You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fafnir_6

PEF Campaign: WG, please remove the nation-specific requirement for the 4th directive...it SUCKS!

54 comments in this topic

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles

Hello,

I was excited and happy to see the announcement today of the "In the Name of His Highness" campaign here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/prinz-eitel-friedrich/ .  These campaigns have been a ton of fun in the past and the Prinz Eitel Friedrich looks like a great ship.  I generally have no problem putting in the work to complete these campaigns and the intermediate rewards are worthwhile.  That quickly changed to anger and an concern when I saw this detail concerning the 4th directive: "The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only"This really sucks.  I run a single nation port and I know many other people likely lack the minimum tier V+ ships of 6 different nations.   I don't appreciate being forced to grind down lines I have no interest in and I also feel this would punish new players who lack the required number of tier V ships to complete the tasks.  I respectfully request that Wargaming remove the nation-specific requirements for this campaign for these reasons.  I didn't take part in the Duke of York campaign for the same reason (despite the sexy Scharnhorst skin they had in it). I likely won't take part in this either, if the nation-specific stuff stays in. I have plenty of other games to play over the holiday season.

I should also note that World of Tanks went the nation-specific route for their Second Campaign of personal missions, which has widely been panned as a failure by players and community contributors alike.  The nation-specific requirements of those personal missions was quoted as one of the main reasons that campaign failed.

In any case, I'd appreciate it if someone from WG would weigh in on this. 

Thank you,

Fafnir_6

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 8

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,076 battles

I would not worry about that. You are getting a tier 6 ships from each directive and they are from different nations so.... I think it should work out just fine for you.

Edit: The above will only work if you buy the PEF. If you do that then you will earn 5 tier 6 ships from different nations should make the final phase of "In the name of his highness" a no big deal and you will not have to grind anything.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

Hello,

I was excited and happy to see the announcement today of the "In the Name of His Highness" campaign here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/prinz-eitel-friedrich/ .  These campaigns have been a ton of fun in the past and the Prinz Eitel Friedrich looks like a great ship.  I generally have no problem putting in the work to complete these campaigns and the intermediate rewards are worthwhile.  That quickly changed to anger and an concern when I saw this detail concerning the 4th directive: "The final Directive is comprised of 11 combat missions, each to be completed with ships of a specified nationality only"This really sucks.  I run a single nation port and I know many other people likely lack the minimum tier V+ ships of 6 different nations.   I don't appreciate being forced to grind down lines I have no interest in and I also feel this would punish new players who lack the required number of tier V ships to complete the tasks.  I respectfully request that Wargaming remove the nation-specific requirements for this campaign for these reasons.  I didn't take part in the Duke of York campaign for the same reason (despite the sexy Scharnhorst skin they had in it). I likely won't take part in this either, if the nation-specific stuff stays in. I have plenty of other games to play over the holiday season.

I should also note that World of Tanks went the nation-specific route for their Second Campaign of personal missions, which has widely been panned as a failure by players and community contributors alike.  The nation-specific requirements of those personal missions was quoted as one of the main reasons that campaign failed.

In any case, I'd appreciate it if someone from WG would weigh in on this. 

Thank you,

Fafnir_6

You likely only need to complete 6 of the 11 Missions to complete Directive IV. We will have to see how many are for specific nations and which ones they are.

[TF-62]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,496 posts
4,145 battles
4 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

I run a single nation port

Thats like going to a world-famous burger restaurant and ordering the lettuce. Variety is the spice of life, friend. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

I would not worry about that. You are getting a tier 6 ships from each directive and they are from different nations so.... I think it should work out just fine for you.

The Tier 6 ships are from the Mighty Prinz campaign and you have to have PEF to start that campaign. In the Name of His Highness only gives the PEF and 2,000 steel (500 per Directive most likely).

[5D5]
Members
2,672 posts
16,086 battles

So to sum up your wall of text - Give me what I want or I go play other games. Sucks to be you with that attitude.

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,135 posts
6,627 battles
6 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

I run a single nation port

No. You've made that bed; you lie in it.

Diversification is the key to this game. I learned that lesson in the North Cape campaign a year ago. You're about to learn it now, the hard way.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,076 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Tier 6 ships are from the Mighty Prinz campaign and you have to have PEF to start that campaign. In the Name of His Highness only gives the PEF and 2,000 steel (500 per Directive most likely).

Yes true. I guess my point is only relevant if you were to buy the PEF. 

I will edit.

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

That is from the "Mighty Prinz" campaign, which you need the PEF to unlock!  It doens' help you in getting the PEF from the campaign in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

Thats like going to a world-famous burger restaurant and ordering the lettuce. Variety is the spice of life, friend. 

Sure.  But I should be allowed to choose which lines I want to go down, and not be forced to do it.  Obviously I have no issue with people wanting to go down many lines.  That is their prerogative.

Fafnir_6

[ARGSY]
Members
10,135 posts
6,627 battles
Just now, Fafnir_6 said:

But I should be allowed to choose which lines I want to go down, and not be forced to do it.

You have the right to choose, but you also have the obligation to suffer the consequences of your choices.

• Cool 10

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

So to sum up your wall of text - Give me what I want or I go play other games. Sucks to be you with that attitude.

