Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Mission Debrief Monday - Weekend Aftermath

26 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,247 posts
7,097 battles

640px-USS_Aaron_Ward_%28DM-34%29_damaged

*pictured - USS Aaron Ward (DM-34) after being hit by a kamikaze aircraft off Okinawa on 5/5/1945*

Which ships did you take to battle this weekend and how did they perform in combat?

From Random, Clan, Coop, Scenarios, or Twilight Battles, there was no shortage of matches to jump into over the weekend.

Whether you used destroyers, cruisers, battleships, or aircraft carriers, we tasted either the bitterness of defeat or drank from the cup of victory.

It's Monday and its time to debrief from the weekend combat sorties - how did you fare and which ships were sortied?

"It is easier to apologize than to get permission." - Grace Hopper, US Navy

#missiondebriefmonday

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
11,087 battles

Spent most of this weekend in prem boats. I blew a huge pile of credits and free xp to prepare for the snowflake event. So needed to restock.

• Cool 1

[SPICY]
Beta Testers
18,925 posts
3,877 battles

Nolifed hard in "Boatnite", Twilight Battles, so I could get Jean Bart. 1,885 fires, boys! Jean Bart here I come!

Met a lot of other good contesters for Jean who were working for other categories. Hope to see them in first place.

• Cool 1

[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
156 posts
7,903 battles

Played the Budyonny in randoms with 12 pt captain...2 of 10......non penning on 60% of hits with HE.....as a result giving up CE for IFHE and gonna try to do a better job of hitting the superstructure instead of the sides.... love the ship...the operator needs work lol

Played Gearing in CB and finally got the legendary in my last battle......we are struggling to stay in Gale league...but havin a good time.  Also finally got my 19 pt Captains for Zao and Hindy from clan battles in last week.

Overall rough weekend for W/R but still enjoyed the challenge....I guess it is what keeps potatoes comin back!

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Saturday I was driving a variety of botes but Sunday I spent the day getting familiar with Kronschtadt, which I got in a Christmas container. I had a lotta fun with Kron once I got the hang of how best to fight her, which is the same way I fight Henri IV; Intermediate to long range.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
739 posts
6,742 battles
38 minutes ago, StrixKitty said:

Nolifed hard in "Boatnite", Twilight Battles, so I could get Jean Bart. 1,885 fires, boys! Jean Bart here I come!

Met a lot of other good contesters for Jean who were working for other categories. Hope to see them in first place.

Good luck to you, but unfortunately the contest is so easily rigged, the winners will probably have 15000 fired.  I really hope they review the scores per match to identify things like this.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

Major players:

1) Emile Bertin - I think this is going to be another one of those cursed ships I simply don't do well in. I would be very pleased to find myself being wrong.

2) Baltimore. A god in Cherry Blossom; a victim in Tier X-heavy Randoms. 

3) Leviathan in Boatnite - oh God, that zero-dispersion consumable. Is that the same thing Yubari gets, or is it even better? You could mine Dev Strikes with that thing all day long, which is probably why we didn't get achievements in Boatnite mode. Would like to see this redone with normal ships somehow, including the toxic outer rim (minefield?). Some of those consumables were stupidly OP, even in the Halloween context.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

My flu shot gave me a mild case of the flu for a couple days. Whee.

Better 2018 vaccine reaction than 1918 wild-type outcome.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
863 posts
13,281 battles

Played my high-tier DDs a lot over the weekend. Had the good fortune to be on some solid teams and was able to contribute and do my part. Was a good weekend all around.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,900 posts

Same as always:  Coop and a just few randoms with what's left of our clan in the evenings.  4 ships: Yammy, Akizuki, Leningrad, and the Fabuki.  Don't need any others?  Spent a lot of time in MWO and other games........WoWs doesn't have anything going on event wise so..........rather than be bored to death......other games....

Sorry OP, just not a lot to keep us in WoWs at the moment.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,304 posts
3,259 battles
14 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sadly, I didn't play this weekend. My flu shot gave me a mild case of the flu for a couple days. Whee.

Got my 1st one a couple of weeks after swearing them off for years....... Yup, of course got sick immediately for a couple of days as well.    

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts

Rammed a smoked Gearing with my Udaloi and SURVIVED !!!... The guy was HE spamming far off and didn't see me. Got the medal. I thought that was rather humorous.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles
28 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Got my 1st one a couple of weeks after swearing them off for years....... Yup, of course got sick immediately for a couple of days as well.    

Yeah, it happens every few years. it is what it it is. It's better than having the full blown flu for weeks.

