You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: New additions to Arsenal & other changes incoming w/ 7.12

50 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles

Daily Shipments Return

Players who log in to the game between December 25 and January 8 will get New Year-themed shipments.

You can receive the following rewards simply for logging into the game on a regular basis:

• 3x New Year Streamer camouflage patterns
  • 50,000 credits
  • 50,000 credits
  • 1 day of Warships Premium Account
  • 1x Secret Santa Container
  • 50,000 credits
  • 5x New Year Streamer camouflage patterns
  • 500 Coal
  • 1 day of Warships Premium Account
  • 1x Secret Santa Container

You can get a total of 10 rewards, and shipments will be arriving for a total of 14 days. Thus, you can skip 4 days out of two weeks, but still be able to get all of the rewards!

The Service Record

From Update 0.7.12, your progress in the Service Record will be based on the number of battles played rather than on the amount of XP earned. Rewards granted for reaching each Level remain the same. This will help to make Service Record progression easier to pick up for novice players.

With the release of the update, all players at Levels 1 to 14 in their Service Records will be automatically shifted one level higher.

Important! Battles will cease to be counted towards a player's progress in the Service Record after a restriction is imposed on the player, preventing them from entering all types of battles except Co-op, Clan, and Training battles.

Map Changes

In Update 0.7.12, a lot of changes were implemented to the Okinawa map to improve it:

The ridge of islands between key areas A and B used to divide the map into two uneven parts: one with one key area and the other with two. We have split the big ridge into two and moved it southeast. Now, both parts are located in the central area. The height of these islands enables ships on one flank to provide fire support to their allies on the other flank. At the same time, the islands enable cruisers to hide from battleships' salvos and be more active in fighting for control of a key area. The passage between the islands in the central part of the map allowed ships to easily sail from one part of the map to the other.

The northwestern key area is now more open, and the height of islands around it has been changed. This allows cruisers and even battleships to take part in its capture, or to provide fire support.

Several new islands have been added to the southeastern key area. They give destroyers a chance to take shelter from enemy salvos. However, the open space near the key area that’s suitable for playing with battleships and destroyers, still remains.

In general, the renewed Okinawa map will be more comfortable for ships of all types, with an abundance of open water spaces and a landscape that will retain its familiar patterns.

Game Balance Changes to US battleships

To raise their battle performance and bring them in line with same-type ships, the following improvements have been implemented for US battleships, aimed at raising their average lifetime in battle:

S. Carolina:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 14.9 to 13.1 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 10.7 to 9.4 seconds

Wyoming:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 17.7 to 13.1 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 12.7 to 11.2 seconds

New York:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 19.3 to 17.1 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 12.5 to 11.0 seconds
The reloading time of the main has been reduced from 34.3 to 31 seconds

New Mexico:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 19.7 to 17.4 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 13.5 to 11.9 seconds

Colorado:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 20.8 to 18.3 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 16.1 to 14.2 seconds

N. Carolina:
The rudder shift time for hull (A) has been reduced from 22.8 to 20.0 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (B) has been reduced from 17.3 to 15.2 seconds

Iowa:
The rudder shift time for hulls (A) and (B) has been reduced from 25.6 to 22.5 seconds
The rudder shift time for hull (C) has been reduced from 19.5 to 17.1 seconds

For the ships mentioned above, the HP recovery speed when the Repair Party consumable is used has been increased from 0.5 to 0.66% of total HP per second. The change doesn't affect battleship Colorado because her Repair Party already has this effect.

German battleship Friedrich der Große

The armor penetration capacity of the 105 mm HE shells of the secondary battery guns is now 26 mm
The reloading time of the 406 mm main guns has been reduced from 28 to 26 seconds
The reloading time of the 420 mm main guns has been reduced from 32 to 29 seconds

The increase in DPM of the main and secondary battery guns compensates for the small number of guns, while preserving all the special aspects of gameplay specific to German battleships.

Japanese battleships

Myogi:
The reloading time of the main guns has been reduced from 30 to 28 seconds
The armor penetration of the 356 mm AP Type5 shells has been increased

The accuracy of Myogi's main guns couldn't adequately compensate for the small number of guns (only 6 of them). Besides that, her armor penetration capacity made her inefficient against same-type ships. Increasing the firing rate and armor penetration capacity enhances the battleship's efficiency at all firing ranges while preserving all special aspects of gameplay specific to Japanese battleships.

Kongo, hull (A):
The armor penetration of the 356 mm AP Type5 shells has been increased

Izumo:
The armor penetration of the 410 mm AP/APC Type91 shells has been increased

Despite the initial high capacity for AP shell armor penetration, it would decrease significantly with distance. This resulted in Izumo not being very efficient in long-range combat against same-type ships. With the new parameters, the ship's armor penetration at maximum distances isn't much inferior to that of Yamato, which in turn still enjoys better penetration capacity due to the larger caliber and better accuracy. The change is designed to reinforce Izumo in her role of being a heavy armored long-range battleship, and to make the transition to Yamato smoother and more logical.

