You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Renuz

Make random...PURE random pls

53 comments in this topic

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles

I think random battle mode should be made PURE random, no divs, no clan sync drops, that stuff just messes up the dynamics of random team play.

I think it should be just a pure random team against another pure random team, complete strangers vs complete strangers. 

I think it's the only way to make it 100%  fair.

Now, I get it, friends want to play together and stuff.

I would suggest a new mode of play. 

We should have a team play mode.( not clan vs clan )  A place where people can make their own teams, can be mixed clan, or even players with no clan. Make it 6 vs 6....or 8 vs 8 even.

If you don't have enough to make a team ? That's not a problem. Make a team of 3 friends and get 3 people randomly who are in que for team play. ( this would also help people make friends in game)

comments, ideas, concerns, smart remarks ??

Edited by Renuz
  • Cool 3

Members
1,939 posts
9,548 battles

We've had this discussion before. Same idea. 

WG doesnt want to disrupt the queues anymore than they have to.

Also, of late, Ive seen a bunch of sync dropping. Moreso than at anytime Ive played the game. 

• Cool 3

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles
6 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

We've had this discussion before. Same idea. 

WG doesnt want to disrupt the queues anymore than they have to.

Also, of late, Ive seen a bunch of sync dropping. Moreso than at anytime Ive played the game. 

I see it a lot now...and you know they in voice chat. It kinda makes a joke of random team play.

I was just in a match that had 6 of one clan on my team and 2 of the same clan on the other team.....totally changed the dynamics of the battle. They was in their own world.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
895 posts
6,976 battles
3 minutes ago, Renuz said:

I see it a lot now...and you know they in voice chat. It kinda makes a joke of random team play.

I was just in a match that had 6 of one clan on my team and 2 of the same clan on the other team.....totally changed the dynamics of the battle. They was in their own world.

Do you not use divisions in your clan?

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles

We do, tho I seldom participate because it's awkward to have a " team " within a " team.

We also sync drop too....and that's even more awkward, especially when we have clan on both sides and we in voice chat together.

Edited by Renuz

[CUTER]
Members
3,859 posts
18,307 battles

Make it even more random by allowing all ships from tier 1 to tier 10 to be dropped into a match together. So randum XDDDD

• Funny 1

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles
1 minute ago, Preteen said:

Make it even more random by allowing all ships from tier 1 to tier 10 to be dropped into a match together. So randum XDDDD

LOL.......good one

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
895 posts
6,976 battles

If it's awkward for you then you should probably just give it more time or play with someone you click with. Your worst enemies are often green, your friendly division has the potential to combat this. This being the first game I played with Discord it was a bit out of my comfort zone at first but now I love it and will use it as often as possible. Sync dropping can be hilarious and sparks more competition, at least in my clan. If you drop on the same team even better. Sorry you're not enjoying the experience.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles
5 minutes ago, HeathenForay said:

If it's awkward for you then you should probably just give it more time or play with someone you click with. Your worst enemies are often green, your friendly division has the potential to combat this. This being the first game I played with Discord it was a bit out of my comfort zone at first but now I love it and will use it as often as possible. Sync dropping can be hilarious and sparks more competition, at least in my clan. If you drop on the same team even better. Sorry you're not enjoying the experience.

It ruins the basics of random team matching. It makes random battle play just a play ground for people to use and abuse for their own enjoyment. It kinda griefs the other people who are actually trying their best to do well and win.

Like...how can ya compete against a clan in random who is in voice chat and has their own agenda ? ( which is mostly just goofing around ...not serious about winning )

Their should be a game mode for them to play in too...so friends don't have to use random battles to play together.

Ie.....my Team play idea with a que for folks who cant make a whole team

Edited by Renuz

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
895 posts
6,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Renuz said:

It ruins the basics of random team matching. It makes random battle play just a play ground for people to use and abuse for their own enjoyment. It kinda griefs the other people who are actually trying their best to do well and win.

Like...how can ya compete against a clan in random who is in voice chat and has their own agenda ?

Their should be a game mode for them to play in too...so friends don't have to use random battles to play together.

Ie.....my Team play idea with a que for folks who cant make a whole team

I don't see how anything is "ruined." It's very rare to see the same clans in divisions on both teams, "sync dropping" is no guarantee of the desired result. You counter divisions the same way you counter solo players, and if done right it can actually work against them...like the infamous triple DD divs that almost guarantee a loss; solo players would typically split up whereas all three often go to the same cap and die in first two minutes. Sounds .....random

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles

My clan sync divs a lot. I would say they end up on opposite teams at least 50% of the time. We are in voice chat and could tell the other side where everyone is....if we wanted too. We don't do that, but we could. We do kinda mess around with each other and look to sink each other and stuff. Certain details may pop up for each side about the other side...in the process. Hence...my thread.

