You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Renuz

Make random...PURE random pls

53 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
20,986 posts
21,068 battles
31 minutes ago, Renuz said:

Well...part of my point was, most clans don't. They tell the other side what ....the other side is doing. It's mostly a big goof off event...at the expense of the individual random player trying to play serious.

I've played other games that had a separate " team " mode for people who want to group together and play against others grouped together. ...or teamed up. With random people filling in the gaps on an in que basis.

I'm not talking about clan battles...this would be cross clan...or no clan even. It would be for everyone.

Why not do that here ?

It's never been that way in any Tanks or Warships clan that I've been in when we were sync dropping. I don't know where you come off thinking that "most" clans are being jerks in this way.  That seems rather cynical to me.

Edited by Crucis

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's never been that way in any Tanks or Warships clan that I've been in when we were sync dropping. I don't know where you come off thinking that "most" clans are being jerks in this way.  That seems rather cynical to me.

Fair enough...not cynical but perhaps a bit assuming.  I do find that clan sync drops and divs in general tend to play differently than the rest of the random player team. They look out for each other...maybe trying to impress their mates even, they play different.

It's at team, within a team...and it messes up they dynamics of a " random player " match.  In my opinion based on my observations and personal experience.

I think random battle matches should be made up of pure random players on both sides. People who want to group and play together ..can have their own game mode with others doing the same thing.

Edited by Renuz

[RKLES]
Members
157 posts
11,303 battles

I think divisions limited to 2 players will be a good start. A division of 3 that works together is just to powerful against a team of strangers.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
2 minutes ago, Learux said:

I think divisions limited to 2 players will be a good start. A division of 3 that works together is just to powerful against a team of strangers.

That would be a start. A div of 3 for our top 10% of players can pretty much turn the tides of battle, considering they are in voice chat together and whatnot.

That's not really my point though, my point is ALL divs mess up the dynamics of random player created teams, because it's not pure random. The divs are created by us, not created randomly.

Give us a game mode to support divs...and a separate game mode that supports purely random play...purely random created teams. No divs allowed.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
631 posts
5,708 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, Renuz said:

I think random battle mode should be made PURE random, no divs, no clan sync drops, that stuff just messes up the dynamics of random team play.

I think it should be just a pure random team against another pure random team, complete strangers vs complete strangers. 

I think it's the only way to make it 100%  fair.

Now, I get it, friends want to play together and stuff.

I would suggest a new mode of play. 

We should have a team play mode.( not clan vs clan )  A place where people can make their own teams, can be mixed clan, or even players with no clan. Make it 6 vs 6....or 8 vs 8 even.

If you don't have enough to make a team ? That's not a problem. Make a team of 3 friends and get 3 people randomly who are in que for team play. ( this would also help people make friends in game)

comments, ideas, concerns, smart remarks ??

So you understand that with the premise of an online multiplayer game that is on an individual server such as NA, the clan sync drops can't really be stopped right? Also what dynamic of random team play are you talking about? I div up with other unicums and great players because I like winning my games. I would rather one or two teammates or clan members that i know I can count on rather than 11 other random teammates that I can't depend on.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
32 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

So you understand that with the premise of an online multiplayer game that is on an individual server such as NA, the clan sync drops can't really be stopped right? Also what dynamic of random team play are you talking about? I div up with other unicums and great players because I like winning my games. I would rather one or two teammates or clan members that i know I can count on rather than 11 other random teammates that I can't depend on.

Clan sync can be stopped by simply not allowing any divs into random play. Well...I guess..you could get 10 people to click battle at the same time individually ...but it would be seriously awkward and likely not popular.

Even still...it could be arranged that people from the same clan can not be in the same random battle together. That would solve any drop sync issues.

One could still div with their unicums and play.....against others diving up with their unicums, leaving random battles to be played 100% by pure randomly picked teams.

Edited by Renuz

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
631 posts
5,708 battles
5 minutes ago, Renuz said:

Clan sync can be stopped by simply not allowing any divs into random play. Well...I guess..you could get 10 people to click battle at the same time individually ...but it would be seriously awkward and likely not popular.

Even still...it could be arranged that people from the same clan can not be in the same random battle together. That would solve any drop sync issues.

One could still div with their unicums and play.....against others diving up with their unicums, leaving random battles to be played 100% by pure randomly picked teams.

Clan sync doesn't always involve divisions. Having 10 people click battle individually is not as awkward as you might think.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
Just now, Panic512 said:

Clan sync doesn't always involve divisions. Having 10 people click battle individually is not as awkward as you might think.

