You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Z-46 - XP Machina

5 comments in this topic

[AAA]
Members
660 posts
7,948 battles

Fletcher and z46 were insane for any tier at least for me. I had monster damage games in both. Lot of 150k plus dmg games

The Gearing has a totally different playstyle especially since radar is more prevalent now and the 52 higher detection has not allowed me to put up the same damage as the 46. The rear turrets on the 46 helped me escape contact where the 52 has two front not rear. Think that’s why I like the 46

Edited by wstugamd
  • Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
51 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Fletcher and z46 were insane for any tier at least for me.

I worked at grinding up the USA dd ladder and am glad I did so, but I also appreciate the GER dd line... I hadn't played and had forgotten that the Z-46 is quite capable, now if I can learn to use it better...

[AAA]
Members
660 posts
7,948 battles
28 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I worked at grinding up the USA dd ladder and am glad I did so, but I also appreciate the GER dd line... I hadn't played and had forgotten that the Z-46 is quite capable, now if I can learn to use it better...

It’s hearsay but I like the 46 more than fletcher and I live the fletcher. Lessons learned from USN dd line apply more or less at the top tiers. But lines are hybrids but the USN are stronger in guns and the KM torp spammers. I learned to use my guns especially in smoke with hydro on the 46 I really boasted my damage per game.

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
23 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

It’s hearsay but I like the 46 more than fletcher and I live the fletcher. Lessons learned from USN dd line apply more or less at the top tiers. But lines are hybrids but the USN are stronger in guns and the KM torp spammers. I learned to use my guns especially in smoke with hydro on the 46 I really boasted my damage per game.

I started with BBs and stayed there for 5 months, then ventured into cruisers for about 6 months and only then started to play DD... I have not played the Z's very much, the Fletcher more so, but it was also a case of pushing intoT10 get the Gearing...  the hydro is a massive advantage once a capt becomes adept at duking it out with other dds and the guns are quite capable at those kind of ranges... it all depends on play style too.. I tend to be more aggressive than I should be, a lot of times it works out well, others.. well.. you do what you can.. :)   

...was talking about role of dd and how we played them today in discord... we agreed that spotting was #1 job.. then a very close mix of everything else...