Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Pan Asian Unique Commanders (Dev Blog)

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,440
[HYDRO]
Members
2,794 posts
4,571 battles

 

ST. Unique commanders.

Pan-Asia unique commanders Dà Róng and Quán Róng have been added to the game. They will have the following improved skills:

Demolition Expert
The chance of fire on a target +3% (instead of 2%)

Survivability Expert
+400 HP for each ship tier (instead of +350)

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Don't like the unique DE one bit to be honest.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,926
[-K-]
Members
6,096 posts
10,230 battles

Well, they'll be a good addition to high tier PA DDs.  

Back-handed buff to YueYang, perhaps?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,922
[ARGSY]
Members
10,146 posts
6,627 battles

Vietnamese names, by the look of it? Will be interested to see how we get them. Arsenal would be just fine; must start saving for that extra little margin after I pick up Salem.

It certainly does enough to deflect the criticism that all the PA commanders up till now have been Chinese, although it's rather amusing given that there are no Vietnamese ships in the game ATM (hint of something to come?).

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,461
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,507 posts
11,584 battles

anyone think they'll add that one korean admiral? (I forget his name) who defeated the Japanese in a decicive battle with 7 vs 200 ships?:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851
[R-F]
Members
1,179 posts
7,789 battles
51 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Back-handed buff to YueYang, perhaps?

"Sorry we over-nerfed the YY, have a couple little bonuses back.  Also you'll need a million captain xp to activate them, that's cool, right?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
446
[NGA]
Members
1,667 posts
9,074 battles
3 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

anyone think they'll add that one korean admiral? (I forget his name) who defeated the Japanese in a decicive battle with 7 vs 200 ships?:cap_hmm:

Yi Sun Shin. Probably the greatest naval commander to have ever lived.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,461
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,507 posts
11,584 battles
1 minute ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Yi Sun Shin. Probably the greatest naval commander to have ever lived.

yes Thank you!:Smile_great:

 

 I always forget his name. despite his importance.:fish_palm: I loved the extra credit series they did on him. I'll post they first video below.:fish_aqua:

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TAW]
Members
86 posts
13,019 battles

SE is fine, but DE?  The line has decent guns but they are primarily torp boats not gun boats.  Adrenaline Rush buff like on the French special captain would be better or a TAE buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,936 posts
10,762 battles

Great choice for the uniform

image.png.985cf0c1c84271ae9368aa85c06a1a3e.png

 

EDIT: The commanders are dressed in Qing dynasty's official dress. None of the PA ships was ever in Qing services. And the modern Chinese only associate the dress with zombies.

Edited by chewonit
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

Thai crew member when (they were available on ASIA cluster but players needed to put forward a request for them)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,186
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,638 posts
6 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

 

ST. Unique commanders.

Pan-Asia unique commanders Dà Róng and Quán Róng have been added to the game. They will have the following improved skills:

Demolition Expert
The chance of fire on a target +3% (instead of 2%)

Survivability Expert
+400 HP for each ship tier (instead of +350)

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Don't like the unique DE one bit to be honest.

So Pan Asian  and all the other lines get at least Two Unique Commanders and IJN (One of the Oldest Lines)  gets only one why would that be pray tell?:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
294
Members
1,123 posts
7,779 battles
9 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Are these captains wearing actual naval or military uniforms?

They look similar to 19th century Qing dynasty uniforms but I'm no expert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
211 posts
4,869 battles
6 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Yi Sun Shin. Probably the greatest naval commander to have ever lived.

Shoulda have advanced fire boat acceleration , the fire boats are effectively man guided torpedoes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
446
[NGA]
Members
1,667 posts
9,074 battles
6 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

SE is fine, but DE?  The line has decent guns but they are primarily torp boats not gun boats.  Adrenaline Rush buff like on the French special captain would be better or a TAE buff.

Eh, I'd say it could work with the Gadjah Mada which has a base 8% fire chance. And don't forget we have that new Pan-Asian cruiser the Irian coming out (and currently looking very F I N E).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,440
[HYDRO]
Members
2,794 posts
4,571 battles
16 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Eh, I'd say it could work with the Gadjah Mada which has a base 8% fire chance. And don't forget we have that new Pan-Asian cruiser the Irian coming out (and currently looking very F I N E).

With that Commander you can go for DE on Huanghe, get your fire chance without IFHE at 15% or 16% with the flags. That can get quite memey as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[WOLF9]
Members
781 posts
5,782 battles
6 hours ago, Beauregard23 said:

SE is fine, but DE?  The line has decent guns but they are primarily torp boats not gun boats.  Adrenaline Rush buff like on the French special captain would be better or a TAE buff.

Because we need more fire starters in game?

Also for PA Commander:

 

LO_PAN.jpg.071a4624465f0c2b9aa558751197dba3.jpg

MOAR_FIRES.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,043
[NG-NL]
Members
5,705 posts
9,439 battles

1% more to DE is laughable. 4% would be better--but have to wonder if this is WG worrying about Chung Mu and the t10 one spamming HE.

CE would've been better. 5% more concealment. Or TAE giving 15% reduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,446
[SYN]
Members
15,265 posts
11,955 battles
10 minutes ago, Reymu said:

1% more to DE is laughable. 4% would be better--but have to wonder if this is WG worrying about Chung Mu and the t10 one spamming HE.

CE would've been better. 5% more concealment. Or TAE giving 15% reduction.

as if +400HP/tier from SE wasn't enough, 5% more concealment over standard would be incredibly broken

At that point, you should change the specs on individual ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[TAW]
Members
86 posts
13,019 battles
17 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

as if +400HP/tier from SE wasn't enough, 5% more concealment over standard would be incredibly broken

At that point, you should change the specs on individual ships

it's not an extra 400, it's only an extra 50 from what everyone normally gets from the skill.  that would be a whole 350 extra hp on a gadja, not exactly earth shattering.  and why would it be broken if a dd gets extra concealment but okay for bbs and heavy cas to get to move their turrets faster with enhanced expert marksman?

Edited by Beauregard23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×