You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Time to buff Tirpitz B?

34 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,392 posts
7,684 battles

Why do the Tirpitz B stats stink so bad? Usually new ships have good stats because better players have at them first for a while (which is reflected in the other 3 black variants). Also, it looks like barely anyone bought the Vanguard.

Why not give Tirpitz a slight sigma buff?  Won't make it OP, it'll bridge the power creep gap a little bit and bring it's damage up to an average level.

image.thumb.png.e00b61514ea4a513643075bccc2cc2b0.png

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 3

[MLPVA]
Members
236 posts
3,281 battles

Frankly, I wouldn't mind a small dispersion buff to all of the German battleships. Nothing major, just 15-20 meters docked off the horizontal dispersion.

• Cool 4

Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles

I have thought about getting the Tirpitz but have not due to her pretty low win rate.  Kinda perplexing since I always thought she was a hell of a ship in real life but average or below in this game.  Why? Is she in a tier to high or whatever?  What is her issue? Anyone care to explain her problem? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,388 posts
10,928 battles

it's not so much that the Tirpitz is under performing but that others are over performing.

[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
17,097 battles

Her stats suck is because she was one of first premiums in the game..bought by wallet warriors ..God those were some times when the lobby was filled with nothing but tirpitz.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon

Members
4,723 posts
7,867 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

it's not so much that the Tirpitz is under performing but that others are over performing.

Elaborate?  Pls

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
4 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

Frankly, I wouldn't mind a small dispersion buff to all of the German battleships. Nothing major, just 15-20 meters docked off the horizontal dispersion.

same here.

Gneisinau is a real pain in the butt due to that wild dispersion.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,388 posts
10,928 battles
7 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Elaborate?  Pls

Look at the chart, six of the fifteen ships have 52% plus win rates.

8 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

Her stats suck is because she was one of first premiums in the game..bought by wallet warriors ..God those were some times when the lobby was filled with nothing but tirpitz.

That is definitely part of it. I was gifted mine when it came out and I couldn't do anything right with it and I had high tier BB experience from being a tester. I would like to see more recent performance numbers that are not biased from the early days. If it was released now I would not be surprised if it would be doing extremely well because we now have lots of players with high tier German experience which I definitely did not have.

5 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

same here.

That is the hint to close in.

[5D5]
Members
2,694 posts
16,135 battles

It's not the ship it's the people playing her. When she first came out you had lots of wallet warriors that were clueless how to play a German BB and would yolo their German brawler at the start of the game. Skip forward to now and you have people sitting at max range thinking they are BB snipers with German dispersion.

My own stats in her are 57.76% win rate, 59,038 average damage and an 1,822 personal rating per WoWs Stats. I'm not exactly a great BB driver either since I get too aggressive at times and get hung out to dry by my cruisers and DDs.

[MOOW]
Members
276 posts
17,097 battles
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

It's not the ship it's the people playing her. When she first came out you had lots of wallet warriors that were clueless how to play a German BB and would yolo their German brawler at the start of the game. Skip forward to now and you have people sitting at max range thinking they are BB snipers with German dispersion.

My own stats in her are 57.76% win rate, 59,038 average damage and an 1,822 personal rating per WoWs Stats. I'm not exactly a great BB driver either since I get too aggressive at times and get hung out to dry by my cruisers and DDs.

Exactly....plus the yolo torp runs they did....

Members
68 posts
2,110 battles

My win rate with Tirpitz is 58%, 63k avg damage. She's a good ship, so much fun. I have a feeling people try to play her like a DD when first released some people still yolo push just to dump torps and get their secondaries to let loose. 

Though it suffers the same problem Montana and Yamato suffer. They were the first two original lines everyone grinder through and so their numbers suffer and are extremely slow to improve as a star due to the sheer number of games played. 

[UN1]
Members
544 posts
1,998 battles

While I can't speak for the Tirpitz, I can speak for the Bismarck, as both are extremely similar.  I think it's the players behind her, honestly.  A lot of people who had no idea how to properly play a German battleship either bought or received the Tirpitz, and upon playing, became starry-eyed with the idea of shoving their torpedo up the porthole of an enemy warship.  That leads to the folly of men battleships by allowing yolo to enter their gameplay. 

Also, I think all German warships should receive 1/4 pen on all their secondary guns.  I think that would go a long ways to improving the secondary viability of these ships. 

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

I think it is the proliferation of 27mm plating cruisers and APDBs.

Edited by MrDeaf

[BS]
Members
1,392 posts
7,684 battles
7 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

I was talking about tirpitz B

[UN1]
Members
544 posts
1,998 battles
13 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

I was talking about tirpitz B

They're the exact same ship.

