You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KahlDragonborn

Community Contributers have higher odds of Supers.

134 comments in this topic

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles

I've watched multiple videos of Community Contributers opening Santas crates and one in perticular whos kids each got over 5 Super Containers and each got Missouri's. I understand the crates are gambling and such but there's no way all these CC's have the RNG god looking out for them and when we spend Hundreds of dollars we don't recieve a single ship. I think Wargaming gives the CC's higher odds and some accounts that are known to spend decent money get lower odds to keep them coming back for more.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,527 posts
3,601 battles

Super Crates (containing random substitute ship)are given as place holders  in lieu of ships won that you already have in the Santa Crates If I understood correctly.   As CCs have most ( at least a lot more than most)  ships they would of course get a lot of super crates.  

Edited by RA6E_
  • Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
3,397 posts
8,397 battles

Most CCs play a lot more, meaning they get more containers. So yes, they have better odds of getting supers.

Members
113 posts
8,720 battles

Nope, i watched Jingles open his crates, didnt get anything different, or at a better rate than anybody else.

• Cool 2

Members
113 posts
8,720 battles
5 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Most CCs play a lot more, meaning they get more containers. So yes, they have better odds of getting supers.

He's talking about Santa crates, not regular in game crates.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles

No i will not get that idea out of my head as for CC's they do have more ships agreed but when each kid gets multiple SC's and each of them gets Missouri's witch the odds of happening has to be insanly low but yet it happens. Then i go and spend hundereds and don't get a SINGLE SC is just ignorant and yes before you say it i am very irrate because i did spend my hard earned money on crates and have multiple times and never said anything until now. I wouldn't say it unless i whole heartedly beleved it witch i do either my account is black listed or CC's have higher odds fact.

• Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,068 posts
7,935 battles

You really can not state anything as a fact without any evidence at all (which is basically what you are doing).  What you likely saw (assuming you actually saw anything at all and aren't just salty about not getting what you wanted and making it up) is someone who has a ton of ships already, and got super containers with replacement ships for the ones that dropped from Santa crates.  These are 100% guaranteed to drop ships, and since the accounts usually have most of the premiums, they are going to be the rare ones a VERY high percentage of the time (because they can't really be anything else - they have everything else).

Do you also assume the guys at Dude Perfect really make all those shots on the first try too?

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 3

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

You really can not state anything as a fact without any evidence at all.  Also, what you likely saw (assuming you actually saw anything at all and aren't just salty and making it up) is someone who has a ton of ships already, and got super containers with replacement ships for the ones that dropped from Santa crates.  These are 100% guaranteed to drop ships, and since the accounts usually have most of the premiums, they are going to be the rare ones a VERY high percentage of the time.

So yes, you are indeed correct in this specific scenario:  CC's with practically every ship in port, have an extremely high chance of getting a duplicate ship, and therefore they have a really high chance of being able to show a ship coming out of a super container.

These were his kids accounts not his and they did not have almost every ship at the time furthermore I am salty at the fact that i didn't get a single SC but i would not say such a thing unless i believed it to be true i have integrity. I know im coming off rude in saying what i'am saying and don't want to be insulting in anyway and yes it isn't fact even though i said it because im irrate but the odds of what happened happening are insanly low and maybe just maybe im wrong but i don't believe so after watching over 10 videos of CC's opening Santas crates.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
6,466 posts
10,762 battles

The OP is trying to say something, but all I hear is this:

giphy.gif

• Funny 4

[SOFOP]
Members
1,068 posts
7,935 battles

To be honest, with the amount of effort some of those people put into their streams and videos.....give them whatever they want.  Most of them earn it.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 2

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

The OP is trying to say something, but all I hear is this:

giphy.gif

Yes you are correct i absolutly am saying not fair. Whoever has purchased these crates can get good things from them the only thing i am stating is that i do believe the odds are skewed. Also there's no way for me to get proof or i would do anything in my power to prove myself wrong because i very much enjoy this game.

• Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
27 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

I've watched multiple videos of Community Contributers opening Santas crates and one in perticular whos kids each got over 5 Super Containers and each got Missouri's. I understand the crates are gambling and such but there's no way all these CC's have the RNG god looking out for them and when we spend Hundreds of dollars we don't recieve a single ship. I think Wargaming gives the CC's higher odds and some accounts that are known to spend decent money get lower odds to keep them coming back for more.

If a Santa crate gives you a ship you do not own, it comes in the Santa crate. If a Santa crate gives you a ship you already have, a new one is rolled until you get one you don't have and THAT crate comes in a super container.

1 minute ago, KahlDragonborn said:

Yes you are correct i absolutly am saying not fair. Whoever has purchased these crates can get good things from them the only thing i am stating is that i do believe the odds are skewed. Also there's no way for me to get proof or i would do anything in my power to prove myself wrong because i very much enjoy this game.

The Odds are not skewed, it is just that CCs have many of the ships, so when they get a ship crate, it is usually a ship they already own. I was missing 5 ships from the Santa crate list, Ashitaka, Asashio, Le Terrible, Duca degli Abruzzi and Roma. Only one of those ships came in a Santa box for being rolled the first time. The other four were rolled as something I already had, so they were rerolled until I got one I didn't have and those four came in a super container.

No shenanigans needed.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

To be honest, with the amount of effort some of those guys put into their streams and videos.....give them whatever they want.  Most of them earn it.

I understand what you are saying and agree they do earn and Wargaming should give it to them but not in a way of crates. They should never make CC's odds higher than regular player oddsand like i said i don't have direct proof but i do have Circumstantial proof. If they gave them the ships fine im all for it they have earned it by bringing in players but to raise their odds knowing other players will watch the videos then go and buy them hoping for somewhat similiar results when they will not is wrong.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

If a Santa crate gives you a ship you do not own, it comes in the Santa crate. If a Santa crate gives you a ship you already have, a new one is rolled until you get one you don't have and THAT crate comes in a super container.

The Odds are not skewed, it is just that CCs have many of the ships, so when they get a ship crate, it is usually a ship they already own. I was missing 5 ships from the Santa crate list, Ashitaka, Asashio, Le Terrible, Duca degli Abruzzi and Roma. Only one of those ships came in a Santa box for being rolled the first time. The other four were rolled as something I already had, so they were rerolled until I got one I didn't have and those four came in a super container.

No shenanigans needed.

I understand and i could like i said very well be wrong. All im saying is going off Circumstantial evidence I get no supers nothing of value and all 3 of his kids on stream get multiple SC's and all three get Missouri's not on their dad's account but theirs seems fishy im happy they rolled the ships and im happy they are happy but i do believe the Algorithem has given CC's and account associated with CC's higher odds. Yet again maybe im the only unlucky person here and i very well could be Wrong! im just going by what i have seen and the odds of witch is to happen.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Nice that we're giving the matchmaker conspiracy threads a rest for long to try out a fresh new conspiracy.

I could be wrong and never said that i was 100% right im just going by the odds of what i have seen witch to me seem completley Broken.

[R-F]
Members
1,382 posts
8,358 battles
2 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

I could be wrong and never said that i was 100% right

Your thread title makes a factual statement (that you have no evidence of).

Your first post says "there's no way" what you're seeing could be anything but manipulation.

You later use the phrase "circumstantial proof" which is kind of a riot because circumstantial evidence is BY DEFINITION not proof.

You're essentially accusing Wargaming for fraud through deception.  So that's kind of a big deal.  You admit you spent a lot of money on crates and weren't happy with the results, so you're biased whether you admit it or not.

This is just a bad thread all around and probably is not going to be around for long.

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
5 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

I understand and i could like i said very well be wrong. All im saying is going off Circumstantial evidence I get no supers nothing of value and all 3 of his kids on stream get multiple SC's and all three get Missouri's not on their dad's account but theirs seems fishy im happy they rolled the ships and im happy they are happy but i do believe the Algorithem has given CC's and account associated with CC's higher odds. Yet again maybe im the only unlucky person here and i very well could be Wrong! im just going by what i have seen and the odds of witch is to happen.

