You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
I_Am_Taras_Bulba

Is Musashi worth it?

22 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
65 posts
4,248 battles

I have more than enough freeXP for the Musashi? Is she worth it? Especially if she is going away in the near future. I am a big fan of the Yammy myself and have recently used my coal to get Jean Bart.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles

zcncw98.png

The only concern I would have with Musashi is when the CV Rework goes Live.  I personally expect an uptick of CVs once that happens.  Whether it's players trying out CVs for the first time or veteran ones getting used to the new system, I expect more.  And as a Tier IX BB who's AA is about as worthless as a Tier VI BB's, and facing the likes of Midway and Hakuryu as well as prior tiers of more CVs, Musashi will have a bad, bad time.

Every single one of the other Battleships in Tier IX have a better AA suite than Musashi by a significant margin, especially if they do AA Spec.  Musashi's AA is so bad that even a heavy AA Spec investment isn't going to save her.

Outside the AA issue, she's very powerful.

Also keep in mind, Tech Tree Yamato exists in Tier X.  She also has access to a Legendary Upgrade which Musashi doesn't have access as a Tier IX ship.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,961 posts
7,014 battles

For a FTP like me, I want all the free ships I can get.

Current plan for me is to use my stock of free xp and get Kronshtadt and then use the Snowflakes event to get enough coal to make up the 10k deficit for Musashi in the arsenal (I plan to use the coupon on her).

[SPCU]
Members
786 posts
5,018 battles

If you love yammie youll love musashi...

Same tactics, same performance, one tier lower.

AA is deplorable. Accuracy is slightly worse. Shes still a bow tanking thug of a ship though. Charge to objective... full reverse... turn on the citadel ribbon printer... make a sammich...

• Funny 1

[SPCU]
Members
786 posts
5,018 battles
21 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Why when the yam is better 

Because its 1 tier lower... and can punish poor innocents at t7... and can share his yammie captain... and because the only thing better than one yammie is twins?

Edited by Xanshin

Members
643 posts
3,727 battles
25 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Someone just data mined that Musashi has far better dispersion modifiers. No idea why. I never thought they behaved like 1.8 sigma guns so it explains things a bit.

[TNG]
Members
819 posts
3,666 battles
11 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Because its 1 tier lower... and can punish poor innocents at t7... and can share his yammie captain... and because the only thing better than one yammie is twins?

Because beating up on the unskilled playerbase is fun right

6 minutes ago, ksix said:

Someone just data mined that Musashi has far better dispersion modifiers. No idea why. I never thought they behaved like 1.8 sigma guns so it explains things a bit.

Sounds like [edited]

[N-W-T]
Members
1,368 posts
5,791 battles

I just got it.  Broke my all-time damage record in a random game first time I took her out. I'm a cruiser main who finds BB play kind of boring, but so far she's been fun. Only downside will be the CV infested games once the carrier rework comes out, as it has terrible AA. But I had to spend fxp on something, and so far it's been good for credits. 

• Cool 1

[OGRES]
Members
119 posts
2,665 battles
47 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

because Musashi prints credits and is a great captain exp earner 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,193 posts
5,726 battles
5 minutes ago, Hydrawlix said:

because Musashi prints credits and is a great captain exp earner 

It also gets a MM spread that allows it to be the only "tier 10" ship of that game.

[RLGN]
Members
10,098 posts
19,494 battles
58 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Because I don’t want Hotel Yamato, and I play my Mushi in Co-op anyway and don’t give a damn about carriers or using it in Randoms.

For me? Within the context of how I choose to play it?

Gud bote. Worth every fxp.

Because ‘42 config, and because bot programming hax and nose-in charging foolishness is next to meaningless when overmatch says otherwise.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SPCU]
Members
786 posts
5,018 battles
22 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Sounds like [edited]

What if i meant coop? /waggleeyebrows

Members
643 posts
3,727 battles
27 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

Sounds like [edited]

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
27 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I just got it.  Broke my all-time damage record in a random game first time I took her out. I'm a cruiser main who finds BB play kind of boring, but so far she's been fun. Only downside will be the CV infested games once the carrier rework comes out, as it has terrible AA. But I had to spend fxp on something, and so far it's been good for credits. 

