Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shokNgnaw

Need suggestions for best setup and use of Steel Rat.

6 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles

Just got the Steel Rat last night but haven't played it yet. Looking for suggestions for Captain skills & best way to play it. It seems to mainly be a support bote. This is what I'm thinking but welcome suggestions from other Rat drivers.

Captain Skills
1    PT
2    AR & LS
3    TA & Superintendent
4    Concealment & RL

Not sure about Radio Location. Maybe AFT instead?

How to Play the Consumables

Emergency Reserve 4 (+1 with Sup), Gives allies +1 for each consumable. Proximity requirement so it only affects alllies within 5 km. Pop immediately at spawn while all ships are in close then stay close to the Levis for heal radius or close to Octopus for the additional 10K heals?

Vapor Smoke Generator 3 (+1 with Sup) - No clear plan for this. Self survival and/or for team cloaking?

Restoration Charge 6 (+1 with Sup) - On 20s, cool down 20s. There doesn't seem to be a proximity requirement for this so I suppose just watch for allies taking focused fire and pop as needed?

[SOFOP]
Members
1,068 posts
7,935 battles

The best use of a steel rat is to buddy up with a BB, stay out of the line of fire, and keep him healed.  Torps are ok, the smoke is...weird.

Get in a group with 2 rats and a Varg and its hillarious.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,285 posts
8,762 battles
5 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Get in a group with 2 rats and a Varg and its hillarious.

Ain't that the truth?   They load you up with consumables, and it's "plow into the red guys" routine.   The ghouls line up their torp runs.   Torps incoming?   How about NO?    Shields up, take 10 torps and keep going.   And if I lose some health?  Meh...   They'll shoot me full of the good stuff.   Rinse, repeat.

But I hate it when I'm on the other team and see that.    And three of my team is behind the island.     

Time to YOLO.

Sign in to follow this