Edited by Renuz

[DENY]
Members
675 posts
7,167 battles

Simply not , with the average player behind a potato with sub 40% winrate , the only way to get a decent win is to div up it out the chance of a blowout , 

My advice is div up en enjoy ,

Back to clubbing potato now .... At t10

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,186 battles

You don't want pure random because strictly speaking that would means tier 1s can see tier 10s due to random rolls of the dice; or really imbalance number of team members between either team for that matter. 

[RUST]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,186 battles
8 minutes ago, Renuz said:

My clan sync divs a lot. I would say they end up on opposite teams at least 50% of the time. We are in voice chat and could tell the other side where everyone is....if we wanted too. We don't do that, but we could. We do kinda mess around with each other and look to sink each other and stuff. Certain details may pop up for each side about the other side...in the process. Hence...my thread.

When you sync drop 2 divs, you actually increase the odds of being on opposite teams cuz MM try to have equal number of division on both teams. 

• Cool 1

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles
2 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

You don't want pure random because strictly speaking that would means tier 1s can see tier 10s due to random rolls of the dice; or really imbalance number of team members between either team for that matter. 

Ok.....good point

I meant pure random as in.....all random strangers ....both sides..

Not random boats....all tiers

Edited by Renuz

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
36 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Yeah but ships out of league (+/-2) cant shoot each other lol.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles

I think he was just joking .... =)

Edited by Renuz

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles

The major motivation for this thread was to drum up some discussion about the creation of a new team play mode. A mode of play that would allow for friends to play together. At the same time, outlaw divs from random play mode, making it PURE random play.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,779 posts
9,621 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Do you guys remember the days of Umikaze wrecking Yamatos?

Image result for pepperidge farm remembers imgur

good old days of failed divs and + -3 MM and 3cvs a team etc....

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,779 posts
9,621 battles

shot-15_04.27_18_29.10-0433.thumb.jpg.6c712379719194f48784602ece1033d1.jpg

this is from early CBT what MM use to look like it is a lot better now.

[SALVO]
Members
20,463 posts
20,305 battles
1 hour ago, Renuz said:

We do, tho I seldom participate because it's awkward to have a " team " within a " team.

We also sync drop too....and that's even more awkward, especially when we have clan on both sides and we in voice chat together.

If you're using something like teamspeak or Discord, and you're sync dropping and end up with players on both teams, just have one team's players jump into a different channel before the battle starts, and your problems are solved.

[SALVO]
Members
20,463 posts
20,305 battles
23 minutes ago, Renuz said:

The major motivation for this thread was to drum up some discussion about the creation of a new team play mode. A mode of play that would allow for friends to play together. At the same time, outlaw divs from random play mode, making it PURE random play.

They wouldn't need to create a "new" team play mode.  They already created a Team Battles mode well before clan battles and ranked battles came along.  It didn't go over too well, because it got rather boring real fast.  The problem IMO was that they tried to structure it as a competitive event, like ranked or clan battles, when it really should have been set up more like the old tank companies from World of Tanks, where there was no competitive structure.  You just formed teams and played against whomever was in the queue.  Nothing was on the line, other than simple winning or losing, with normal XP and credits, etc.    Also, WoT's tank companies were available at tiers 4, 6, 8, and 10, though the most popular tier by far was tier 6.  Tank companies were more free form.  You could lock them like divisions  and make them by invite only, which would be good if you were doing it only for your clan.  Or you could have them be more open and have the tank company commander decide who to accept.  Tank companies were a great way to check out potential new clan members, because you could see if they'd obey orders, see if they were decent players, and see if you and your clan mates liked them or not.

As for banning divisions, it's NEVER going to happen.  There are always people begging for larger divisions, not smaller or no divisions.  Some people simply want to play together, but don't have enough to form a team.  Besides, team play tends to not have enough people playing it unless it's your server's prime time.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

shot-15_04.27_18_29.10-0433.thumb.jpg.6c712379719194f48784602ece1033d1.jpg

this is from early CBT what MM use to look like it is a lot better now.

Made me laugh.. these youngsters have no idea :)

Heres a couple I saved :)

mm1.thumb.jpg.96ab53b17368dd8659335464aa3799b6.jpg

MM2.thumb.png.392b6a79725eda37d99199f12670af9a.png

Talk about fun as a Taiho driver :)

M

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
110 posts
8,687 battles
21 hours ago, Crucis said:

If you're using something like teamspeak or Discord, and you're sync dropping and end up with players on both teams, just have one team's players jump into a different channel before the battle starts, and your problems are solved.

Well...part of my point was, most clans don't. They tell the other side what ....the other side is doing. It's mostly a big goof off event...at the expense of the individual random player trying to play serious.

I've played other games that had a separate " team " mode for people who want to group together and play against others grouped together. ...or teamed up. With random people filling in the gaps on an in que basis.

I'm not talking about clan battles...this would be cross clan...or no clan even. It would be for everyone.

Why not do that here ?

Edited by Renuz