It's a Tier X masquerading in Tier IX.  It's a wolf in sheep's clothing.  It's like some mother fitting clothes on their kid who has long grown out of it by a few years.

Most of the time Musashi expects to see Tier X.  But every now and then MM throws Tier IX's a bone and they just devour Tier VII-VIII.  Top Tier Missouri, Fletcher, etc. are already handfuls.  But then you got Musashi with Tier X BB Firepower, Tier X BB HP, Tier X BB Armor.  As long as you protect her issues and CVs aren't around, she's a bully.  Musashi firing at Colorado, Scharnhorst, Nelson, etc... It's kind of funny when you think about it.  The only time it gets more memeworthy is when Yamato and the rest of the Tier X gang feast on Tier VII ships like Scharnhorst that Fail Div their way into a Tier X game.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,410 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

zcncw98.png

The only concern I would have with Musashi is when the CV Rework goes Live.  I personally expect an uptick of CVs once that happens.  Whether it's players trying out CVs for the first time or veteran ones getting used to the new system, I expect more.  And as a Tier IX BB who's AA is about as worthless as a Tier VI BB's, and facing the likes of Midway and Hakuryu as well as prior tiers of more CVs, Musashi will have a bad, bad time.

Every single one of the other Battleships in Tier IX have a better AA suite than Musashi by a significant margin, especially if they do AA Spec.  Musashi's AA is so bad that even a heavy AA Spec investment isn't going to save her.

Outside the AA issue, she's very powerful.

Also keep in mind, Tech Tree Yamato exists in Tier X.  She also has access to a Legendary Upgrade which Musashi doesn't have access as a Tier IX ship.

Does AA matter anymore?

Honest question, as I haven't followed the changes closely, just the salt generated.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Does AA matter anymore?

Honest question, as I haven't followed the changes closely, just the salt generated.

Yes but not so much in Tier VIII-X / High Tier.  Tiers below that see quite a bit of CVs, actually.  But in High Tier, CVs get a lot rarer.  Tier IX-X CVs right now are so rare, you'd think they're extinct.  But when they do show up, all those Main Battery / Survival Builds on a Battleship become meaningless against air power.  But again, guys get away with this because CVs are so rare in High Tier.

When the CV Revamp goes through in early 2019?  Well, we'll see how people's precious "Survival" and "Main Battery" Battleship Builds help them "Survive" the revamped CV air attacks, especially when people are going to try out their revamped CVs.  Or new guys grinding their way up in the new system of CVs :Smile_glasses:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,618 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralHattori said:

If I put it in this perspective, she is probably the best IJN BB premium.

Kii's actually better. good accurate guns, good AA, torpedoes and if you got the gold camo it makes good income!:fish_book:

Mu's a close second though!

Members
643 posts
3,727 battles

Kii would be fine if the guns were tightened up a bit or if it had better concealment. I find Roma much more consistent than Kii.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,566 posts
10,447 battles

Musashi is a nerfed Yamato that has the ability to face T7 once in a while.

If you like Yamato then ask yourself if you want to spend coal for a second Yamato. For T9 it's a stong ship no doubt, but considering CV rework will come soon and you face T10 90% of the time you may be better off playing Yamato. But she can print so good credit and if you don't have perma camo for Yammy then go for Musashi.  

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,869 battles

Someday, I will be able to compare the credit earnings between Yamato and Musashi.  However, that day is not today.

Right now, Musashi is second only to Missouri in credit earnings for me.  However, she only leads the pack of followers.  She is not separate from the pack like Missouri.

I can't compare with Kii, so I cannot comment on that possibility.

I've been happy with her.