It's pretty awkward ...lol

And good luck with all of them ending up in the same match.....

I would say....nobody in the same clan...allowed in the same random match.

It might make que times a minute longer for some, but it's worth it.

[SALVO]
Members
20,986 posts
21,068 battles
1 hour ago, Renuz said:

Fair enough...not cynical but perhaps a bit assuming.  I do find that clan sync drops and divs in general tend to play differently than the rest of the random player team. They look out for each other...maybe trying to impress their mates even, they play different.

It's at team, within a team...and it messes up they dynamics of a " random player " match.  In my opinion based on my observations and personal experience.

I think random battle matches should be made up of pure random players on both sides. People who want to group and play together ..can have their own game mode with others doing the same thing.

We definitely have different experiences.  In my experience, clan members are gunning for each other for bragging rights and the LOLs, not protecting each other even when on different teams.    In my experience, clannies, if given a choice, would shoot a fellow  clan mate on the enemy team rather than a non-clan mate enemy, because we were all trying to blap each other, not protect each other.

35 minutes ago, Renuz said:

It's pretty awkward ...lol

And good luck with all of them ending up in the same match.....

I would say....nobody in the same clan...allowed in the same random match.

It might make que times a minute longer for some, but it's worth it.

It's never been awkward in any clans I've been in doing large sync drops.  Everyone would say that they were ready, and then one person would do a count down when you'd hit battle on "go".  3, 2, 1, GO.  It was no guarantee that you'd all end up in the same battle.  But more often than not, you'd end up with quite a few in the battle.  Also, when doing large sync drops, it was always better to drop as individuals rather than in divisions, because divs are more difficult for MM to process and match up.  But if you have 10 or so clannies in a variety of ship types entering the queue solo, it's pretty easy for MM to match you all up.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
22 hours ago, Crucis said:

We definitely have different experiences.  In my experience, clan members are gunning for each other for bragging rights and the LOLs, not protecting each other even when on different teams.    In my experience, clannies, if given a choice, would shoot a fellow  clan mate on the enemy team rather than a non-clan mate enemy, because we were all trying to blap each other, not protect each other.

exactly my point.....Your clan mates are focused on shooting each other even when that may or may not be the best for the entire team to win.

One may focus on shooting and sinking their clan mate when perhaps it would have been better to focus on a higher priority ship....see ?

[RKLES]
Members
157 posts
11,303 battles

While I do like to shoot at my clan mates more then a stranger, I will say it again. Limit divisions to random battles to two players will be a good start.

And take the ability away to see individual stats on the fly. Once a three man divisions starts shooting and killing the strongest players on a random team first the match  result is not hard to predict.

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 11:58 PM, Renuz said:

I think random battle mode should be made PURE random, no divs, no clan sync drops, that stuff just messes up the dynamics of random team play.

I think it should be just a pure random team against another pure random team, complete strangers vs complete strangers. 

We should have a team play mode.( not clan vs clan )  A place where people can make their own teams, can be mixed clan, or even players with no clan. Make it 6 vs 6....or 8 vs 8 even.

If you don't have enough to make a team ? That's not a problem. Make a team of 3 friends and get 3 people randomly who are in que for team play. ( this would also help people make friends in game)

Ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr you can make some friends and play together. People who enjoy playing with friends and divisioning should not be punished because the solo yolo's only want to play by themselves. 

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
4 minutes ago, Learux said:

While I do like to shoot at my clan mates more then a stranger, I will say it again. Limit divisions to random battles to two players will be a good start.

And take the ability away to see individual stats on the fly. Once a three man divisions starts shooting and killing the strongest players on a random team first the match  result is not hard to predict.

Why limit it to two players? Divisions should be increased to 4 so we can play with more of our friends. 

• Cool 1

Members
23,169 posts
5,841 battles
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 12:20 AM, Renuz said:

We also sync drop too....and that's even more awkward, especially when we have clan on both sides and we in voice chat together.

As long as you aren't cheating, not a problem. Rubbing it in when you sink a clanmate over voice chat is more satisfying than a mere badge teabagging....

If your clan isn't cheating, what makes you think other clans are?

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 1:03 AM, Renuz said:

If you are an anti social solo yolo player why are you even bothering to play a online MULTIPLAYER TEAM based game. If I could not play with my clanmates and friends I wouldn't even bother with this game. Stop complaining and make some internet friends and play with them.

