WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,324 posts
17,187 battles

o/

[ARGSY]
Members
11,727 posts
7,526 battles

Those of us who cannot reasonably expect to get her will be parsing carefully looking for the best ways to kill her. Me? I don't think I could do this ship justice; it's no skin off my nose that she is essentially forever beyond my reach.

Good work, Mouse; once again, you have served us all well.

[BUOY]
Members
347 posts
9,698 battles

Great review, I have the Jean Bart and with the new event coming up was wondering if I should go for the Stalingrad or Burgerone first. That this ship doesn't play appreciably different from the Jean Bart in your estimation helps that decision greatly.

Also, the 'skills' image link is broken on my browser.

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,713 battles

Good review as always @LittleWhiteMouse, but I will be saving my steel and coal for something that isn't a semi-clone/copy ship of something I already have in port.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,678 posts
8,346 battles

Great review.  Looks like it could be an interesting ship to play with.

Members
414 posts
22 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Good review as always @LittleWhiteMouse, but I will be saving my steel and coal for something that isn't a semi-clone/copy ship of something I already have in port.

Agreed. Maybe if it cost half the steel the pricetag asks for it, I'd get it. But to charge more than the Stalingrad for a buffed Alsace? Nah, I think I'll pass.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,135 posts
8,464 battles
27 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

BG can overmatch stalin and moskva extremities or deck armor ?

The 25mm sections, yes.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Members
1,794 posts
9,523 battles

Well, unless the next rewardbote is something special, it's likely I'll get her after I grab the TOTALLY BALANS Stalingrad.

[DOG]
Members
631 posts
7,723 battles

I acquired the Alsace after the nerf, and I like it a lot.  I've only played 58 battles in it, but it seems to perform well most of the time.  So I'd love to get an un-nerfed version. 

[-V1-]
Members
370 posts
6,454 battles

THANKS for all the detail work you do and your great written reviews.    Written reviews are actually more valuable to me than video's, both do have their places and I do use both.   But your written ones are more detailed and I can pull my copies of them out for a quick review anytime without going to my computers.    THANKS again Little White Mouse!

[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles

Thanks for the review.  The ship turned out exactly like I thought it would.  Some real cool gimmicks, qualities, but reigned in by that awful RN / French BB protection scheme and low HP pool in Tier X BB World.

I imagine the ship to be pretty fun with MBRB.  JB is MUCH more fun than Richelieu because of the consumable.  But BG has 12 of the same 8 guns as Richelieu-class and popping MBRB at the right time must be satisfying.

Still, this thing is going to be super rare for a long time.  Most everyone I know that did all the Ranked, Clan Battles had used their Steel for Stalingrad.  BG has been out for a little bit and she's only logged 177 PVP Battles.  So very, very few have her right now.

4 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

BG can overmatch stalin and moskva extremities or deck armor ?

Or, as I can imagine, switch to HE and Spam them with 380mm HE, force DCP use, then punish with MBRB to really set the fires in.  Or hell, probably not even use MBRB.  The reload with MBM3 should be good, and with AR kicking in, she'll be firing fairly fast like JB does.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SPTR]
Members
2,272 posts
1,211 battles

+1 Miss Mouse. I wont ever get her, but It's nice to know I can Bow-tank her easily. One must ask, 15" guns @ T10? I know they're flexible with the reload booster, but still...