You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sweetsie

Ships that take to much energy to play?

35 comments in this topic

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles

I love the following, Des Memes and her sisters, all RU dds, all RN dds…..but, sometimes its just better to glide and fire between sips of scotch rather than work your rear off, I know how bad that sounds.... anyone else in my camp of scotch, or I am on an island?

Image result for scotch drink on island

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,717 posts
11,036 battles

Henri.

HE spam at long range is easy.

Having an actual impact so that your team don't collapse in 5 min, is reallllly hard.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

There are only 3 types of people in the world.  Those who love scotch, those who hate scotch, and those who don't drink at all. I fall in to those who hate scotch. Generally if I am going with hard liquor it is vodka mixed with a bit, not a lot, of some kinda fruit juice ...but each to their own.  Scotch tastes like crap to me but good bourbon is ok and good Brandy. Don't drink much anymore....down to two fifths a day. 

DDs take a lotta energy for me to play.  Have not played very many very much.  Get killed in em a lot.

Edited by dmckay

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
223 posts
3,152 battles

Le Terrible. Aptly named. I can make it work, but I feel like I need a lie down afterwards. 

RN DD'S tier 4-6. Just...ow. Again, I can make them work...

Huang Meh. (Although I've gotten better with it)

Queen E. Just...no.

Boise. But I'm getting better.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm sure I'll get a fair share of "git gud skurb" out of the above as it is.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,150 posts
9,816 battles

USN T9 CL. I came to the conclusion the only time I will take it out is if in a division with some one taking a CV into battle.

[SFROG]
Members
17 posts
3,956 battles

Chappy. You better be 75% of the way to being angled whenever you get spotted, or else you just get blapped from everywhere.  Open water gunnery is nice, but you have to turn and slow down at the same time to dodge some shells, even with SGM2. At least that's my experience with her.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
14 minutes ago, dmckay said:

There are only 3 types of people in the world.  Those who love scotch, those who hate scotch, and those who don't drink at all. I fall in to those who hate scotch. Generally if I am going with hard liquor it is vodka mixed with a bit, not a lot, of some kinda fruit juice ...but each to their own.  Scotch tastes like crap to me but good bourbon is ok and good Brandy. Don't drink much anymore....down to two fifths a day. 

DDs take a lotta energy for me to play.  Have not played very many very much.  Get killed in em a lot.

firm but fair assessment. 

• Cool 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
14 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm sure I'll get a fair share of "git gud skurb" out of the above as it is.

There is no git gud in the house of booze. Only choices. All that enter are welcome.

Members
7 posts
3,748 battles

More of a beer and bourbon kind of man myself, but I do love a good single malt on the rocks (I know, I gotta have my liquor a little watered down in my old age).

The ship that I have the single most difficulty out of, and absolutely hate with a passion, is the T9 Seattle. I have no idea why, but TO ME it feels like a downgrade to the Cleveland and is vastly inferior to the Worchester. Damn thing drives me crazy.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,392 posts
9,381 battles
42 minutes ago, dmckay said:

There are only 3 types of people in the world.  Those who love scotch, those who hate scotch, and those who don't drink at all.

One night in Viet Nam, the Catholic chaplain advised me not to rush into conversion due to my recent marriage to a Cajun gal and proceeded to "council" me. 

By midnight we had killed a new bottle of JW Red, I was a scotch drinker and still a Baptist.  :Smile_veryhappy:

edit: probably should have said I had become a scotch drinker

Edited by DocWalker
clarification
  • Cool 1

Members
7 posts
3,748 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

One night in Viet Nam, the Catholic chaplain advised me not to rush into conversion due to my recent marriage to a Cajun gal and proceeded to "council" me. 

By midnight we had killed a new bottle of JW Red, I was a scotch drinker and still a Baptist.  :Smile_veryhappy:

By the gods, this is excellent. Had a chaplain who was a teetotaler (former Marine tanker and a drunk before he went Army Chaplain's Corps) and used to hang out with all of us lushes just to remind himself how fun it was and also how utterly ridiculous drunk Soldiers can get.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,240 posts
3,063 battles
55 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I love the following, Des Memes and her sisters, all RU dds, all RN dds…..but, sometimes its just better to glide and fire between sips of scotch rather than work your rear off, I know how bad that sounds.... anyone else in my camp of scotch, or I am on an island?

