You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Tis the season- for spammers.

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,849 posts

Jeez- my email account is getting hammered by relentless spam from several different places.  (nothing to do with WoWS)

One is passing itself off as Fed EX, and has been spamming my box for 2 weeks now.  every day it's a FINAL NOTICE on some undelivered package.  I'm not expecting any packages, haven't ordered anything online or off, and any legitimate shipper would have returned it 2 weeks ago.   I only found this because I checked my spam folder the other day.

Another is from some suspicious address screaming, swearing, and demanding that I quit calling them, and how did I get thier number, blah blah blah.   Again, direct to the spam folder, and I ain't touching it.

A third is from a forum I used to post on a year or more ago.  Heven't been there since they updated the software, and blew up the log in for me.  I can't log in, and the forget your login? just runs me around in circles.   Now I'm getting hammered with notices of personal messages, lol.   I can't log in, so I can't read them.  Haven't posted there in over a year, and never really did much.  Who in the world would be sending me message after message now???

Whatever happened to the good old days of Nigerian money launderers, pecker enhancement ads, and faux personal messages from fake "dating" sites, lol?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,376 posts
11,316 battles
33 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Jeez- my email account is getting hammered by relentless spam from several different places.  (nothing to do with WoWS)

One is passing itself off as Fed EX, and has been spamming my box for 2 weeks now.  every day it's a FINAL NOTICE on some undelivered package.  I'm not expecting any packages, haven't ordered anything online or off, and any legitimate shipper would have returned it 2 weeks ago.   I only found this because I checked my spam folder the other day.

Another is from some suspicious address screaming, swearing, and demanding that I quit calling them, and how did I get thier number, blah blah blah.   Again, direct to the spam folder, and I ain't touching it.

A third is from a forum I used to post on a year or more ago.  Heven't been there since they updated the software, and blew up the log in for me.  I can't log in, and the forget your login? just runs me around in circles.   Now I'm getting hammered with notices of personal messages, lol.   I can't log in, so I can't read them.  Haven't posted there in over a year, and never really did much.  Who in the world would be sending me message after message now???

Whatever happened to the good old days of Nigerian money launderers, pecker enhancement ads, and faux personal messages from fake "dating" sites, lol?

The "Nigerian money launderers, pecker enhancement ads, and faux personal messages from fake "dating" sites" are still with us but at least we can get a chuckle out of those.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,376 posts
11,316 battles
8 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

20 years ago, I would have expected this, lol.   I'm just surprised anyone remembers MP.

Because of the internet they will live on forever.

The lesser known but just as strange US version of MPFC.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,673 posts
18 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said: