Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

20
[WNSTN]
Members
70 posts
4,358 battles

I didn't notice that it cost a player around 13 dollars to change there name. That rite there is outrageous honestly. Maybe I could see like 5 bucks or something like that but to change your name maybe because you made a mistake or for some other reasons. But does this company need money that bad they charge you 12.63 to change your in game name. I sent in a ticket and asked but you need to have a certain reason for your named to be changed I mean come on really. This price should be quite a bit less to be honest. Just some feedback for this section.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,968
[RLGN]
Members
10,029 posts
19,421 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Raw capitalism!  

Careful consideration of one’s handle is overrated?

If it really becomes an issue; 13$ would seem to be cheap; especially if you get to keep all your progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
524
[WDS]
Members
1,470 posts
8,213 battles

  Maybe its a pain because they have to keep all your stats intact . Either way 13 dollars is nothing to get your panties in a bunch .  

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,994
[SALVO]
Members
19,927 posts
19,892 battles
55 minutes ago, B_A_Problem said:

I didn't notice that it cost a player around 13 dollars to change there name. That rite there is outrageous honestly. Maybe I could see like 5 bucks or something like that but to change your name maybe because you made a mistake or for some other reasons. But does this company need money that bad they charge you 12.63 to change your in game name. I sent in a ticket and asked but you need to have a certain reason for your named to be changed I mean come on really. This price should be quite a bit less to be honest. Just some feedback for this section.

If the price is too high for your taste, then don't pay and keep your name.  This is a completely normal thing in this economy.  What are you, like, 8 years old?  Any adult should understand this basic concept.  If the price is too high for your taste, then don't buy the service.  If enough people don't pay for the service, and WG really wants to get revenue from their name changing service, they'll lower the cost.  If they don't care about name changing as a source of revenue, then they'll leave it as is.   Also, maybe WG would rather people didn't change names all that often, and thus set the price a bit on the high side so that the number of name changes ends up being small because most would refuse to pay their price.  

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

There once was a dude/friend of mine that has since disappeared that renamed himself so often it was hard to keep up.

Last I remembered he was Admiral_Kolchak and was also that general hux dude back when episode 7 came out and.. I've forgotten what else he named himself lol.

God knows who he is now or if he even plays anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,030
Members
4,723 posts
7,731 battles
53 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Careful consideration of one’s handle is overrated?

If it really becomes an issue; 13$ would seem to be cheap; especially if you get to keep all your progress.

I was in jest....:Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[WNSTN]
Members
70 posts
4,358 battles
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:30 PM, Crucis said:

If the price is too high for your taste, then don't pay and keep your name.  This is a completely normal thing in this economy.  What are you, like, 8 years old?  Any adult should understand this basic concept.  If the price is too high for your taste, then don't buy the service.  If enough people don't pay for the service, and WG really wants to get revenue from their name changing service, they'll lower the cost.  If they don't care about name changing as a source of revenue, then they'll leave it as is.   Also, maybe WG would rather people didn't change names all that often, and thus set the price a bit on the high side so that the number of name changes ends up being small because most would refuse to pay their price.  

Of course gotta love the people like this guy here. No this guy doesn't think about what people have gone threw or have been threw. Maybe I just lost my house to a fire and I play this game just to relax or maybe this was my kids and he just passed away from a severe accident? You ever think about that? Ya prolly not but your just one of them people that just opens there mouth before thinking of what other people have been threw or are going threw. Maybe money is tight because of one of these problems? If its not a concern to you I don't see you saying hey buddy heres the doubloons change the name and sorry you are having a tough time but happy holidays and god bless. But when a person has a concern and posts it maybe there is a reason for it and I myself should have known there was going to be a person or a few like you. But hey have a great X mass and good holidays hope you and your family is doing well and good luck with your life and im glade you don't have any money problems wish I was you, but im not anyways thanks for the great words of wisdom.:cap_like:

  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[WNSTN]
Members
70 posts
4,358 battles
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, clammboy said:

  Maybe its a pain because they have to keep all your stats intact . Either way 13 dollars is nothing to get your panties in a bunch .  