Image result for scotch drink on island

Only drink the expensive stuff (Laphroaig), so not very often.

Yubari.  When WG said they removed citadels from destroyers, they forgot one.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
13 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

edit: probably should have said I had become a scotch drinker

See the source image

[WORX]
Members
4,171 posts
15,285 battles

Any tier 10 ship, Tier 10 battles really drain my energy. Its a very boring environment in where, BBs are over capable and the first one to either lose them or have lack of production as a class in a fleet you're in. Its a loss. 

In tier 10 (tier 9 only  battle is not that bad, tier 8 only battle its starts to be the above described situation) No other class ships can carry alone IF the BBs fail to do anything production regardless of game mode. however,

IF you manage to have the other two classes of ships (3 if you count the CV) pull the BBs lack of production to edge out a win, then that would be my definition of a miracle match.

But yeah iter 10 is a drain on my energy.

Did I mention the CVs are over capable at tier 10 too? Thank god for the remake now dont screw the "balance" because then is the remake 3.0

Edited by Navalpride33

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,445 posts
8,115 battles

TRB Yugumo, it’s great and really effective, but hella situational and takes way to much effort for me to play on a regular basis. 

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
416 posts
3,592 battles

Sailor relatives introduced me to a nasty combination of Johnny Walker Black Label and Coca-Cola a while back.  Anyway,   DD-driving wears me out nowadays.   Run mostly BB/battlecruisers and some CAs for the slower pace.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,651 posts
19,815 battles
1 hour ago, BrokenGamer said:

Le Terrible. Aptly named. I can make it work, but I feel like I need a lie down afterwards. 

RN DD'S tier 4-6. Just...ow. Again, I can make them work...

Huang Meh. (Although I've gotten better with it)

Queen E. Just...no.

Boise. But I'm getting better.

Surprisingly Wakeful and I get along quite well; (it feels like Gallant to me,) the 2, 3, 5, and 6 RN destroyers though; I can’t stand them.

QE? Maybe because I’ve had Warspite since 2015, it was easy to drop into Queen Elizabeth. For those who were used to the days of glacial Warspite turrets...

...QE is easy to use.

Huang He is another surprise; I don’t like to use it in PvP because the damage bites; but the Perth smoke, which I’m used to, goes a long way in PvE.

Beta Testers
1,518 posts
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Pick up a bottle of Suntory Toki and experience one heck of an amazing whiskey :)

For me cruisers take the most energy to play. Nonstop silly HE spamming and twisting hull to avoid the blarp...

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
52 minutes ago, 68W38Witchdoctor1 said:

More of a beer and bourbon kind of man myself, but I do love a good single malt on the rocks (I know, I gotta have my liquor a little watered down in my old age).

It's fine to add some water to scotch to release the complexities of aroma and taste - ice will do :)

13 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Sailor relatives introduced me to a nasty combination of Johnny Walker Black Label and Coca-Cola a while back. 

This is wrong - stop it :)

[LEGIT]
Members
1,760 posts
25,398 battles

Too true.

Leander, Fiji, Wooster, Hindenburg are all needy [edited].  But they're sure fun to play.

I really enjoy BB's, just for a more leisurely pace for more of the time than the cruisers.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

It's fine to add some water to scotch to release the complexities of aroma and taste - ice will do :)

This is wrong - stop it :)

It's been amazing to me in my life the number of people I have known or been with who drink GOOD whiskey or bourbon with Coke or Pepsi.  That's like putting mustard on a fine thick rare Prime Rib.

• Funny 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,487 posts
15,503 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Henri.

HE spam at long range is easy.

Having an actual impact so that your team don't collapse in 5 min, is reallllly hard.

ya, henri is a high maintenance lady for sure.