You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
grim_reaper_6_9

Buff montana pls

17 comments in this topic

[RIPCV]
Members
9 posts
130 battles

looking at server stats and just general in game performance i feel that montana is becoming a victim of the power creep and i think its time that montana gets a buff and what better way to buff it than give it 57mm deck as it would greatly improve survivability but not make it broken, rather it would reward players for playing smartly even more.

Edited by grim_reaper_6_9

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,281 battles

Actually with the legendary modual shes quite powerful!

Though, I'd love it if that gave monty the Defencive AA ability. Though I doubt they will.:fish_book:

Members
1,205 posts
3,161 battles

Montanna is a very good ship. The stats are caused by the people who drive the ship. I'd argue that montanna is one of, if not the most competitive TX battleships. 

[SALVO]
Members
21,032 posts
21,114 battles
12 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Montanna is a very good ship. The stats are caused by the people who drive the ship. I'd argue that montanna is one of, if not the most competitive TX battleships. 

This is entirely possible.  I think that what would really be required would be some sort of drilling down in the stats to be able to, say, look at the performance of tier 10 BBs in the hands of players with overall WRs above 50%, 55%, 60+%, etc.  Try to get some proof of your seemingly common sense assertion.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,680 posts
3,603 battles
12 hours ago, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

looking at server stats and just general in game performance i feel that montana is becoming a victim of the power creep and i think its time that montana gets a buff and what better way to buff it than give it 57mm deck as it would greatly improve survivability but not make it broken, rather it would reward players for playing smartly even more.

These stats include when she was released in OBT before she was buffed numerous times, she is currently a very strong ship thanks to all her buffs 

[WOLF3]
Members
20,446 posts
18,810 battles

Montana does not need buffs.  The gunnery is excellent, her AA easy to include AA Build while still buffing her main battery dispersion with the Tier IX-X USN BB exclusive APRM2 upgrade.  A while back her speed was buffed from 27 to 30 kts and her biggest weakness, the skyscraper citadel, was lowered.  This Battleship does not need buffs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
8,807 posts
15,622 battles

It is really funny how at the same time we have a thread wanting Montana nerfed (General Forum) and here we have one wanting it buffed. :Smile_facepalm:

Montana is probably one of the most balanced ships in the game. Not the best at anything but good all around.

The ship is fine as is. Does not need a nerf and does not need a buff.

Don't try and fix what isn't broken.

[UN1]
Members
593 posts
2,167 battles
On 12/14/2018 at 11:37 PM, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

I don't usually say this during WoWS discussions, but let's, umm, let's actually play the Montana before we make comments like this.  I think you'll find your opinion on the matter to be quite different once you do.  :)

Edited by Ranari
  • Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,794 battles

The Montana is actually second to the Yamato. if there is a drop in stats, then that is due to the fact that potatoes grinding up the line and failing their way to tier X. the ship itself has no problems. its the players who have a problem in sailing her and dont understand how a BB is played.

I one saw a Monty, charge infront me (I was a fletcher and was just about to capture a point, in the games strting 4 minutes) when a Monty literally goes infont of me and duly gets torped. needless to say, a USN BB died witin the first 5 minutes of a battle. These are the kinds of potatoes that are playing the Monty

• Boring 1

[RIPCV]
Members
9 posts
130 battles
5 hours ago, Ranari said:

I don't usually say this during WoWS discussions, but let's, umm, let's actually play the Montana before we make comments like this.  I think you'll find your opinion on the matter to be quite different once you do.  :)

dont let my number of battles fool you :)

infact i am pretty sure that i am a better player than you in every regard :)

Edited by grim_reaper_6_9

[UN1]
Members
593 posts
2,167 battles
36 minutes ago, grim_reaper_6_9 said:

dont let my number of battles fool you :)

infact i am pretty sure that i am a better player than you in every regard :)

I think you're just being a troll.

Members
152 posts
9,683 battles
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, CarbonButtprint said:

Montanna is a very good ship. The stats are caused by the people who drive the ship. I'd argue that montanna is one of, if not the most competitive TX battleships

I totally agree, I'm one of those that drive the stats down but it is me, not the very good ship she is.

[BSL]
Members
990 posts
16,295 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 7:58 PM, richie_macrophage said:

Montana itself isn't that bad of a ship. It has been kinda power creeped though by ships like the Conqueror.

Better range, rifles, citidel, &  HP than Conq.