Members
23,169 posts
5,841 battles
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 12:31 AM, Renuz said:

Like...how can ya compete against a clan in random who is in voice chat and has their own agenda ? ( which is mostly just goofing around ...not serious about winning )

Because you usually have one on your team as well.

Team Battles were tried, but not very popular. If you had an ad hoc team vs. a clan team, you generally got slaughtered.

Besides, we don't really have a big enough playerbase to have it split permanently.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,396 posts
9,401 battles

I remember watching a video a few years ago by Wasting Some Time Gaming ... in which he rammed a T1 or T2 cruiser with his T6-T8 BB (details escape me atm).  

The cruiser was in a fail division of course ... point is, it WAS a lot more random ... and crazy and hilarious back then.  Fun times, except for those cruisers. :Smile_unsure::Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
On 12/19/2018 at 12:25 AM, Renuz said:

That would be a start. A div of 3 for our top 10% of players can pretty much turn the tides of battle, considering they are in voice chat together and whatnot.

That's not really my point though, my point is ALL divs mess up the dynamics of random player created teams, because it's not pure random. The divs are created by us, not created randomly.

Give us a game mode to support divs...and a separate game mode that supports purely random play...purely random created teams. No divs allowed.

In my experience the people who want divisions eliminated are the low skill players who can't win or carry and look to blame something else other then themselves for their failures. Like divisions for example, if there were no divisions in the game you would still be the 46% win rate player you currently are. 

Take responsibility for your failings as a player, get better and stop trying to get how a huge percentage of the players like to play the game removed.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,808 posts
9,819 battles

Funny how the div limit was 2 people for the longest time and the changed it to 3 since everyone wanted bigger divs. Also it's a lot easier to get into the same game with people if you all join the q at the Same time solo.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,585 posts
On 12/17/2018 at 10:58 PM, Renuz said:

That was "Tank Companies" in WOT.  I always enjoyed them.  Not sure why WOT got rid of them.  (It was after I quit when WoWS was released.)

I think they'd be a great fit here though.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
8,115 battles

Its funny that whenever people come to the forum complaining about people running bad ship setups the response is "randoms is not competitive" as an excuse for people not running the best setups or for teams being fairly balanced. However occasionally someone comes along wanting to ban good players or players that want to play casually with their friends.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
12 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr you can make some friends and play together. People who enjoy playing with friends and divisioning should not be punished because the solo yolo's only want to play by themselves. 

I'm all for that. I just think it would be better to create a new battle mode for friends to play...called Team Battles ( I know they tried this a little ..awhile ago )

Friends can play in Team battles and Random battles will consist of purely randomly made teams.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
12 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

If you are an anti social solo yolo player why are you even bothering to play a online MULTIPLAYER TEAM based game. If I could not play with my clanmates and friends I wouldn't even bother with this game. Stop complaining and make some internet friends and play with them.

I have 40 friends in my clan...that's not my point.

My point is...playing with divs and stuff in a " random" team making battle...takes the " random " out of it.

My point is....wouldn't it be better to create a new mode of play where friends can play as teams against other people do the same thing.

Making random team creation ....pure random...most fair on both sides.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,873 battles
12 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Because you usually have one on your team as well.

Team Battles were tried, but not very popular. If you had an ad hoc team vs. a clan team, you generally got slaughtered.

Besides, we don't really have a big enough playerbase to have it split permanently.

That's actually a good point.

I had not thought about high end clans playing team battles and dominating the whole scene.

well......ok....I think that's fine.

Let them....how often do you get to play against OPG, or  ZR, or o7??....(  and others..not going to name them all =P

You will probably lose...but think about what you can learn!!

and if ya win..extra pride bonus =)

git gud

Edited by Renuz

Members
23,169 posts
5,841 battles
7 hours ago, Renuz said:

That's actually a good point.

I had not thought about high end clans playing team battles and dominating the whole scene.

well......ok....I think that's fine.

Let them....how often do you get to play against OPG, or  ZR, or o7??....(  and others..not going to name them all =P

You will probably lose...but think about what you can learn!!

and if ya win..extra pride bonus =)

git gud

That's just it though. It doesn't take a high end clan, just a semi-serious one.

And most people would rather play how they want, instead of learning to "git gud". So they stop playing. Then the players who were persistent run into clans more often, and they get frustrated, and then they quit too.

We've been there before, no reason to think it would change.

And you complain about clans goofing around when you're being serious. Any clan div I've seen, even when "goofing around", still plays better than a lot of, if not most of, the other players.

And I have never seen a high-end clan div do anything other than play to win.