[SPICY]
Beta Testers
18,925 posts
3,877 battles
48 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Good luck to you, but unfortunately the contest is so easily rigged, the winners will probably have 15000 fired.  I really hope they review the scores per match to identify things like this.

I played all day saturday and sunday and saw no superdivs or cross-clan interactions. Doesn't mean it can't have happened, just...I didn't note it.

I hope not. I spent so much time and effort, and if I get a crate iut of it I will be immensely disappointed.

• Cool 1

Members
1,801 posts
9,372 battles

Below avg performance wise. But still had fun.

I completed the North Carolina, Buffalo, Hipper, Chappy, Charles Martel, and the Edin grinds. Bought the Saint Louis, because I like the playstyle of the FN cruisers and the Roon because I perform the best in the KM cruisers. Got the Iowa just cause, its the last of my BB tech tree (minus the Yammy, which at the Izumo).

Started playing my DDs again as well. I really like the Cossack, way more than I imagined I would.

Now deciding if I should get the Dom and Neptune so I can work on the 4 cruiser lines simultaneously, like I did from T5-T8. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
77 posts

I hope you don't mind, but I've got a  fairly different view of the weekend. It was my first ever in WoWS. After playing WoT a bit a few years ago I can't say I have been that thrilled with gaming in recent years. Then on a lark I grabbed WoWS and wow what a blast. I couldn't stop playing. Buying Mods, upgrading ships, trying just about everything in the first few tiers. Well, not nearly everything, but I did a lot of shooting on little tiny decks.

So, glad to have found this little gem. I know I could hardly miss it in the gaming media, but frankly, there are too many games out there all screaming PLAY ME. Especially this time of year.

Guess I'm here for a while now.

Sorry for crashing the party.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles

Played a lot of CV battles over the weekend, because it’s the weekend and of course because of the upcoming rework offering Free XP and credit compensation for CVs... ( Lol if I am losing my CV playstyle, the Free XP, Credits, and Captains can be put to alternative use. After all rumor is Submarines will be in Randoms in 2019. Perfect replacement for my CVs as weekend weapons.)

Did also play some Twilight and few other ships in Random battles as well. And of course Clan Battles during Clan Battle time.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,247 posts
7,097 battles
20 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Same as always:  Coop and a just few randoms with what's left of our clan in the evenings.  4 ships: Yammy, Akizuki, Leningrad, and the Fabuki.  Don't need any others?  Spent a lot of time in MWO and other games........WoWs doesn't have anything going on event wise so..........rather than be bored to death......other games....

Sorry OP, just not a lot to keep us in WoWs at the moment.

You weren't missing much. I took Neptune and Tirpitz out mostly this weekend. 

It was painful and the results were much like the picture in the OP.

#anchorsaweigh

[TDRB]
Members
2,500 posts
7,240 battles
21 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sadly, I didn't play this weekend. My flu shot gave me a mild case of the flu for a couple days. Whee.

I do hope you are feeling better. Been there, done that and it isn't fun.

Being over 65 I got a heavier dose this year. I was afraid I would have a mild case for a few days but I did not.

[TDRB]
Members
2,500 posts
7,240 battles

I played all my T6 & T7 ships plus my 2 T8 cruisers in Cherry Blossom daily. Being retired I have all day to play if I wish. Living in South Dakota it gets a little cool to play outside this time of year. Although the last few days have been very nice. I smoked a pork loin for our church's Christmas dinner. Yes, it was very good.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,900 posts
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

You weren't missing much. I took Neptune and Tirpitz out mostly this weekend. 

It was painful and the results were much like the picture in the OP.

#anchorsaweigh

Yeah.  We normally start at Tier 5 and if we win, go up one tier till 9.  Most of our clan (all three of us now !) don't have Tier 10 ships or 19 pt CPT's....  I do and I'm the new guy here less than a year.......  Well, needless to say we never got to tier 9 this weekend because we got stuck in Tier 10 matches at tier 8 and our "random team" ended up looking like your picture 6 times and, we called "no joy" and read a book.   Heck, even MWO was just "dead".......the book was more exciting anyway !    I do hope WG get's ambitious during the xmas break cause we're running out of games to play (several have self-destructed) as a team at the moment.....now that FO76 was a HUGE bust and uninstalled....    sigh.

Get bored send me a PM of when and wander over......we are simple, almost normal players with no aspirations of greatness.......

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
8,017 posts
8,371 battles
59 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I do hope you are feeling better. Been there, done that and it isn't fun.

Being over 65 I got a heavier dose this year. I was afraid I would have a mild case for a few days but I did not.

I'm good now, was a bit drained last night, but it appears to have fully passed now, thank you.

Sign in to follow this