Other Improvements
Fixed an issue with incorrect armor penetration. The armor penetration capacity of the 150 mm HE shells of the secondary guns has been increased from 36 mm to 37 mm for the following German ships: Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Admiral Graf Spee, HSF Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Graf Zeppelin, Roon, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst, and [Großer Kurfürst].
Protection of the stern magazines from damage caused by HE shells has been increased for Wichita and Medea.
Protection of the steering gears from damage caused by HE shells has been increased for Tachibana, Tachibana Lima, Umikaze, Isokaze, and Minekaze.
Propulsion protection from damage caused by HE shells has been increased for Tachibana, Tachibana Lima, and Wakatake.
Now, protection from damage caused by HE shells for these destroyers is in line with same-type ships.

Arsenal Update

Guineas will be available for accumulating until Update 0.7.12 is over, after which they will be exchanged for credits at an exchange rate of 1 Guinea to 100,000 credits. You won't be able to get them in the game client, but you will have a chance to purchase the missing amount in the Premium Shop in order to exchange them for   VIII Cossack.
In the Arsenal, you will now be able to exchange doubloons for various in-game goodies.

Five more Commanders will arrive with Update 0.7.12:
George Doe—1,500 doubloons. 
Vasiliy Znamensky—1,500 doubloons.
Reinhard von Jütland—1,500 doubloons.
Charles-Henri Honoré—1,500 doubloons.
Bert Dunkirk—1,500 doubloons.

Each Commander can be purchased only once. If you already have the Commander on your account, the exchange option will not be available.

TIII Premium US Cruiser Charleston

We have introduced a new ship that can be purchased for Coal: American Tier III cruiser Charleston. The cost is 15,000 Coal.

Camouflage

In the Camouflages category, permanent camos that can be purchased for doubloons have been added. Before Update 0.7.12, they were available in the Camouflage section on the Exterior tab.

For battleship Tirpitz: Special and Norwegian for 1,000 doubloons each, and Magnus-S for 2,500 doubloons.
For battleship Gascogne: Dazzling for 1,000 doubloons, The Maid of Orleans and The Republic for 2,500 doubloons each.
For cruiser Atago: Special, Combat, and Tropical for 1,000 doubloons each
For battleship Scharnhorst: Special and Z-15 for 1,000 doubloons each
For battleship Duke of York: Mediterranean and Tropical for 1,000 doubloons each
For battleship Hood: Special for 1,000 doubloons; From the Bottom of the Ocean and The Last Conquest for 2,000 doubloons each

New Ships Enter Testing

The following ships have been added for testing by developers, supertesters, and community contributors:

Soviet Tier IX destroyer Neustrashimy
Japanese Tier V cruiser Yahagi
Austro-Hungarian Tier IV battleship Viribus Unitis
Italian Tier VI destroyer Leone
Japanese Tier X cruiser Azuma

• Cool 6

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Huh. Charleston.

That is what it said (copy and paste of basic info - some titles I did) and 15K coal is pretty cheap. I will probably grab it.

I believe it has been out for a bit here though already as some kind of new player reward/incentive. Have seen a couple when I have played low tier.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,088 posts
13,547 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is what it said (copy and paste of basic info - some titles I did) and 15K coal is pretty cheap. I will probably grab it.

Same. Even if it'll end up being a port queen, I can spare the 15k coal.

I believe it has been out for a bit here though already as some kind of new player reward/incentive. Have seen a couple when I have played low tier.

Yep.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,011 posts
5,474 battles
21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

We have introduced a new ship that can be purchased for Coal: American Tier III cruiser Charleston. The cost is 15,000 Coal.

First I get Salem, then I come back for this.

21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Vasiliy Znamensky—1,500 doubloons.
Reinhard von Jütland—1,500 doubloons.

At the moment, their brothers are still available for coal. I wonder if this is going to change after tomorrow.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
8 minutes ago, SirMuttonChops said:

Those are some very nice rudder shift buffs for the USN BBs, especially on NC and Iowa.

Yes - Iowa especially and hopefully Missouri gets it too?

Members
3,319 posts
1,475 battles

I will probably pick up the Charleston too.  It will delay my purchase of a captain trainer for U.S. Cruisers.  And free up a port slot taken up by the St. Louis.

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

First I get Salem, then I come back for this.

At the moment, their brothers are still available for coal. I wonder if this is going to change after tomorrow.

I got Salem last fall and just got Jean Bart like a week or so ago so my Coal reserves were seriously compromised LOL.

Think I only have about 25K right now. But I will get a lot from the snowflake thing so should be up around 90K+ again soon. I will grab Charleston just because LOL.

And if you think about it the cost is really only 14,700 Coal because you will then get 300 Coal back for the snowflake thing once you play it and win a game.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[ARGSY]
Members
8,011 posts
5,474 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And if you think about it the cost is really only 14,700 Coal because you will then get 300 Coal back for the snowflake thing once you play it and win a game.

