Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

? about full AA build

6 comments in this topic

Members
332 posts
6,903 battles

Just got a Huanghe from a santa crate and was wondering if a full AA build would actually be deadly to enemy Aircraft? Since it's tier 6 you see a lot more cv's and I've heard her AA is very good for a tier 6 cruiser. Can anybody confirm if her AA is actual that good to try something like this? TIA

[HINON]
Supertester
20,567 posts
13,975 battles

From Mouse's review,

"Huanghe's anti-aircraft firepower will never truly be a dominating threat to enemy carriers and remains merely a nuisance that will cause them a few casualties, but it cannot stop attacks from being made."

The biggest problem with her AA is the lack of DFAA. Personally I don't think it would be worth heavily speccing into AA.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

beyond AFT or MFCAA? not really

you definitely want IFHE and CE, so that leaves only one other 4pt skill

taking the +20% AA range upgrade is an option, but there is a noticeable lack of main gun accuracy with it.

[ADR]
Members
43 posts
4,219 battles

Huanghe has the best base AA of any tier 6 cruiser. She puts out a total of 181 base DPS when aircraft are within he inner AA bubble at 2km.

But she lacks a Defensive AA Fire consumable, which means she has no burst potential or ability to scatter bomber drops, which means that in most cases other cruisers are better suited to the AA role, such as Dallas, which can put out a base total of 411 DPS with the DFAA consumable active.

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles

Even if the AA is effective and a CV is present, you are only building to be good against 1 ship out of 12

You will be much better off building against the 11 rather than the 1.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles

I don't own Huanghe, so I'm just going what I see in the WoWSwiki.

With AFT and AAGM2 her max range should be good, about 7.2km.  But she has 2 problems.

1.  Her AA DPS isn't all that good.

2.  She lacks Defensive Fire.

The only way I can see her AA shooting a decent number of planes down is adding AFT, AAGM2 upgrade, *and* Manual AA trait.  Even then I have doubts about an AA Haunghe dealing with Tier VI-VIII aircraft.  She should be able to swat Tier V CV aircraft, but similar and higher tier aircraft, I have doubts.  The lack of Defensive Fire is a big deal because that could have shored up DPS issues, at least while it's active.

Huanghe's AA is somewhat identical to Tier VI New Mexico's.  NM is considered to have "decent" AA (for a Tier VI BB) but when I played CVs, I always went for her and nailed her.  I saw other CVs do the same.  With Huanghe having similar AA to NM and lacking Defensive Fire, I don't see that big a use in an AA Build on her.  Better off getting ASM1 installed with a Stealth / IFHE / Consumables oriented build.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this