Actually, I have a pretty decent attitude towards this game and have been tolerant of its many little imperfections. I really don't appreciate this restriction though.

Fafnir_6

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,076 battles
Just now, Fafnir_6 said:

That is from the "Mighty Prinz" campaign, which you need the PEF to unlock!  It doens' help you in getting the PEF from the campaign in the first place.

Yes you are correct. You could still do this without grinding other tech trees if you buy the PEF and then earn the ships I mentioned. I would think the PEF by itself with out the campaign bundle will be fairly cheap. 

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You have the right to choose, but you also have the obligation to suffer the consequences of your choices.

Indeed.  I also have the right to request changes from WG , as anyone here does.  This is a sh*tty, arbitrary requirement that doesn't need to be there.

Fafnir_6

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,330 posts
5,376 battles

Where can I find a list of these missions which supposedly require specific nation tier 5+?

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes you are correct. You could still do this without grinding other tech trees if you buy the PEF and then earn the ships I mentioned. I would think the PEF by itself with out the campaign bundle will be fairly cheap. 

@Fafnir_6  the PEF by itself in the shop should be in the $31-$35 range as a SWAG based on other T6 BBs.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,076 battles
3 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

Indeed.  I also have the right to request changes from WG , as anyone here does.  This is a sh*tty, arbitrary requirement that doesn't need to be there.

Fafnir_6

There is a work around if you are willing to buy the PEF

• Cool 1

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Heh.  Yeah...it figures that'$ the out from WG.  I was so looking forward to this campaign ever since the details started emerging from the PTS. I really wish they'd stop ths.  I'm pissed at WG right now.  We'll see if I change my mind and give them some cash to encourage their sh*tty decision here.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

Where can I find a list of these missions which supposedly require specific nation tier 5+?

This is the main thread I am updating for the 7.12 events, campaigns and missions.

More to follow tonight, tomorrow, Wed and Thu.

Members
1,512 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, Fafnir_6 said:

Fafnir_6

I do not think it is unreasonable from Wargamings standpoint. You CHOSE to play one nation exclusively, it is not Wargamings responsibility to cater to your play style. Now every time I sail the Prinz Eitel Friedrich I will pour a little beer on the ground for my homie who couldn't get one!!!!!!!

• Cool 3

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I do not think it is unreasonable from Wargamings standpoint. You CHOSE to play one nation exclusively, it is not Wargamings responsibility to cater to your play style. Now every time I sail the Prinz Eitel Friedrich I will pour a little beer on the ground for my homie who couldn't get one!!!!!!!

Cheers mate!

Fafnir_6

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,076 battles
4 minutes ago, Fafnir_6 said:

Heh.  Yeah...it figures that'$ the out from WG.  I was so looking forward to this campaign ever since the details started emerging from the PTS. I really wish they'd stop ths.  I'm pissed at WG right now.  We'll see if I change my mind and give them some cash to encourage their sh*tty decision here.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

OK understandable not all tasks are doable by all players.

Having said that we are bit premature we do no even know what these missions are. You will not have to do all of them to complete the directive. It may be possible that a single Nation port can do it.

If it is real important for you do finish this then you have a couple of paths to doing it. If you do not feel that it is worth it so be it.

For me I never completed any high tier CV missions because I was not willing to grind that far up in CV's. I do not think ill of WG because of my decision. 

Cheers.

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
Just now, paradat said:

OK understandable not all tasks are doable by all players.

Having said that we a bit premature we do no even know what these missions are. You will not have to do all of them to complete the directive. It may be possible that a single Nation port can do it.

If it is real important for you do finish this then you have a couple of paths to doing it. If you do not feel that it is worth it so be it.

For me I never completed any high tier CV missions because I was not willing to grind that far up in CV's. I do not think ill of WG because of my decision. 

Cheers.

Indeed.  I'll be keeping a close eye on Kizarvexis' news thread.

Fafnir_6

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,135 posts
6,627 battles
8 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

In the most recent PTS final stage, the various nations required a 100K credit grind with a T5 or better ship. I think you had to do it for about six of them, and the Shinonome they loaned you in the early part of the PTS campaign could be used to stand in for the nations that don't have tech tree ships in the game (e.g. Poland, Italy, Pan-South-America). That was a watered down version to test the structure of the campaign.

No doubt the live server will require at least 1 million credits instead of 100K, or it would be too easy.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[KARP]
Members
16 posts
1,368 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In the most recent PTS final stage, the various nations required a 100K credit grind with a T5 or better ship. I think you had to do it for about six of them, and the Shinonome they loaned you in the early part of the PTS campaign could be used to stand in for the nations that don't have tech tree ships in the game (e.g. Poland, Italy, Pan-South-America). That was a watered down version to test the structure of the campaign.

No doubt the live server will require at least 1 million credits instead of 100K, or it would be too easy.

Good to know.  Thanks.

Fafnir_6

[ARGSY]
Members
10,135 posts
6,627 battles
1 minute ago, Fafnir_6 said:

Good to know.  Thanks.

Fafnir_6

It's good to know, but it doesn't solve your problem.

My lack of suitable ships kept me from winning North Cape at the level of skill I then had. Don't let something like this stand in your way again. For your own sake, I advise you to diversify.