You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DDG_53_John_Paul_Jones

Saipan/Kaga Nerf NEEDED

18 comments in this topic

Members
51 posts
3,044 battles

Nothing is more annoying than being placed in a match against a Saipan/Kaga. They are both broken when it comes to Air superiority/Attacks. Sure, the Saipan doesn't have great strike squad sizes but the Kaga is so OP. The strikes are monstrous, But that is semi-bearable. Now the Saipan is REALLY F****** BROKEN. So a person who played countless hours and isn't too [edited] when it comes to carriers gets run over by a strafe slinging Saipan. It can strafe out of dogfights without losing planes, It takes 6 planes to Kill 2 of the planes of ONE squadron, and if you are lucky the third plane of the squad. I personally own the Saipan, Great ship. However, I never play it because it is not fun- Even if the other team has a REALLY good carrier player and I still beat them. I can easily outmatch them by using the strafing technique or by throwing squads at them. Oh, I forgot to mention the Saipan can hold 22 fighters and 25 torpedo bombers. So I can essentially throw fighters away and only take 1 minute to get off the deck compared to the 1:30 of a ranger. Any comments Ideas? - 

• Funny 2
  • Boring 6

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,298 posts
12,407 battles

Why is this relevant considering the whole CV system is about to be overhauled???

Why would you ask for a nerf of two CV's that won't play anything like they did under the new "first person" CV play style?  Have you been holed up in a prepper cabin over the last 3 months?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[RLGN]
Members
10,125 posts
19,511 battles
32 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Why is this relevant considering the whole CV system is about to be overhauled???

Why would you ask for a nerf of two CV's that won't play anything like they did under the new "first person" CV play style?  Have you been holed up in a prepper cabin over the last 3 months?

God and WG only know what’s going to happen to them anyway, since they are in removed tiers.

Saipan is pointless without strafing anyway, and aside from some kind of foolish ‘entire bomber squad attacks at once’ or torpedo squad silliness, might as well just be another Independence.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,196 posts
11,697 battles
39 minutes ago, thedarkone11_2014 said:

Any comments Ideas? - 

you just came here to rant, if your topic is about a neft, then tell us what is your proposal? what need to neft and change?

don't came here demand neft without telling what is needed to be done

Otherwise, go outside, have a break, have a KitKat. go cool down, do something else .... you are not helping.

Beside, WoWs is working on CV rework, perhaps you are too busy ranting and didn't check

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,690 posts
8,217 battles
12 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

God and WG only know what’s going to happen to them anyway, since they are in removed tiers.

Saipan is pointless without strafing anyway, and aside from some kind of foolish ‘entire bomber squad attacks at once’ or torpedo squad silliness, might as well just be another Independence.

a t8 independence without any credible AA or secondary defence. I guess it will get some sort of a gimmick consumeable.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,515 posts
11,631 battles
21 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

actually if they let Saipan keep its skyraiders at tier 7 it would still be a deadly ship given the current version of the CV rework. Kaga on the other hand....not so much.:fish_book:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,196 posts
11,697 battles
5 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

Kaga on the other hand....not so much

even with the current CV game play, Kaga captain knew their planes are .. tsk tsk ........ even the leander laughing at. Don't think of the number advantage need to conserve planes and pick off target with the nasty strike torp pattern. Otherwise planes GONE

what funny is that Saipan captain stafe slinging, but the Kaga can stafe too, but I will be giving away tactic that can be use against Saipan ....... you have good day, you have bad day. If it a bad day, do something else ..... obviously, OP currently kkkkkkkkk ...............  no comments! 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,515 posts
11,631 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

even with the current CV game play, Kaga captain knew their planes are .. tsk tsk ........ even the leander laughing at. Don't think of the number advantage need to conserve planes and pick off target with the nasty strike torp pattern. Otherwise planes GONE

what funny is that Saipan captain stafe slinging, but the Kaga can stafe too, but I will be giving away tactic that can be use against Saipan ....... you have good day, you have bad day. If it a bad day, do something else ..... obviously, OP currently kkkkkkkkk ...............  no comments! 

