You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ToddMic

Gifting is Broken?

5 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,027 battles

Hey gang - it seems like WoW needs to fix some things.  It will not allow me to purchase ships, crates, or doubloons as a gift with standard payment methods for my buddy who didn't download this game in Steam.  Tried it both through the in-game shop and online... with Chrome, IE, and Firefox.  Still grayed out...

It's like when Steam wouldn't allow you to buy digital gift cards.  Maybe they need business people running this instead of computer people? So crazy! I bought a $100 Amazon gift card instead because I wasn't going to jump though anymore hoops.   I want to support the game but you have to at least allow me to do so.

Anyone else have this problem?

1066489582_Wowpurchase.thumb.jpg.997cca2ec58e4a2e71745b540bf01f8e.jpg

Edited by ToddMic
  • Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
745 posts
6,755 battles

Try it again and put in my name ..so if that works.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, ToddMic said:

Hey gang - it seems like WoW needs to fix some things.  It will not allow me to purchase ships, crates, or doubloons as a gift with standard payment methods for my buddy who didn't download this game in Steam.  Tried it both through the in-game shop and online... with Chrome, IE, and Firefox.  Still grayed out...

It's like when Steam wouldn't allow you to buy digital gift cards.  Maybe they need business people running this instead of computer people? So crazy! I bought a $100 Amazon gift card instead because I wasn't going to jump though anymore hoops.   I want to support the game but you have to at least allow me to do so.

Anyone else have this problem?

1066489582_Wowpurchase.thumb.jpg.997cca2ec58e4a2e71745b540bf01f8e.jpg

If he has not registered his account, you will not be able to buy gifts for him. I had that happen to me last year. Once he registers his account, you will be able to buy him gifts. See the troubleshooting section as I registered when I first started. 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,530 battles

Having same issue but with people I have sent gifts to before. 

*It works now. Maybe they fixed it?

Edited by HashtagYoloSwagChamp