You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Daily Mission Agony

31 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,792 posts
9,512 battles

829667381_Screenshot(59).thumb.png.98cfd46dd05db26d2046d3db68ffcf21.png

Somedays I hate whoever came up with the algorithm for distributing XP. Or the guy who decided Co-op needed the mercy rule.

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts

What agony?    You play COOP and get is over with?  What else do you expect?  Rush the caps, set up shop, defeat the mirrored forces, repeat about 15 times and you are done.  I'm not sure what you are saying......please explain?

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,759 posts
25,377 battles

I usually take a T8+ BB into coop for the 1st 2 battles.  Then Leander or Fiji for next 2, then Warspite or AZ for the last 2 of the 6 wins.  Good training for the upcoming baby ranked.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,369 posts
14,850 battles

Massachusetts. 

Secondaries.

American AP.

Bounces most shells.

What is so hard?

Lightning, daring, shimma withf3, gearing with Fletcher torps. Z52, atlanta... 

Boy it's so hard to win and make money in coop....

And those challenges,  too bad I only have  an hour a day to play.

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The first set is very quick to do, it's the second set that can take time if you don't do Operations or PVP.

1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Somedays I hate whoever came up with the algorithm for distributing XP. Or the guy who decided Co-op needed the mercy rule.

Totally agree. The base XP missions can seem to be a drag at times (day after day) and the mercy rule usually stops the game just before a few more points can be added lol.

I will ignore @Asym_KSreply as it is obviously just a dig at a different mode of play which is as pathetic as stat shaming. However, the other comments such as HazeGray's does give you options to speed up the process. Randoms or Ops will help progression faster, but if you choose to play CoOp you'll just need to....play, and it will sort itself out.

The 2 missions a day is the issue for me, I will have achieved 30 by Sunday, but then I'm away for a week 'training' and training always has a habit of being extended lol (but I'm hoping the Christmas period will work its magic and get me home for a period of leave).

Keep plugging away at it Jedi, and whatever mode people play, I hope you get the opportunity to complete it. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
20,276 posts
18,607 battles

If you don't do PVP, the current Op of the Week is "Cherry Blossom."  It's one that most PUGs can even 4 or 5 star.  It takes a lot longer than the very short duration but extremely low payout Co-op matches (regardless of tier) but the payouts are substantial in successful Operation runs.

I highly suggest Cherry Blossom for the 2nd daily mission set if you don't want to be stuck with low payout Co-op.  You may have a rough go the first few times running, but after a while you get used to Cherry Blossom and know what you need to do.  Again, the fact that PUGs can 4 or 5 star this Op is a big deal, because some of the Ops that rotate are difficult for PUGs to successfully complete.  Narai, Ultimate Frontier, Hermes for example can be big problems for PUGs, but Cherry Blossom is a good one to farm.

Ops are also a good place to spend precious special bonus camo and the high reward bonus signal flags in if it's a good one to complete and farm.

So, an example routine could be if doing pure PVE:

1.  Do Co-op to quickly complete the 1st Daily Mission Set.

2.  1 more Co-op for the 1st part of the 2nd Daily Mission Set.

3.  Then 2 Operation runs to finish out the last 2 of the 2nd Daily Mission Set.

PVP has wayyyy better rewards but the "Win" requirements can be very fleeting at times.  Co-op can easily fix that, and PVP can really pile on the XPs like it's cool.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,246 posts
12,042 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If you don't do PVP

why not PVP?

Spoiler

CDxoQwT.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
20,276 posts
18,607 battles
Just now, ObiphanKenobi said:

why not PVP?

Reveal hidden contents

CDxoQwT.jpg

Oh, I fully understand how PVP can roll in the Credits, XPs, and FreeXPs.  But there's a bunch of guys that don't.  I've even slacked off on my PVP games of late.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,246 posts
12,042 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've even slacked off on my PVP games of late

dont have to do much, spot, cap, contest cap reset cap spam torp for area denial and continue with assist in spotting and cap other cap point

Edit

SMOKE for ally (Amerikan smoke last LONG)

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

[WOLF3]
Members
20,276 posts
18,607 battles
28 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

dont have to do much, spot, cap, contest cap reset cap spam torp for area denial and continue with assist in spotting and cap other cap point

Edit

SMOKE for ally (Amerikan smoke last LONG)

You don't understand.  It's the frustrations from PVP is why I've slacked off from that form of play of late.

