You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Call_of_the_Mastodon

Should I get the Cossack?

21 comments in this topic

Members
52 posts
4,698 battles
So I have 44 guineas from the RN event, but I also got the Haida from a crate.  I am currently at the Lightning in the regular RN DD line, and I'm about to get the Jutland.  I love the British DD's, in fact I'm planning to hang on to the Lightning after I move up.  Is there any benefit to getting the Cossack, or should I let my guineas convert to silver eventually?

[HYDRO]
Members
3,192 posts
4,791 battles

If you don't have it already, there is an offer for 10 Guineas for 1$. Otherwise 6$ ain't that much either for a tier VIII premium. The new buffs she got turned her into one of the better tier VIII DDs.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
901 posts
13,842 battles

If you like the RN DD line, I highly recommend the Cossack. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I actually love playing the ship. And my Gallant captain worked quite well, which was a bonus.

Respects,

Am

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
926 posts

I am not a DD player by any means - but I love the Cossack, especially after the torp reload buff.

Realize that it is not a typical RN DD.  It is very much a gunboat, has engine boost consumable (only RN DD with one) and only one set (4 tubes) of torpedoes.

View LWM's review before making the decision however - 

[RED]
[RED]
Members
193 posts
10,720 battles

Q: Should I get the Cossack for $6?

A: Yes, yes you should.

If for no other reason than T8 Premium in the next patch the snowflake reward gets you steel.

Edited by custer_14

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,492 posts
5,599 battles

I

36 minutes ago, Call_of_the_Mastodon said:
So I have 44 guineas from the RN event, but I also got the Haida from a crate.  I am currently at the Lightning in the regular RN DD line, and I'm about to get the Jutland.  I love the British DD's, in fact I'm planning to hang on to the Lightning after I move up.  Is there any benefit to getting the Cossack, or should I let my guineas convert to silver eventually?

If you like what you've seen so far in the RN DD line, then get it. You won't regret getting Cossack. It's one of the best T8 DDs. Silver credits can be gained anytime. A good T8 premium DD for dirt cheap happens once in s blue moon.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,693 posts
15,691 battles
40 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you don't have it already, there is an offer for 10 Guineas for 1$. Otherwise 6$ ain't that much either for a tier VIII premium. The new buffs she got turned her into one of the better tier VIII DDs.

This, exactly. She is a fun ship to take into randoms. If you have Haida then you know what you lose having only one set of torpedoes. She was well worth the $1 I spent to get her.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,126 posts

$6 for a T8 Premium ?????

You know there are starving OPs going through dozens of Santa Crates -- getting only camo and flags.

And you have the nerve......

Go away !!!

• Funny 1

[ABCD3]
Members
230 posts
6,348 battles

With buying 10 Guineas for $1, could not go wrong for a tier VIII Premium DD.  Wish it was the same with WOT.

Yup, that five mega crates, only camo and flags.  

• Cool 1

Members
52 posts
4,698 battles

Thanks for the replies guys, lots of good advice here.  Looks like I'll be getting her!  I'll stick either one of the Dunkirk bros or my British Dasha in her.  Can't have too many premiums I suppose......Thanks again!

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,381 posts
14,860 battles

She is one, if not, the best tier for tier destroyer.

Premium that is.

[F1RE]
[F1RE]
Beta Testers
689 posts
16,616 battles

Get her, yes as she is definitely worth it.  While I play and like the Lightning more, I will play both of them as they are a lot of fun.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,250 posts
12,059 battles

t8 Premium will earn you 100 steel and at the cost of $6??? why NOT ???? get it now

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles

lol welp, yeah. the torps might be lacking but the guns are more than enough to make up for it. best dollar I've spent in the whole game.

Edited by Levits

Members
223 posts
1,795 battles

I missed out getting Cossack for so cheap so now I have to decide if I should spend the money on her. I absolutely adore the Tribals, but $40+ dollars is a bit much for a pixel boat I think. I almost wish they would give the RN a tier VII Tribal like Tartar or Eskimo because that would likely fit my budget more. Although doing the logical thing and allowing Haida to train RN captains is probably asking too much.

[GOFU]
Members
923 posts
9,646 battles

Its a fun ship to captain but with very little AAA.