TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Update 0.7.12: The Holidays Are Coming!"

66 comments in this topic

[LHG]
Beta Testers
12 posts
2,387 battles

Why do people keep saying that you have to “buy a BB to play the campaign/buy campaign/pay to play etc” like with other campaigns of this sort you have the choice correct? I remember this from the Duke of York. There were 2 simultaneous campaigns. One to obtain the ship for free and the second to get the perm-camo but requires the ship in question to start.

So you do the free missions, earn the ship then turn around and work on the second campaign for additional ships/perma-camo. It would seem that the main campaign to earn the ship for free is split up to be 1 directive per week giving most people enough time to complete that weeks directive with time to spare for the other offerings.

If like some people your time is not as readily available as some you have the choice to skip the free unlock, purchase the ship and move straight into the second campaign and use the 5 weeks to work on that content as well as any other subsequent seasonal content you wish to strive for... bleet.

Or did I miss something?

-Spec :P

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,941 posts
21,599 battles

For the daily shipments days 3 & 2 are 1 day warships premium account time &  50 doubloons (respectively) in the video (& when it was on the test server) but in the writeup days 3 & 2 are 500 coal & 1 day warships premium account time (respectively)...please give us the 50 doubloons instead of the 500 coal & tell me the writeup is the misprint...plenty of coal to mine throughout but doubloons are hard to come by & much more appreciated.

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
117 posts
4,249 battles

Does anyone know how much the new campaign is going to cost?

If it's over 5 dollars, I'm definitely not going to buy

Edited by mcgibe

[PVE]
Members
2,941 posts
21,599 battles
7 hours ago, totensburntcorpse said:

Extending the EPICS count down to august 2019 THANKS !!!!

Good news even better: Actually that is not an "extension" as the Epics have no actual expiration ("Combat missions don't have any fixed end dates").

It's just a limitation that it has to have an "end date" listed...but come August 2019 it will be "extended" yet again & will continue to be extended beyond that.

[RAWDY]
Beta Testers
66 posts
8,463 battles

If I research a new ship will a snowflake be applied to that new ship or must I already own the ship at the moment 7.12 becomes live?

Edited by zoombang
sentence syntax corretion

[PVE]
Members
2,941 posts
21,599 battles
53 minutes ago, zoombang said:

If I research a new ship will a snowflake be applied to that new ship or must I already own the ship at the moment 7.12 becomes live?

"Ships obtained in Update 0.7.12, i.e. those purchased, bought, or received in containers, will provide the New Year bonus, too".

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,230 posts

About this on Musashi:

• Fixed an issue with the cooldown time of the standard Catapult Fighter. It was standard rather than special, for Musashi. Reloading time has been reduced from 180 seconds to 90 seconds.

So, I get it. Musashi has bad AA. This is being compensated by cutting the Fighter cooldown in half.

So when does Yamato - which is one tier higher and just as focused by planes as her sister ship even with its better AA - get this too?

I thought that was the point of Musashi being T9 - - having crap AA defenses. Because this change pretty much closes the 'difference' gap between them, making Musashi the better ship now because of how the Match maker works.

Ugh. :fish_palm: 

Members
1 post
2,751 battles

Can we talk about the very lackluster buff to the T9 German BB. The guns are so bad and inaccurate that the slight reload buff will do almost nothing. The pen of the Secondaries is also not enough of a buff to do much either with how inaccurate they are and how often they smash on armor for no damage. The gimmick of German Battleships was supposed to be the use of long range secondaries but after the amazing T8 Bismark, the t9 and 10 are pretty much useless. Give the T9 /10 an accuracy and range bonus then maybe they can become competitive. Likely would need even more of a pen buff too.

[FLNVY]
Members
104 posts
4 hours ago, mcgibe said:

Does anyone know how much the new campaign is going to cost?

If it's over 5 dollars, I'm definitely not going to buy

Buy the PEF get campaign

so yes over 5 bucks 

If your talking about steel monsters campaign hahaha

more like 35 bucks idk tho

[KOFTT]
Members
8 posts
6,000 battles

I like that more commanders will be available in the arsenal; that is a nice addition.  Are there any plans to make containers for the Battle of North Cape available in the arsenal?  This is my only incomplete collection and I'm only missing a few items.

Members
19 posts
7,495 battles
45 minutes ago, Nicholas123454321 said:

We wanted ALASKA and you send us SNOW FLAKES . WHAT A ROTTEN HOLIDAY! 

right, been waiting and nothing

Members
19 posts
7,495 battles
4 hours ago, Torgar_Hammerfist said:

Can we talk about the very lackluster buff to the T9 German BB. The guns are so bad and inaccurate that the slight reload buff will do almost nothing. The pen of the Secondaries is also not enough of a buff to do much either with how inaccurate they are and how often they smash on armor for no damage. The gimmick of German Battleships was supposed to be the use of long range secondaries but after the amazing T8 Bismark, the t9 and 10 are pretty much useless. Give the T9 /10 an accuracy and range bonus then maybe they can become competitive. Likely would need even more of a pen buff too.

100% agreed

Members
1,406 posts
5,232 battles
13 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

I think they said we have another month to go before 0.8.0 goes live.  But what will they replace the Musashi with - that is what I want to know!  Maybe ALASKA????

Since they said they’re going to introduce “one more ship of the same tier” in the near future, and the only T9 premium that’s even been hinted at that would be anywhere near release is Alaska, we could be seeing her as early as 0.8.0 (to coincide with the new ranked season) or in February or March (probably no later than mid March to coincide with her first combat action?).

(although, that does then raise questions about how the upcoming Soviet T9 DD will be released, since Alaska will probably be a free xp ship with the removal of Kronsthadt/Musashi and Jean Bart taking the coal spot)

[FARCE]
[FARCE]
Members
4 posts
5,132 battles

Anyone else having a problem updating to 0.7.12? This update has been at 50% for about the last hour...

[STW-M]
Members
295 posts
8,278 battles

updated fine. Collector's club emblems show, but nothing about HOW to get them other than numbers of which I have played 200 different ships over the last year and the emblems do not light up. Is if PLAY starting NOW or active in your ports?

Members
17 posts
2,361 battles

I saw that one other person posted that they were having a problem with the update...  I also am having an update issue with the latest patch.  I've tried the update multiple times today and each time the update sits at 5% saying 179.95 MB remaining.  Not sure what's going on and I've never had an issue with a patch update since I started playing WOWS like 2 yrs ago.   Screen shot below...

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks...

WOWS_20181219.png