You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BC124

WoWs is inflating premium time?

56 comments in this topic

[JSC]
[JSC]
Members
35 posts
9,823 battles

anyone else a little upset that WoWs is inflating the value of premium time by nearly 30% now that premium time is only one game.....

3 game 1 day of premium time = $1.49

1 game 1 day of premium time = $1.49

So the question is paying 3x as much worth a 15% increase to WoWs ??

well ok then, guess its just me.

Edited by BC124
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,909 posts
14,527 battles

It's a great deal for people who only play WoWS. They get more benefit for the same price, with no loss in functionality.

• Cool 3

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,481 posts
5,586 battles

The real question is: Do you play WoT and/or WoP as well?

If so you can still buy the normal WG premium time as usual, and nothing changes.

And if you only play WoWs like me, and don't give a flying f~~~ about the other two? the ships-only premium time is better.

What's with these strange people not liking more options?

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
[OPGS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
210 posts
6,436 battles

If you only play Warships, why wouldn't you? Most people would buy the premium regardless of how many games it covers.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,009 posts
7,808 battles

I imagine this also gives them more flexibility in giving WoWs specific premium time to be people at discounts or free without impacting other games.  Let's hope.

[JSC]
[JSC]
Members
35 posts
9,823 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's a great deal for people who only play WoWS. They get more benefit for the same price, with no loss in functionality.

Its a good point if you only play one. You don't see the difference its just a %15 boost

Members
2,255 posts

There really is no reason to play tanks or planes for me. Tanks is gold spaming nubs with stat mods. Planes died long ago because it wasn't fun.

Edited by MorbidGamer
  • Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Stupid question, isn't it the same price as before? There is no increase in price? 

[HINON]
Members
10,929 posts

As others have pointed out you will still have the old option to buy it for all 3 games or if you only play WOWS you can buy for just this game alone and get a slight boost. It's merely another choice.

• Boring 1

Members
851 posts
10,704 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

As others have pointed out you will still have the old option to buy it for all 3 games or if you only play WOWS you can buy for just this game alone and get a slight boost. It's merely another choice.

I thought they said post 7.12, the Universal Premium Time will only be for WOT and WOWP?  That there is no goin back?

[HINON]
Members
10,929 posts
1 minute ago, Airglide2 said:

I thought they said post 7.12, the Universal Premium Time will only be for WOT and WOWP?  That there is no goin back?

You are likely thinking of the awarded premium time in WOWS will only be WOWS premium time but you will still be free to buy premium time that applies to all 3 games.

• Funny 1

Members
851 posts
10,704 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

You are likely thinking of the awarded premium time in WOWS will only be WOWS premium time but you will still be free to buy premium time that applies to all 3 games.

See I read that official post over and over again but never got that message.  I thought it was, "Post 7.12,  everyone with up to 720 days of premium time can share with WOWS Premium time.  After your premium time is up, if you are playing WOWS, your only allowed to purchase the WOWS Premium Time", which is why I thought the whole thing was backwards because why the heck would I want to purchase Premium time TWICE! (It's all on Reddit)

[BS]
Members
1,503 posts
8,054 battles

They're basically doubling the price for people who play two of the games (because you know they will get rid of the WGing 3 game premium)... If that doesn't bother you then you're a sucker i guess. We're all going to be paying 3x more for the same thing.

Do you get it? WOWS only premium time should cost 2/3rd's less, but multiplied by 1.15 to reflect that extra little xp boost.

3 games. $1.50 a day. One game, 50c a day. Now it'll be one game, 1.50 a day.

The only way prices go down is when dumb people run out of money I think.

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,881 battles
5 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

They're basically doubling the price for people who play two of the games (because you know they will get rid of the WGing 3 game premium)... If that doesn't bother you then you're a sucker i guess. We're all going to be paying 3x more for the same thing.

Do you get it? WOWS only premium time should cost 2/3rd's less, but multiplied by 1.15 to reflect that extra little xp boost.