4 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

I could be wrong and never said that i was 100% right im just going by the odds of what i have seen witch to me seem completley Broken.

Well if they have most to all of the other ships, then any ship they roll will have a high chance of giving one of the rare ships.

I was missing 5 ships that I mentioned above. Say I didn't buy Missouri last Christmas for FXP, then I would be missing 6 ships, Ashitaka, Asashio, Le Terrible, Duca degli Abruzzi, Roma and Missouri. I got 6 ships out of 40 crates and one was a duplicate that gave me doubloons. So if I had not bought MO for FXP, I would have gotten Missouri out of only six ships crates and it would look like I was favored right? But since I had bought all the other ships, it wasn't favor, just the odds on only needing 6 ships.

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Your thread title makes a factual statement (that you have no evidence of).

Your first post says "there's no way" what you're seeing could be anything but manipulation.

You later use the phrase "circumstantial proof" which is kind of a riot because circumstantial evidence is BY DEFINITION not proof.

You're essentially accusing Wargaming for fraud through deception.  So that's kind of a big deal.  You admit you spent a lot of money on crates and weren't happy with the results, so you're biased whether you admit it or not.

This is just a bad thread all around and probably is not going to be around for long.

First: it is true that i only have Circumstantial evidence but i can't see Wargamings code so there's no way to get Actual proof.

Second: Yes there's no way as in the odds are astronomically low.

Third: Correct again it's not proof because there is no way to get definite proof so all i have to go on is what i can see for myself and what others can see if they look up the videos.

Fourth: I am biased which i had said but i have been biased many of times that were far worse then now, yet this is the first time i have ever said anything and even feel terriable i would have to say anything. Yes it is a big deal and that is the reason i spoke up about it.

Closing statment: Not the best thread and it's not a happy thread, i did not enjoy making this thread but i do believe it's true even without definite proof. I went by what i saw for myself and the odds of what happened happening. 

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well if they have most to all of the other ships, then any ship they roll will have a high chance of giving one of the rare ships.

This is the issue. This year they put in a subroutine that prevents duplicate payouts unless there is absolutely no alternative. While this disappoints those who wanted to mine the event for doubloons, it does have the effect of giving those people who pull multiple ship crates as many different ships as possible within the constraints of their drops. I've seen someone state they got something like NINE Gallants, which is just stupid, and I think it's right to try to prevent that.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I was missing 5 ships that I mentioned above. Say I didn't buy Missouri last Christmas for FXP, then I would be missing 6 ships, Ashitaka, Asashio, Le Terrible, Duca degli Abruzzi, Roma and Missouri. I got 6 ships out of 40 crates and one was a duplicate that gave me doubloons. So if I had not bought MO for FXP, I would have gotten Missouri out of only six ships crates and it would look like I was favored right? But since I had bought all the other ships, it wasn't favor, just the odds on only needing 6 ships.

Point in fact since i don't own as many ships as you do i would have a greater chance of getting ships yet out of 47 crates none of which were supers i got 1 ship. I don't own as many so my odds should be higher, you got 5 ships yet i only got 1 with more crates.

[TDG]
Members
40 posts
2,873 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is the issue. This year they put in a subroutine that prevents duplicate payouts unless there is absolutely no alternative. While this disappoints those who wanted to mine the event for doubloons, it does have the effect of giving those people who pull multiple ship crates as many different ships as possible within the constraints of their drops. I've seen someone state they got something like NINE Gallants, which is just stupid, and I think it's right to try to prevent that.

I understand but that doesn't mean much when they didn't have almost every ship in the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
3 minutes ago, KahlDragonborn said:

Point in fact since i don't own as many ships as you do i would have a greater chance of getting ships yet out of 47 crates none of which were supers i got 1 ship. I don't own as many so my odds should be higher, you got 5 ships yet i only got 1 with more crates.

The number of ships you own bears no relation to the number of ships you will get.