You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shokNgnaw

Blind Pig Finds an Acorn!

5 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles

Exciting game in the Twilight Battle so I have to share it here because my wife wasn't all that excited about it when I told her. Yeah, maybe I'm being an attention [edited] so you can give me crapabout that, but here's the story.

We were down to 2v2. I was driving the Scarab and team mate was a Ghoul. We were facing off with an Octopus and a Ghoul (or maybe a Steel Rat, I don't remember). I was in a close firefight with the Octopus and managed to do 93K damage with torps and guns. The red Ghoul was tossing torps at me and shooting guns but my team mate was also keeping him occupied by shooting torps and guns at him. Finally sunk the Octopus with a torp and was able to turn to the red Ghoul. In the excitement of the moment I forgot to switch to HE so wasn't doing hella damage but finally managed to ram him for the kill and the win. Whoo hoo! Not my highest-damage match but definitely the most exciting.

The cherry on top is that the victory put me over the top to get the Steel Rat. Can't wait to take it out tomorrow. So yeah, sometimes a 43% spud on your team can pull it out of the fire. 

Screen shots below, but I don't know how to do the little twirly hide-image thing.

shot-18_12.13_23_50.34-0845.thumb.jpg.5f2dcc1b7b6655848cec93e86f90562b.jpg

shot-18_12.13_23_50.39-0273-Redacted.thumb.jpg.7a61350bdf17bf0d1a36db5eac82a002.jpg

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
11,950 posts
7,605 battles
3 hours ago, shokNgnaw said:

So yeah, sometimes a 43% spud on your team can pull it out of the fire. 

This is why I don't give a Steel Rat's posterior about a fellow-player's win rate. If they derp their way to glory, good on them; if they potato and blow a guaranteed win, I will judge them on that game alone.

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is why I don't give a Steel Rat's posterior about a fellow-player's win rate. If they derp their way to glory, good on them; if they potato and blow a guaranteed win, I will judge them on that game alone.

Yep completely agree. Cause Lord knows I have made my share of game loosing mistakes over the years. But other times I know I won the game for the team!

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles
50 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Still makes for one dern hungry pig.

Exactly! Also makes some of them try that much harder. For me, it means I'm constantly thinking about how to best serve the team effort. I still make positioning mistakes, as well as other types of mistakes, but my underlying thought is how to always best serve the team, and not just try to farm the most damage. As a result, I'm seeing my survival rate going up and a little bit of positive overall stat-creep.