Of course gotta love the people like this guy here. No this guy doesn't think about what people have gone threw or have been threw. Maybe I just lost my house to a fire and I play this game just to relax or maybe this was my kids and he just passed away from a severe accident? You ever think about that? Ya prolly not but your just one of them people that just opens there mouth before thinking of what other people have been threw or are going threw. Maybe money is tight because of one of these problems? If its not a concern to you I don't see you saying hey buddy heres the doubloons change the name and sorry you are having a tough time but happy holidays and god bless. But when a person has a concern and posts it maybe there is a reason for it and I myself should have known there was going to be a person or a few like you. But hey have a great X mass and good holidays hope you and your family is doing well and good luck with your life and im glade you don't have any money problems wish I was you, but im not anyways thanks for the great words of wisdom.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,994
[SALVO]
Members
19,927 posts
19,892 battles
3 minutes ago, B_A_Problem said:

Of course gotta love the people like this guy here. No this guy doesn't think about what people have gone threw or have been threw. Maybe I just lost my house to a fire and I play this game just to relax or maybe this was my kids and he just passed away from a severe accident? You ever think about that? Ya prolly not but your just one of them people that just opens there mouth before thinking of what other people have been threw or are going threw. Maybe money is tight because of one of these problems? If its not a concern to you I don't see you saying hey buddy heres the doubloons change the name and sorry you are having a tough time but happy holidays and god bless. But when a person has a concern and posts it maybe there is a reason for it and I myself should have known there was going to be a person or a few like you. But hey have a great X mass and good holidays hope you and your family is doing well and good luck with your life and im glade you don't have any money problems wish I was you, but im not anyways thanks for the great words of wisdom.:cap_like:

It doesn't matter what you may be going through.  Do you think that some retailer is going to give you a break because you're having a hard time?   Your problems aren't WG's problems.  It's called personal responsibility.  Furthermore, if you just lost your house in a fire, I'd think that changing your handle in a game would be at the bottom of your list of things you need to spend money on.  Clothes, a new place to live, food, maybe new furniture, and so on.  And no, I'm not going to change how I think about things.  It's not my responsibility nor is it WG's responsibility to worry about your problems.  How do I know that you're telling the truth?  How would WG know?  If they start handing out "oh, woe is me" discounts, pretty soon there'd be a mile long line at their door looking for handouts.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,163
Members
2,914 posts
3,732 battles

If you just lost your house in a fire, or had a bereavement, there’s probably way better uses for your time and money than playing video games. Either way, nobody owes you a freebie just because your life sucks. That’s not how life works. Get over yourself, snowflake.

Edited by Harathan
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,994
[SALVO]
Members
19,927 posts
19,892 battles
1 minute ago, Harathan said:

If you just lost your house in a fire, or had a bereavement, there’s probably way better uses for your time and money than playing video games. Either way, nobody owes you a freebie just because your life sucks. That’s not how life works. Get over yourself, snowflake.

Harathan, the idea of a guy going through rough times playing a game doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is him asking for discounts from WG because of these rough times.  I went through some rough times a couple years back, and I didn't go crying to WG for free premium time or whatever.  I just sucked it up, played (without a premium account or spending any money on the game) when I could … at the public library no less, using their free Wi-Fi.  Or occasionally at other places that had free wi-fi.  I didn't expect anything from WG and didn't even ask, because it wouldn't have seemed right of me to ask WG.  My problems weren't their problems.  They were MY problems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,163
Members
2,914 posts
3,732 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Harathan, the idea of a guy going through rough times playing a game doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is him asking for discounts from WG because of these rough times.  I went through some rough times a couple years back, and I didn't go crying to WG for free premium time or whatever.  I just sucked it up, played (without a premium account or spending any money on the game) when I could … at the public library no less, using their free Wi-Fi.  Or occasionally at other places that had free wi-fi.  I didn't expect anything from WG and didn't even ask, because it wouldn't have seemed right of me to ask WG.  My problems weren't their problems.  They were MY problems.

 

We’re not disagreeing on any particular point.

Any one of us on the forum could be going thru anything at all in meatspace. None of us need to be bringing it to the WoWs forum for any reason, least of all to try blagging a freebie.

Edited by Harathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×