Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

Triple Lyon is fun, but have you tried Triple Okt. Rev?

20 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,013 battles

So my buddies and I have always liked to take out the Okt. Rev for giggles every now and again and sail in a 3-ship battle column of concentrated communist whup-a$$, and it's hilarious. However, since we blew the 1k Gold to get the SOVIET premium camo for it, oh man! For some reason we just steamroll through everything. It's all the fun of the Triple Lyon wombo-combo, but with WAY better MM. Oh, and so you can see it in all it's glory, I uploaded the replay of our most recent one. Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://replayswows.com/replay/37365#stats (shameless plug, I know)

No seriously, we were giggling like little schoolgirls the whole time. It was so much fun IDK why people don't do it more often.

• Cool 2

[NGA]
Members
1,794 posts
9,523 battles

I've seen the triple Nikolai. Only one boat was sunk on our team. Learned some new words from the enemy chat that day.

• Funny 3

[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles

There's all kinds of lethal Division Combos but it depends on the guys using them and their comfort on playing together, alongside voice comms.

DM or Worcester working with 2 DDs, especially if one is Gearing with the fabulous USN DD smoke.  One of the most fun I had the privilege of doing was Worcester + Shimakaze + Z-52

Kutuzov + 2 Destroyers

Conqueror + Midway or Hakuryu

Belfast + Flint + Atlanta (this is nasty, lots of spammy DPM, 2 Radar CLs, super-high power AA, and Flint has respectable torpedo ranges for surprises, Belfast has Hydro)

Belfast x2 (or Belfast + Flint) + DD... 2 smoke camping CLs, one with both Hydro and Radar, one with powerful AA and torpedoes.  The DD is out for emergency smoke, spotting, and threatening anyone trying to get close with torpedoes.

Radar Cruiser + Battleship + Destroyer combo... My favorite, all-around Division composition.  Radar Cruiser to work closely with the Division DD, Division DD can also drop smoke for the Radar Cruiser to position more aggressively.  The Battleship is around to keep enemy Radar Cruisers honest.

CV + AA Cruiser + AA BB

Stealth DD + Gunboat DD

Personally, I never liked the BB-heavy Divisions as it was very easy to neutralize.  A simple Tier VIII Benson played with decent skill and patience will push back a Double Tier X BB Division just by the threat of Stealth and Torpedoes, and there's nothing the BBs can do about it.  I prefer Divisions with complimentary strengths, abilities.

Really, there's a lot more lethal Division composition out there.

Long ago, back when Stealth Fire was in, I took part in a Triple Blyskawica Division.  I remember when the match started the reds were all, "Triplz Blyz division?  REALLY???" :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
923 posts
5,218 battles
30 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Personally, I never liked the BB-heavy Divisions as it was very easy to neutralize.  A simple Tier VIII Benson played with decent skill and patience will push back a Double Tier X BB Division just by the threat of Stealth and Torpedoes, and there's nothing the BBs can do about it.  I prefer Divisions with complimentary strengths, abilities.

Triple sec spec bismarck division doesn't understand this statement... :cap_viking: :cap_viking: :cap_viking:

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,125 battles
2 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Triple sec spec bismarck division doesn't understand this statement... :cap_viking: :cap_viking: :cap_viking:

Eh, go big or go home, triple sec spec GK div.

Or for salt farming- Triple Worch.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles
11 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

LOL no, I don't think so.

You drop torps into Triple Bismarcks, something's going to stick.  On top of that, your torpedoes going towards them will force them to:

A.  Eat the torpedeos

or

B.  Maneuver to evade the torpedoes and they end up showing a lot of sides for my team to crucify them

Triple High Tier German BBs will never run down a Stealth Torpedo DD.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
923 posts
5,218 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Triple High Tier German BBs will never run down a Stealth Torpedo DD.

Alternating 5k+ hydro, alternating who takes point in terms of incoming torp direction... can sail fairly safely... and if spotted by a friendly or falling under acoustics range... enjoy the secondary fireworks show... one set may be a belt sander but 3 sets is a sandblaster.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles
45 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Alternating 5k+ hydro, alternating who takes point in terms of incoming torp direction... can sail fairly safely... and if spotted by a friendly or falling under acoustics range... enjoy the secondary fireworks show... one set may be a belt sander but 3 sets is a sandblaster.

3 BBs sailing together is torpedo soup magnet and Hydro won't save that.  When you try to evade the torps, you're getting nailed in bad angles by gunfire.

Meanwhile the DD suffers zero risk.

Members
923 posts
5,218 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

3 BBs sailing together is torpedo soup magnet and Hydro won't save that.  When you try to evade the torps, you're getting nailed in bad angles by gunfire.

Meanwhile the DD suffers zero risk.

If you're getting hit by more than 1-2 torps at a time in a km ship of any kind you borked up big time. And unless its a montana 20k away kurfurst presents very few opportunities for citbliteration. Conqs biggest enemy is a torp lolibote. Kurfursts is... idk... themselves sailing in straight lines or enemies 15-20k away. 

Regardless, a three person secondary sandblaster div is fun. Try it in Massachusetts if thats more your flavour. :cap_happy:

[NFFS]
Members
79 posts
4,988 battles

I have seen a 2X Tirpitz + Bismarck division.  They formed a flying wedge with the Bismarck in the center.  They then proceeded to go from cap to cap blasting anything that came their way.  I do not remember what the DDs were doing that time.  That was a while back, so the meta has changed since then.

[4HIM]
Members
2,379 posts
7,352 battles

Triple Perth division.  Especially if all of them have the special weed generator mod as well as the captains having the weed smoke expert skill.  

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

some guys did a video on the triple Lyon, they all sailed together and fired at the same time at the same ship...48 shells at one ship pretty funny.

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,013 battles
29 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

some guys did a video on the triple Lyon, they all sailed together and fired at the same time at the same ship...48 shells at one ship pretty funny.

That's pretty much what we were doing.

Members
113 posts
8,720 battles

I saw a clan use this tactic with Lyons yesterday, probably thinking it would be many lolz and insta win. The only lolz was all three were deleted within the first 5 mins of game time without doing much damage and zero kills.

Sign in to follow this