You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
1,032 posts

Hello all Captains,

I wonder if this idea have been visited previously by someone else or discussed in passing. However, I've had an eureka moment few days ago and though I'd share with the community.

Just maybe the WG staff will take notice or implement them in the future, should they like the idea of course.

(let's please not discuss the pros vs cons,  usage of Radar itself in-game, this is not the thread for it)

We have from secondary modules, AAA guns that get destroyed by shells damage; but not any other ship parts (Radar, Hydro, etc) However, the main usage of the "Damage Control Party I/II" consumable is limited to fire & flood damage as it is currently used.

Why not allow these consumables to effectively repair the Radar (or hydro) on the ships once they are hit by the shells? in another words, introduce an area on a ship (which has Radar) to be 'hit' then to be repaired by using the "Damage Control Party I/II" (DCP).

i.e. A shell hits Des Moines conning tower (again, as an example), thereby disabling its Radar consumable temporarily. The Radar consumable will be down until the cool down counter is complete, or the player activates the Damage Control Party I/II. Much like we do now with fire & flooding damage.

This would make the abundance of Radar in higher tiers to be somewhat mitigated without driving a hard wedge into what is already designed into the game. It would give the players the chance to intentionally temporarily disable the ship that has radar. Allowing more tactical play/option for players.  Conversely, the ship with radar would be more careful in implementation of it's radar asset or be suggested to play more wisely, tactically, or just go ham with it in fear of having it down temporarily.

For the WG team, I would imagine it would take some work to add this into the game (should they take the idea on-board). But I think having the already used DCP to include the radar damage system would be a somewhat a feasible option?

As a sidenote, the conning tower on ships. Besides taking damage, I believe it has no other uses in-game. Why not double the usage of that section to include the above mentioned idea.

I hope what I wrote makes sense, if not I can attempt to explain further.

What are your thoughts gents?

Edited by LowSpeed_US
  • Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,625 posts
8,765 battles

Well, then, consumables for other classes, such as hydro, smoke, torpedo reload boosters, main battery reload boosters, etc., ought to suffer the same bullsh errr, benefit from similar improvements.

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,252 battles

It is a interesting idea.

How to implement it will be tricky and need to be careful.

Some of these consumables make a ship or even a ship line unique, strip away them even temporarily may not be ideal.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,569 posts
10,456 battles
2 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, then, consumables for other classes, such as hydro, smoke, torpedo reload boosters, main battery reload boosters, etc., ought to suffer the same bullsh errr, benefit from similar improvements.

MBRB and TRB are already affected by this.

Use them when your guns / torps tubes are knocked out you won't get any benefit from it.

That proposition reminds me of another suggestion someone made regarding radar. If you're radar, shoot the coning tower and tada, radar disabled. That would be a bit too easy to counter radar ship.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
465 posts
5,294 battles
18 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

MBRB and TRB are already affected by this.

Use them when your guns / torps tubes are knocked out you won't get any benefit from it.

That proposition reminds me of another suggestion someone made regarding radar. If you're radar, shoot the coning tower and tada, radar disabled. That would be a bit too easy to counter radar ship.

Because it's really easy to intentionally hit a small spot on a maneuvering enemy ship when simultaneously under fire by the entire Red team.

I didn't even have to add any snarkiness to my comment.