Amazing, you're the first one to get this and support the OP … 

I guess all the others work for WG :)

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
3 hours ago, Airglide2 said:

See I read that official post over and over again but never got that message.  I thought it was, "Post 7.12,  everyone with up to 720 days of premium time can share with WOWS Premium time.  After your premium time is up, if you are playing WOWS, your only allowed to purchase the WOWS Premium Time", which is why I thought the whole thing was backwards because why the heck would I want to purchase Premium time TWICE! (It's all on Reddit)

It's all spelled out there.

3 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

There will be WG premium time that will work across all three games and WoWs premium time that will only work in WoWs. Both will cost the same amount of money, so the choice is simple.

Do you play WoWs, WoT and/or WoWP? Buy WG premium time and nothing changes for your purchases. Any WoWs time you earn in game that overlaps with existing WG premium time, will give you 25 doubloons per day (partial day counts as full) and the +65% bonus.

Do you ONLY play WoWs? Why are you complaining? Just buy WoWs premium time, because if you are not playing the other two games, who gives a :etc_swear:? If you do want that ability to play any of the three with premium time, then buy the WG time as noted above. This is not rocket science.

3 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

No, we have functioning brains. If you only play WoWs, then you are buying WG premium time that doesn't give you anything extra. The new WoWs premium time will give you +65% premium time instead of the current +50% premium time that works in two games you don't play anyways. If you play WoT and/or WoWp, then just buy WG premium time like you did before and nothing changes. This is not rocket science.

1 hour ago, donaldEpott said:

I don't play it without premium time. Of course I play both WOT and WOWs so it pays to have a premium account.

If you play WoT and WoWs, then buy WG premium time. Nothing will change for your purchases of WG premium time. ny WoWs time you earn in game that overlaps with existing WG premium time, will give you 25 doubloons per day (partial day counts as full) and the +65% bonus.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,881 battles
6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's all spelled out there.

There will be WG premium time that will work across all three games and WoWs premium time that will only work in WoWs. Both will cost the same amount of money, so the choice is simple.

Do you play WoWs, WoT and/or WoWP? Buy WG premium time and nothing changes for your purchases. Any WoWs time you earn in game that overlaps with existing WG premium time, will give you 25 doubloons per day (partial day counts as full) and the +65% bonus.

Do you ONLY play WoWs? Why are you complaining? Just buy WoWs premium time, because if you are not playing the other two games, who gives a :etc_swear:? If you do want that ability to play any of the three with premium time, then buy the WG time as noted above. This is not rocket science.

No, we have functioning brains. If you only play WoWs, then you are buying WG premium time that doesn't give you anything extra. The new WoWs premium time will give you +65% premium time instead of the current +50% premium time that works in two games you don't play anyways. If you play WoT and/or WoWp, then just buy WG premium time like you did before and nothing changes. This is not rocket science.

If you play WoT and WoWs, then buy WG premium time. Nothing will change for your purchases of WG premium time. ny WoWs time you earn in game that overlaps with existing WG premium time, will give you 25 doubloons per day (partial day counts as full) and the +65% bonus.

You only explain how this doesn't currently affect you or punish some others, even though you are giving up the benefit of premium in 2 other games for a slight bonus

What people are trying to point out is why WG is doing this and why it makes sense for them - to make money - duh

By forcing people to choose, they are in effect multiplying the number of subscriptions and locking them in

If you think there are no consequences now or down the line, you are fooling yourself 

Edited by Commander_367

Members
23,138 posts
5,841 battles
10 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

They're basically doubling the price for people who play two of the games (because you know they will get rid of the WGing 3 game premium)...

Well, we don't actually know that, and until it happens, no point in getting upset. 

If that doesn't bother you then you're a sucker i guess. 

Why would I be a sucker for not caring about a situation that doesn't affect me in the least?

When I started with WG, I paid for one game. (because there was only one game) I never played more than one game, and I'm still paying for one game, except now I'm going to get 15% more XP for the same money.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,847 posts
4,855 battles

As for obtaining premium time from Ships, it is likely that the premium given via in-game channels will always be WoWS-specific premium and not the regular WG premium.

WoWS goes full isolationist...for the non-buyers.

Members
23,138 posts
5,841 battles
10 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

You and him are both bad at guessing.....