You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Karma -1 REALLY!

44 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
42 posts
4,531 battles

Look.... I don't check my karma rating all that much unless I've done something cool...

I just happened to check it before a match. I got a Kraken, saved the matched, and got two -2 karma. Buttholes....

:)

I know it doesn't mean anything but come on!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
863 posts
13,278 battles

In a way, it's better than applause. Been there, brother. I consider it evidence that my (occasional) good play resulted in delicious salty tears from whomever felt the need to ding my karma. heh

:cap_haloween:

Respects,

Am

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
245 posts
4,051 battles

Sorry you're getting negatives for good play. I make sure to compliment awesome when I see it. Now if it would just rub off on me . Someday maybe! Err.. that didn't come out quite how I intended. Lol

Edited by Capn_Nugget

[WOLF6]
Members
872 posts
3,382 battles
15 minutes ago, Amracil said:

In a way, it's better than applause. Been there, brother. I consider it evidence that my (occasional) good play resulted in delicious salty tears from whomever felt the need to ding my karma. heh

:cap_haloween:

Respects,

Am

Hahahaha. It's so difficult sometimes to not smile when you know tears have been shed and you know you're responsible. I know its poor form but still....

Edited by Sumwunskum

[B2P]
Beta Testers
145 posts
8,213 battles

Well it's possible someone was salty or it could also be something you did wrong without realizing it. But it could also be a case of someone who believes you play incorrectly when you didn't (aka Captain Know-It-All). It's hard to say what the issue was unless you can provide a replay.

Besides that, it's one of the reasons why the report system is flawed as it doesn't provide you that feedback on why you received a strike, so your left guessing if the issue is valid or just another case of salty tears. Sadly, it's hardly ever used in a way to help improve others, just spite them in order for that other player to feel good about themselves.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,031 posts

There was time when a naive Captain placed value into his Karma points. He was proud of his accumulated Karma points, and was also happy to give them out when appropriate. 

During his sails, other Captains would downvote his actions (whether justified or not) and finally ending up with zero Karma points. His view on the Karma points changed. In inevitably altered by the actions of others on his precious Karma points, morale was jaded since...

Now, as a slightly more experienced Captain. He no longer holds any value other than giving them out to the players who deserved them. Barely using them for any infractions, as he knows by now it doesn't hold water. When he does receive them, it brings him back to the nostalgic times of the early Naval career in low tiers. He does appreciate them however, and deep in his sub-conscious tickles his beard in a funny way.

Members
22,302 posts
5,778 battles
24 minutes ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Sorry you're getting negatives for good play. 

Depends which team the givers are on. Could have been bad play from their perspective lol.

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles

Ah! Just shut down my client OP. AFAIK I'm the one reporting a BIER player this session. I just can't remember on what occasion. It's either to a CV player. I always report all CV players. That's my contribution to get rid of that abomination in this game. I'm here to duke it out with ships. I strongly recommend CV players to either go play C&C or world of warplanes and stop ruining at least 23 players' game. Either you're the lowest of the lowest in skill or the best of the best. In the other case I reported a BB in Estuary camping in it's spawn and shooting that 1 out of 1000 shots on my cruiser over/ through the mountains for 90% of my health. Ending up in the top 3 of his/ her team and actually thinking he/ she did do an excellent job. While in reality totally have been carried with his team doing a good job.

tl;dr: Tetris. It's an excellent game OP. I strongly recommend it to you to play and make a gazillion amount of players more happy.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,363 posts
11,821 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Ah! Just shut down my client OP. AFAIK I'm the one reporting a BIER player this session. I just can't remember on what occasion. It's either to a CV player. I always report all CV players. That's my contribution to get rid of that abomination in this game. I'm here to duke it out with ships. I strongly recommend CV players to either go play C&C or world of warplanes and stop ruining at least 23 players' game. Either you're the lowest of the lowest in skill or the best of the best. In the other case I reported a BB in Estuary camping in it's spawn and shooting that 1 out of 1000 shots on my cruiser over/ through the mountains for 90% of my health. Ending up in the top 3 of his/ her team and actually thinking he/ she did do an excellent job. While in reality totally have been carried with his team doing a good job.

tl;dr: Tetris. It's an excellent game OP. I strongly recommend it to you to play and make a gazillion amount of players more happy.

So you report CV players simply because they play a CV in a game you happen to be in?  What a great sport you must be.

[KSD]
Members
896 posts
5,279 battles
38 minutes ago, Mister_Tanman said:

Look.... I don't check my karma rating all that much unless I've done something cool...