Think of the stupid things that go on in Randoms despite you doing very well, trying hard for the objectives, and the "team first" mentality.  Without getting too long into the drama, those things, which I easily brushed off in the past for about 9.8k PVP matches and a 56% WR, have finally gotten annoying.  The joy I had from PVP has gone out the window.  Oh, don't get me wrong, forays into PVP every now and then, and having a good match?  I miss the challenge of players, including some of the smack talk between the teams.  But having things like this:

Being with the 4 ship group of the team, tying down 8 ships of the enemy team, causing damage to the superior force and delaying them from taking objectives.  They cannot break through you.  You're doing well in damaging and delaying them, denying the caps.  However, you see your stronger 8 ship group fight the enemy team's weaker 4 ship group at the other side of the map.

I think, "Well, our other group has a 2:1 advantage, hopefully they roll them up and hit this 8 ship group we're dealing with in the flank afterwards, as well as roll the objectives on their side."

Except what happens is our 8 ships get absolutely rekt by 4 enemy ships.  Us 4 are still fighting it out and eventually we get hit in the sides.

Or watching teams throw victories because people get greedy.  They gotta get that extra kill, they gotta get off an extra gun salvo, they gotta do a reckless torpedo drop.  And they end up throwing what should have been a guaranteed win into a terrible loss.

Why am I watching our last DD, the ONLY DD LEFT IN THE MATCH, a Yugumo getting into an 11km gunfight with a DM or worse, a nerfed radar range Worcester???

Or finding critical enemy Destroyers 10km from the bulk of our team.  Instead of my teammates blasting the living hell out of them, they're instead all intent on shooting at some Yamato 18-19km away, trying to farm damage off him, but he keeps healing all the damage back.  The DDs go on and bite the team in the a** later.

Watching 3-4 ships of our team chase some kiting enemy ship off to the furthest corner of the godd*mn map, AWAY FROM WIDE OPEN OBJECTIVES.

Stuff like that I've brushed off and went with it in the past.  But now... It's gotten so old and frustrating.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,246 posts
12,042 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's gotten so old and frustrating

wanna head down the bar and have beer bruh

i'll pay

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
58 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You don't understand.  It's the frustrations from PVP is why I've slacked off from that form of play of late.

Think of the stupid things that go on in Randoms despite you doing very well, trying hard for the objectives, and the "team first" mentality.  Without getting too long into the drama, those things, which I easily brushed off in the past for about 9.8k PVP matches and a 56% WR, have finally gotten annoying.  The joy I had from PVP has gone out the window.  Oh, don't get me wrong, forays into PVP every now and then, and having a good match?  I miss the challenge of players, including some of the smack talk between the teams.  But having things like this:

Being with the 4 ship group of the team, tying down 8 ships of the enemy team, causing damage to the superior force and delaying them from taking objectives.  They cannot break through you.  You're doing well in damaging and delaying them, denying the caps.  However, you see your stronger 8 ship group fight the enemy team's weaker 4 ship group at the other side of the map.

I think, "Well, our other group has a 2:1 advantage, hopefully they roll them up and hit this 8 ship group we're dealing with in the flank afterwards, as well as roll the objectives on their side."

Except what happens is our 8 ships get absolutely rekt by 4 enemy ships.  Us 4 are still fighting it out and eventually we get hit in the sides.

Or watching teams throw victories because people get greedy.  They gotta get that extra kill, they gotta get off an extra gun salvo, they gotta do a reckless torpedo drop.  And they end up throwing what should have been a guaranteed win into a terrible loss.

Why am I watching our last DD, the ONLY DD LEFT IN THE MATCH, a Yugumo getting into an 11km gunfight with a DM or worse, a nerfed radar range Worcester???

Or finding critical enemy Destroyers 10km from the bulk of our team.  Instead of my teammates blasting the living hell out of them, they're instead all intent on shooting at some Yamato 18-19km away, trying to farm damage off him, but he keeps healing all the damage back.  The DDs go on and bite the team in the a** later.

Watching 3-4 ships of our team chase some kiting enemy ship off to the furthest corner of the godd*mn map, AWAY FROM WIDE OPEN OBJECTIVES.

Stuff like that I've brushed off and went with it in the past.  But now... It's gotten so old and frustrating.

Start divisioning up, if you have not already done so. I know you know this already, but having 1 or 2 guys on your team who range from semi-competent to good players can lessen the chance of your team making bad decisions.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,697 posts
7,510 battles
5 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

The problem I'm having is that everyone is so eagerly climbing over each other to get kills in co-op right now that I don't dare fire large spreads of torpedoes at anything greater than suicide range. I've already team-damaged two greedy idiots and I would rather not damage any more, much as they deserve it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,420 posts
11,698 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Oh please let me add a few. All recent....

7 ships huddled in the same grid square on the 1 line. Yes it was really 7, 4 were BBs. I have no words. I had plenty at the time.

A Shima spamming torps every 2.5 minutes from behind the BBs.... because he has the 20km torps. PSA: 20km Shima torps work at 6km.

Getting shoved out of your smoke.. at the edge of a cap.. by a BB that just has to be first to die. Look, if you need to die that fast, just park broadside and let the reds do the deed. Leave me out of your suicide mission.

5v5 DD match. One BB heading off alone and gets dev struck by torps. Whines about no support. Um... yeah, I got nothin either.

Parked at the edge of a cap, undetected, and almost have it finished. Baltimore rushes into the cap, hitting me.. immediately followed by incoming fire for the Balt hitting me and resetting the cap!!! Worse...An Atago does exactly the same  thing 2 min later! I lost half my HP to gunfire before I was ever detected!

Zao and Henry IV in the open sailing broadside taking zero fire from BBs 10ish km away. Where were these BB players when I was playing cruisers?

Speed boosting to a cap, seconds from entering. Admiral Obvious: "DD, get the cap." Crap, I was hoping to snag a quick brew on my way to Grandma's house...

Not that I don't benefit from stupid...

My Belfast 7km from a Bayern, literally stopped in the open and out of smoke. 4 fires in 4 volleys. Stern, aft super, fwd sup, and bow, in order mind you. Bayern cant be bothered to turn his guns no more than 10 degrees to blap me. That hurt my feeling, made me feel like I wasn't important.

I fully understand being tired of what occurs in randoms. Its a big part of the reason I play most in DIvs these days. I want witnesses!

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts
7 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Totally agree. The base XP missions can seem to be a drag at times (day after day) and the mercy rule usually stops the game just before a few more points can be added lol.

I will ignore @Asym_KSreply as it is obviously just a dig at a different mode of play which is as pathetic as stat shaming. However, the other comments such as HazeGray's does give you options to speed up the process. Randoms or Ops will help progression faster, but if you choose to play CoOp you'll just need to....play, and it will sort itself out.

The 2 missions a day is the issue for me, I will have achieved 30 by Sunday, but then I'm away for a week 'training' and training always has a habit of being extended lol (but I'm hoping the Christmas period will work its magic and get me home for a period of leave).

Keep plugging away at it Jedi, and whatever mode people play, I hope you get the opportunity to complete it. :Smile_honoring:

I beg to differ because I almost exclusively play COOP....   I'm a potato and hate Random and Ranked because they are PvP.  Please, what agony is there in COOP?  

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I beg to differ because I almost exclusively play COOP....   I'm a potato and hate Random and Ranked because they are PvP.  Please, what agony is there in COOP?  

What agony is there in Randoms, WoWs is only a game, yet you state you hate it.

So if you can find hate in one game mode I see no reason why another person can't find agony in another. Simple logic really. :cap_like:

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

What agony is there in Randoms, WoWs is only a game, yet you state you hate it.

So if you can find hate in one game mode I see no reason why another person can't find agony in another. Simple logic really. :cap_like:

I get that and appreciate the response...  I was just curious as to "what" causes the frustrations?  The Bots.  The weird mixes between bots and people?  To understand the logic, data is required and that is what I'm curious about....

Agony in Randoms is: Radar.   Players whom have one intention: a;;for me and none for you.  Toxic people whom take this "game" way too seriously.  A MM that seems to always, 80% of the time, pairs you two tiers down.  etc., etc., etc.

Twilight: is a disaster for many players whom "just can't seem to live though a single mission"...   So, I was just curious and if I knew, maybe, since I play COOP most of the time, I could suggest a solution?!

[USCC2]
Members
4,774 posts
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

I get that and appreciate the response...  I was just curious as to "what" causes the frustrations?  The Bots.  The weird mixes between bots and people?  To understand the logic, data is required and that is what I'm curious about....

Agony in Randoms is: Radar.   Players whom have one intention: a;;for me and none for you.  Toxic people whom take this "game" way too seriously.  A MM that seems to always, 80% of the time, pairs you two tiers down.  etc., etc., etc.

Twilight: is a disaster for many players whom "just can't seem to live though a single mission"...   So, I was just curious and if I knew, maybe, since I play COOP most of the time, I could suggest a solution?!

Read the guys OP that you actually replied to - he even states one of the things that frustrates him (or causes him agony) is the mercy rule - something that  many, who have commented on these forums have also been frustrated about. He also mentions the distribution of XP.

I guess now you can offer him a solution(?), although if you play CoOp I would have thought you would already know about these frustrations.

[H_]
Members
2,173 posts

Thanks !  I'll re-read and think about what to suggest......because the XP is problematic.

Have a happy holiday !