Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hatchetface_1

Why OTed so bad

3 comments in this topic

[BPP]
Members
102 posts
17,346 battles

Have 190 battles with the Bismarck. after the first 40 I wondered if it was consistently getting over tiered or if it was my imagination so I started a spread sheet. 150 battles is a pretty good sampling. 123 battles there were AT LEAST 9 tier 9s and 10s.  That's over 80%. Seems like MM hates that ship. Might not even be so bad but it's a match stick waiting to burn. Got screen shots where I counted fires for 6 straight battles. 38 fires. Geez what a bad joke.

[SALVO]
Members
20,008 posts
19,932 battles

A few points in response.

1.  The time of day you play matters somewhat.  It may be that more people play tier 10's during prime time night hours.  And maybe even more during the early morning hours, since those are likely hardcore players.

2.  If you're seeing a lot of tier 10 battles, something to remember about fire starting.  IIRC, it's more difficult for a tier 8 ship to start a fire on a tier 10 ship than a tier 10 ship starting a fire on a tier 8 ship, assuming that both firing ships happened to have the same fire starting chance.  So, if you're bottom tier a lot, that will mean that there are a lot of higher tier ships that have a particularly good chance of starting a fire on your Bismarck.  

3. It does help to run anti-fire captain skills, upgrade modules, and signal flags.

Also, I don't know how you play your Bismarck, but from my experience, BBs that try to push into the enemy too hard tend to get focused down hard by nearly every enemy ship, which means that they'll have a lot of HE spam heading your way, and a lot of fires being started.  I know that this can stink for German BBs which tend to like to move in closer, but it's just the way it is.  It doesn't really get any better if you're in a tier 10 GK.  A GK that tries to push into the enemy will also find itself heavily focused too.  And it can burn just as well as a Bismarck.

Sign in to follow this