yup, usually when playing Kaga or enterprise I would hold my strike craft back until i spotted a lone ship or the enemy's AA was widdled down enough to send them in.:cap_rambo:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,196 posts
11,697 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

enemy's AA was widdled down enough to send them in

some players don't know this little mechanic trick and ignore them and pay the price, then came and rant

sigh*

CV rework = sigh*

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,912 posts
10,908 battles
45 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

actually if they let Saipan keep its skyraiders at tier 7 it would still be a deadly ship given the current version of the CV rework. Kaga on the other hand....not so much.:fish_book:

Saipan's going to tier 8, 50-50 odds it's gonna get smacked around by Midways and Haks. She's not really big enough for tier 8, and lacks any heavy AA guns, she's all 40mm and 20mm guns. Small flights won't be up to much with how the reworked AA works, one surprise in your face flak burst and you're grabbing a new flight of planes. You probably won't recognize her airwing. She won't go to tier 6, because people paid tier 7 prices for her.

Kaga as a tier 8 probably won't be as big a deal, hull wise she isn't that far off from the Shokaku, her close range AA isn't spectacular, but she's got plenty of twin 5" mounts. There's a lot of little tings they could do, play with her attack waves, give her HE bombs, make her DB's accurate, whatever so she isn't a Shokaku clone.

Enterprise likewise has options, she's already tier 8, They can use her existing in game aircraft and mess around attack waves to come up with something. The aircraft alone would stop her from being a copy of Lexington.

Graf Zeppelin is also in good shape there, she'll probably keep her crazy secondaries, as long as the Stukas sound like Stukas, WG probably doesn't have to get fancy with her, but I wouldn't put it past them to do something stupid.

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

They are being moved up to tier 8 supposedly, though i doubt they will be as good as they once were.  

[PWH]
Members
135 posts
5,516 battles

Before the new ship line reveal, I didnt consider it but since the Russian line, is basicilly a paper line, does anyone think its possible now for there to be a German and French aircraft carrier line? Dont quite look forward to the cv change, but cvs were always more powerful then any of the other ships and they did need a change.

[ZR]
Privateers, Supertester
685 posts
5,390 battles

I've outfought decent Saipan players in my Ranger. Sure it's hard to beat it but it's not impossible.

Members
251 posts
17,171 battles
3 hours ago, DDG_53_John_Paul_Jones said:

I personally own the Saipan, Great ship. However, I never play it because it is not fun- Even if the other team has a REALLY good carrier player and I still beat them. I can easily outmatch them by using the strafing technique or by throwing squads at them.

image.thumb.png.d1bf63ce954f864cd4a83017e5fe9171.png

Yet Saipan is your second most played CV, you must have played it in your sleep.

If the enemy team have a really good player 34% of the time you must have beaten them, then proceed to lose 66% of the time to bad carrier players because you feel bad for them right?

But worry not, you outmatched the enemy carrier by getting 18 plane kills a game, that's more than half of a single strike wave. Then the enemy CV must had been too sacred to send out additional waves after.

Arent you a stud.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
Members
700 posts
20,959 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, DDG_53_John_Paul_Jones said:

Nothing is more annoying than being placed in a match against a Saipan/Kaga. They are both broken when it comes to Air superiority/Attacks. Sure, the Saipan doesn't have great strike squad sizes but the Kaga is so OP. The strikes are monstrous, But that is semi-bearable. Now the Saipan is REALLY F****** BROKEN. So a person who played countless hours and isn't too [edited] when it comes to carriers gets run over by a strafe slinging Saipan. It can strafe out of dogfights without losing planes, It takes 6 planes to Kill 2 of the planes of ONE squadron, and if you are lucky the third plane of the squad. I personally own the Saipan, Great ship. However, I never play it because it is not fun- Even if the other team has a REALLY good carrier player and I still beat them. I can easily outmatch them by using the strafing technique or by throwing squads at them. Oh, I forgot to mention the Saipan can hold 22 fighters and 25 torpedo bombers. So I can essentially throw fighters away and only take 1 minute to get off the deck compared to the 1:30 of a ranger. Any comments Ideas? - 

the drugs are bad.the kaga is t7 with planes weak  t6.