I just happened to check it before a match. I got a Kraken, saved the matched, and got two -2 karma. Buttholes....

Been there mate. got reported just for being a pain in the butt for the enemy team, I was literally hunting down their DDs (who for some reason decided to all go to a single flank, and when they died no spotting). got reported for getting krakens, too many fire starting salvos and  crap like that. no wonder my karma is 0

[VOC]
Members
83 posts
64 battles
Just now, mohawkdriver said:

So you report CV players simply because they play a CV in a game you happen to be in?  What a great sport you must be.

Yep. Nothing personal. CV are the most *horrible disease* IMO in this game. In 99% of the cases a CV match is decided from the start IMO. From my POV there is a 0,5% WR gap. Every CV outside that gap will decide the outcome of a match in said 99% of the cases. The "bad" side (no matter how purple/ red both CV are) will lose. An excellent normal team cannot carry a horrible CV player. An excellent CV player however can easily carry a horrible normal team. If a ship class is so utterly broken OP it should be gone IMO.

I clearly state the 99% of the cases. This session I played a double air *c* in my disadvantage: talking about at least 20% WR in my team's disadvantage and a CV player who had a very excellent self insight when he/ she (a.s.o.) spammed "I need help" when he charged in with his ship on a very hot spot. I was inclined to complement him/ her for that thoroughly insight.... I mean he replied that nice "negative" when he was warned not to stray to the front lines. This was that 1% exception matches in which my team had excellent insight in map control and somehow managed to box in the red teams' otherwise well playing CV. Our other CV did a good job as well so in this 1% exception I only reported our clown.

tl;dr. CV: please get out of here and play a game you do like. Make it a win-win scenario.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,988 posts
2,738 battles

Enemy team probably wasn't happy about being wrecked, or your own team was mad because you stole all the kills. Doesn't matter. I don't even know what mine is right now.

Members
1,201 posts
3,156 battles

If someone complains about me because I took the win away from their team...

Good. Keep doing that. It makes me happy.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

my karma is always 0 because everyone is jealous of me.

• Boring 1

[FML]
Members
2,458 posts
11,856 battles
2 hours ago, Mister_Tanman said:

Strange. I’ve been accumulating Karma primarily by forcing my team to win when they insisted on losing. Just passed 500 a couple of weeks ago. 

You weren’t bragging when you killed people, I trust? No one likes a show off.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,339 posts
5,389 battles

Don't worry about it. Karma is completely worthless and should be removed.

There are many stats one could worry about. Win rate, average damage, survival averages, etc. Karma is not one if these.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,532 posts
9,474 battles

I dunno, I like watching my karma go up.   It means I've been behaving in chat.  Makes me less toxic.

Admittedly, "less" covers a lotta ground.

• Cool 1

Members
339 posts
10,814 battles
55 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Don't worry about it. Karma is completely worthless and should be removed

its NoT worthless! see, the more karma you get, your limit goes up, so you can give more karma,,,so, yah...

Seriously, if you want more karma, then ask for it when you have a good match. most people dont think about it otherwise...

Members
790 posts
3,607 battles

I neg rep for the following : 

• Throwing the game on a clear win condition
  • A Cv player
  • A Cv Player below 60%
  • A Cv Player Above 70%
  • friendly fire
  • Below 55% BB players
  • below 55% cruiser players
  • Below 60% DD players
  • If any tier 10/9/8 ends up on the bottom 3 of the score board
  • Sub tier 8 players
  • Storm and below Clans
  • Conkek players
  • Detonations 
  • Anime Names
  • Anime References 
  • Non Japanese players (everyone so far but myself) 
  • Weebs
  • LittleWhiteMouse (due to anime) 
  • Rotating Radar divs
  • WGA's 
  • Notser for his completely likable attitude that makes me puke for some reason
Edited by French_DD_Hype
  • Funny 3

[1IF]
Members
100 posts
3,325 battles
3 minutes ago, French_DD_Hype said:

I neg rep for the following : 

• Throwing the game on a clear win condition
  • A Cv player
  • friendly fire
  • Below 55% BB players
  • below 55% cruiser players
  • Below 60% DD players
  • If any tier 10/9/8 ends up on the bottom 3 of the score board
  • Sub tier 8 players
  • Storm and below Clans
  • Conkek players
  • Detonations 

So, you run out of reports after one match?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
790 posts
3,607 battles
1 minute ago, Z0RAK said:

So, you run out of reports after one match?

I have 30 to give, so takes about 2-3

note: Since i cant -1 you in game, i thumbs down in the forum for anime avatar. 

Edited by French_DD_Hype
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1