Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Steel Rat players make me laugh and wonder what the …?

4 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,263 posts
15,560 battles

I am not sure if many of you are aware of the special features of the Steel Rat in the Twilight Battle mode. They have two consumables that come in handy in helping the team by keeping them alive. The “T” key is used to heal the team's ship with the Steel Rat rounds. The second items is the “U” key for giving teammate ships within 5 km an extra consumable. What is amazing is the players not reading the description on these items while in port.  As a result there have been interesting conversations

First noted battle

within 20 secs of the match
Me: SR, press the U key
SR: Negative
Me: so no extra consumable?
SR: I have limited number of them and it's too early to give them out
Team: hand it out
Me: So if people are getting into the lifeboats, you would hand out the life vests once your in the life boat?
SR: No answer at first, then negative was SR player's response

Supplies (U Key) was then granted 10 minutes in the match to the final three teammates surround by five of the enemy. We lost the match

Another Battle

within 5 secs of the match
SR: I don't have that many of them 
Me: So if people are getting into the lifeboats, you would hand out the life vests once your in the life boat?
SR:. The U key was pressed then

Even Another Battle

within 5 secs of the match
SR: What does that do?

The last battle to note

Me: SR stop shooting me. The heal is over.
SR: Sorry

Now what is wicked is seeing three steel rats on the same team. That's a smart team. They will roll you. I have yet to defeat a team of that setup. Twilight battles IMO is can more frustrating than Rank battles. So have any of you run into funny chats in Twilight battle mode? I would like to hear them if you got them.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,068 posts
7,935 battles

Unfortunately there are many people who just see new ships and a new game mode, and just hit Battle.

Levi - use your special on that Scarab.  Proceeds to heal.  (The other special makes your dispersion perfect)

Ghouls launching torpedoes from max range, shooting a few shots and then using soeedburst to get away.....(you should be speed bursting toward the enemy since it makes you unkillable for the duration.)

Octopus cruisers not using their heals when DDs start dying.  The heal is instant and map wide.

Now I just get in a Varg, go straight at the enemy and see what happens.  Usually 3m damage potential and since they all target me, the rest of the team gets free shots.

[RLGN]
Members
10,704 posts
19,847 battles

Everything I hear about Twilight makes me want to stay away from it just like I did the last special mode. (Whatever that thing was with the variable mod circles.)

Sign in to follow this