Yes, but my priority is to get the Salem before 0.7.12 ends, if I can, and get the STEEL. I am currently somewhere in the 120K area, stand to get about 24K coal out of this at first blush, and need to hit 180K (coupon coming after Christmas). It's going to be so close as it is that chunking 15K out of that just to grab a T3 cruiser isn't worth it.

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, but my priority is to get the Salem before 0.7.12 ends, if I can, and get the STEEL. I am currently somewhere in the 120K area, stand to get about 24K coal out of this at first blush, and need to hit 180K (coupon coming after Christmas). It's going to be so close as it is that chunking 15K out of that just to grab a T3 cruiser isn't worth it.

I wasn't suggesting you get the Charleston. It was just a comment about what I will do and why. Go for the Salem 1st. I would too. 

Beta Testers
406 posts
3,821 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes - Iowa especially and hopefully Missouri gets it too?

I don't think Missouri will get it as WG said that the premiums are, and I paraphase, "Performing well enough not to warrant a buff." Some of us thought that it was kind of a bunk answer, but at the same time if Iowa gets a better heal and faster rudder shift time compared Missouri, it will help differentiate the ships a bit and provide each ship with advantages and disadvantages over the other, which I'm personally fine with.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, my Steel will likely end up turned to coal to work on Salem and JB.  I won't have enough steel from snowflakes and PEF to actually buy a ship I want more than either of the ones named.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,011 posts
5,474 battles

I wasn't suggesting you get the Charleston. It was just a comment about what I will do and why. Go for the Salem 1st. I would too. 

Oh, no problem. If it weren't going to be such a tight squeeze I'd be grabbing Charleston first too, and for the same reason.

1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

I won't have enough steel from snowflakes and PEF to actually buy a ship I want more than either of the ones named.

Way back when, I considered Musashi-for-coal an impossible reach, so I spent it on other things and let that one go (I have since acquired her with FXP). But now things have changed, and even Salem for coal is looking doable before 0.8.0 drops, which I never thought would be the case.

I don't know how much PEF steel I can get in the time available, if I even get the PEF at all, but going by my previous lack of foresight, I have decided that I'm going to start hoarding my steel instead of frittering it away. You never know what other events of this sort may be offered, and it may build more quickly than I expect. I don't think I want anything other than Flint or Black, so I can set my sights low and put Stalingrad/Bourgogne out of my mind.

Members
20,778 posts
5,609 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh crap, Musashi is leaving tomorrow, isn't it?

Even converting the bit of steel I have and using the coupon, I'm gonna be a few K short....:Smile_sad:

And you can bet that whatever replaces it will be more expensive.

[SIM]
Members
3,015 posts
4,803 battles

Charleston in the Arsenal? Hell yeah! First good news that I’ve had all day.

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to start hoarding my steel.... You never know what other events of this sort may be offered, and it may build more quickly than I expect. 

^^^ This!

I REALLY want the T10 French BB. I don't, and refuse, to play PVP (don't care what mode) to earn Steel to get it. No ship is worth that hell for me. But with events like the snowflake thing, PEF campaign, etc... if we see more of them just maybe some day I will have enough. There is always that 25% off coupon we get 2X's a year too that will help a lot. The ship is an insane 30K Steel regularly but with that coupon it is a much more reachable 22.5K. I am thinking when all the events coming up are done I will be about 1/2 way to that 22.5K.

So with events, and possibly a few lucky SC drops, just maybe some day I can get it. If I sell what Steel I get here and there though I never will have enough.

[PVE]
Members
7,209 posts
12,411 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Oh crap, Musashi is leaving tomorrow, isn't it?

Even converting the bit of steel I have and using the coupon, I'm gonna be a few K short....:Smile_sad:

And you can bet that whatever replaces it will be more expensive.

No. It leaves on the next update 8.0

"Starting from Update 0.8.0, Tier IX, ships Musashi and Kronshtadt won't be available to purchase for Free XP, and cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client either."

[WOLF1]
Members
3,796 posts
1,512 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

"Starting from Update 0.8.0, Tier IX, ships Musashi and Kronshtadt won't be available to purchase for Free XP, and cannot be obtained for Coal in the game client either."

I believe from the CV Rework going live post, that will be 1/23.

I was mulling what to do about this as well, till Santa came along and gave me both of them. 

Members
20,778 posts
5,609 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Whew! Thanks! I panicked there for a minute.....

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

Best news is all the old duplicate commanders coming in for only 1500 dubs.  It's an XMas miracle, but now I have to regrind my French CA captain grrr

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,303 posts
15,805 battles

The USN BB rudder shift buffs up to Tier IX are great for me because I've dropped SGM2 in favor of DCSM2 on almost all of my Battleships.  So my tech tree USN BBs will be even better off.

[KNTAI]
Beta Testers
1,286 posts
9,866 battles
4 hours ago, SirMuttonChops said:

Those are some very nice rudder shift buffs for the USN BBs, especially on NC and Iowa.

Look at how nimble I am now!