Modder, Beta Testers
1,576 posts
2,652 battles
1 hour ago, Ranari said:

They're the exact same ship.

I assume the point he is trying to make is that Tirptiz B does not have the long history of new players buying into Tier VIII and artificially sundering her server stats yet her performance metrics are still pretty meh. That said its difficult to gage the overall quality of players who have bought and played the Black version.  Mass B obviously is posting strong results, though with Massachusetts being a more recent addition a larger sample size may have picked it up.  

I have not played a lot of games with her or the Bismarck recently so they may not be optimal in the current meta, but I found them enjoyable and dependable ships when they were in regular rotation.  Though I recently ground out North Carolina who also is sitting at the bottom of the stack in metrics and found her a killing machine.

Cheers,

-JB

[FLNVY]
Members
104 posts

wat tirpitz = tirpitz b

WG specifically said its the same ship as tirpitz but black

and its stats arent good because it was literally just released lol

Members
918 posts
9,443 battles

Anecdotally from my experience about 70% of the 'b' ships have yolo noob syndrome.  The 'b' ships look bad-ace but old timers are probably not plunking $$ for a paint job on a ship they already have.

Tirpitz is a solid ship, but I don't see in played often, haven't fired mine up in months.  Point: I don't think the ships are being played with higher skilled drivers right now.  So many high quality new tier 10 ships lately, I have nothing drawing me to a troubled tier (8) with wacky small caliber guns against a fleet of stronger ships.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,347 posts
17,682 battles
3 hours ago, WhiteRecon said:

Anecdotally from my experience about 70% of the 'b' ships have yolo noob syndrome.  The 'b' ships look bad-ace but old timers are probably not plunking $$ for a paint job on a ship they already have.

Tirpitz is a solid ship, but I don't see in played often, haven't fired mine up in months.  Point: I don't think the ships are being played with higher skilled drivers right now.  So many high quality new tier 10 ships lately, I have nothing drawing me to a troubled tier (8) with wacky small caliber guns against a fleet of stronger ships.

The -B ships with all these extra people getting them really do make them look worse than they really are.

I watched some Asashio-B fire torps, +Torp Reload Booster set of torps at a bunch of Cruisers and Destroyers.

There was another Asashio-B, who after we killed some Battleship together, I asked him why he didn't fire his torps.  He could have ended the fight much earlier with a bunch of close range Asashio torps.  He said I was on the other side of the target BB (I was in a Cruiser) and he was worried if he missed, I'd get nailed.  Bless the guy's heart, he meant well :Smile_Default: I told him his torps only hit BBs and CVs.  If he had a valid target and only friendly Cruisers and Destroyers are in the area, go nuts with your torps next time.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, dmckay said:

What is her issue? Anyone care to explain her problem? 

Tirpitz is nothing more than a Bismarck with torpedoes and a few tweaks to a couple other stats. Those two ships are not designed to snipe from the back, but heaven knows that you will always see someone during a day of gaming attempting to use it as such. Just now, two matches ago I saw both a Tirpitz and a Bismarck attempting to snipe from the back while I (in a Richelu) had to take the lead. Lost that match outright because 2 out of our 4 BB's were in the back. <A place that these two ships should NEVER be.

It is a brawler. Always has been, always will be. It does best in close combat where its secondary guns can get a workout and its armor beats the majority of others at that range. I see far too often people failing to grasp this concept and I would hazard to guess that anyone just suddenly ending up with this ship (from a container or buying it) tries to play it like any other BB in the game at that tier.

[UTWE]
Members
235 posts
3,208 battles

She's the same ship as Tirpitz, if you're gonna buff a ship buff her because the problem with the black Friday variant is the players.

Members
350 posts
4,213 battles

62%/63k avg in my Tirpitz.  I think a big part of the problem with the Tirp, especially the -B is that many of the people who bought it are trying to snipe with it.  There is nothing wrong with the stats of the ship itself, people just getting it are not playing to its strengths.  With the proliferation of higher tier flamethrowers, I see a lot of BBs afraid of getting their paint scorched sitting on the back line getting chip damage but contributing nothing else.

[TCNNA]
Members
791 posts
14,921 battles
On 12/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, BladedPheonix said:

same here.

Fully agree

[BIER]
Members
195 posts
3,144 battles

The KM BBs need a serious buff to their short-range main gun accuracy. It's gotten completely stupidly ludicrous, where 4km salvos can't even manage 50% hits rates on broadside BB opponents, and the wild dispersion is so bad that HE is a better choice, simply because AP so regularly flies all over the place, giving overpens on superstructure and bow/sterns instead of pens/citadels at the point of aim.