me, I run camouflage and Premium DCP on every ship.  I actually survived and scored two kills.  The captain might not have been was not a 10-point yet either.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
  • Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
809 posts
20,959 battles

Played the Musashi a few weeks back and had forgotten I had shuffled commanders around.  I had a 10/10 pointer on her...just nothing invested.  Thought it felt sluggish in the match and checked the stuff afterwords to realize my error.  Interestingly, it was a hard carry and was one of my better games in the ship.

[SPCU]
Members
782 posts
5,008 battles
6 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Dropped a Lightning into a Tier X match having planned to be in Co-op.  Lucky for me, I run camouflage and Premium DCP on every ship.  I actually survived and scored two kills.  The captain might not have been was not a 10-point yet either.

Lightning is amazing. Maneuvers like a dream, stealthy 5.5k, plenty of 360 degree guns, torps... just wait till jutland... not as stealthy but the ability to heal as a dd? Priceless. Can get well over 20k hps with captain skills too.

[WOLFC]
Members
354 posts
17,884 battles
11 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Happy to have been part of your victory. I was in the Jutland.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
781 posts
5,790 battles
10 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Bad teams? I'd have payed doubloons if some of those teams were good enough to be labeled that highly.

So, what you're saying is that both teams had players that were actively resistant to winning & one side, despite their best efforts, failed in that endeavor? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
7 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

So, what you're saying is that both teams had players that were actively resistant to winning & one side, despite their best efforts, failed in that endeavor? :Smile_facepalm:

Yeah, that would def describe some of our games Monday.

[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
41 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Happy to have been part of your victory. I was in the Jutland.

TY for helping carry me through an "oh $#!+" match. 

[FFLY]
Members
134 posts
7,300 battles
21 hours ago, iKami said:

I must be the only one who does this but I always take a new ship stripped down to see how much I want to invest in before spending all the millions fitting it out