Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Why keep playing?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

66
[RTR]
Beta Testers
160 posts
5,032 battles

Latest update has given me CTD with critical errors, I have had maps not load forcing me to force stop and relaunch, I have had general game slowdowns for no apparent reason. Then tonight I get on hoping to get at least one of the dailies done...three hours later I have won two battles totalling less than 10% of my matches played. This was not fun, in fact, it was a huge waste of my time. I have played this game since Closed Beta and have taken breaks, but this instance tops the cake. MM is broken and they hide behind "it is working as intended." Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,864
[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles
11 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%."

I ran 55% WR before I spent even one cent on this game. I doubt this theory, if it even is one, holds and truth.

12 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, and to draw conclusions from one anecdote is rather foolish. Run a large scale test, publish the results, then you can make justified claims.

14 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

So to recap, you come here, complain, make ridiculous statements, and then go like "yeah I won‘t read any replies". May I question why you came here in the first place then? If you go to a public Forum and post you either want help, or you want attention. Given how you shut out former, I assume latter to be the case.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
745
[VW]
Members
2,599 posts
14,662 battles
14 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

Latest update has given me CTD with critical errors, I have had maps not load forcing me to force stop and relaunch, I have had general game slowdowns for no apparent reason. Then tonight I get on hoping to get at least one of the dailies done...three hours later I have won two battles totalling less than 10% of my matches played. This was not fun, in fact, it was a huge waste of my time. I have played this game since Closed Beta and have taken breaks, but this instance tops the cake. MM is broken and they hide behind "it is working as intended." Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

Go back to low tiers and figure out how to play better. It is annoying but you can come out on top in a tier 8 ship no matter the class. If you dont like it anymore move on, nobody cares.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,809
[WOLF3]
Members
20,303 posts
18,624 battles
28 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

 

I'm sorry (not really), but hearing someone tie their recent losses to their Premium running out is some of the funniest sh*t I've seen on these boards in a LONG WHILE.  And trust me when I say, there's a lot of dumb stuff on these boards, but this idea is the wackiest in a long, long time.

 

There are plenty of players here with very fancy Premium Ships, etc, and cannot buy themselves even a 45% WR.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,758
[WORX]
Members
4,171 posts
15,285 battles
25 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

Then tonight I get on hoping to get at least one of the dailies done...three hours later I have won two battles totalling less than 10% of my matches played. This was not fun, in fact, it was a huge waste of my time. I have played this game since Closed Beta and have taken breaks, but this instance tops the cake. MM is broken and they hide behind "it is working as intended." Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

^^^ What are you talking about ? MM is broken because of Over capable ships.So why would your theory be correct if that is the problem in he first place ?

If you decide to move on then I wish you well in what ever game you decide to waste time in. Take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,909
[RKLES]
Members
9,028 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

Go back to low tiers and figure out how to play better. It is annoying but you can come out on top in a tier 8 ship no matter the class. If you dont like it anymore move on, nobody cares.

That’s not what the OP is ranting about. They are ranting about the bugs I have faced off and on for a year now as well as many others, and apparently the bugs are spreading. Something has been going wrong on Wargaming’s end, and sadly if it’s not fixed it could sink WOWs, since it’s obviously spreading.

I recognize the warning signs when the bug is about to strike, and immediately force quit and reopen the game which saves time and allows me to be able to mostly play without harm from the bugs, but will says my stats do suffer a little as a result of them.

No amount of practice will fix stat damage caused by those bugs, you can take the best gamer in the world and they could lose because of the crash bugs that can hit anyone at any time, they can be that Random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,121
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,635 posts
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That’s not what the OP is ranting about. They are ranting about the bugs I have faced off and on for a year now as well as many others, and apparently the bugs are spreading. Something has been going wrong on Wargaming’s end, and sadly if it’s not fixed it could sink WOWs, since it’s obviously spreading.

I recognize the warning signs when the bug is about to strike, and immediately force quit and reopen the game which saves time and allows me to be able to mostly play without harm from the bugs, but will says my stats do suffer a little as a result of them.

No amount of practice will fix stat damage caused by those bugs, you can take the best gamer in the world and they could lose because of the crash bugs that can hit anyone at any time, they can be that Random.

I am playing the game on a system that I built ten years ago. In the two years I've played the game. I've only had a couple of minor glitches after updates, both easily fixed by running the file integrity checker. Are you, perhaps, running any mods? If you are then it's likely that they are the "bug" problem. While WG allows certain mods, it's not incumbent on them to test them for 100% compatibility with the game.

Occasionally the game is starting to act a bit "wonky" when playing a match. All the times it's done this I've found that Windows has been updating in the background. Windows updates oftentimes play havoc with systems while they are occurring. A reboot to allow the update to complete allows applications to run as they should. The next time you encounter a "bug" in WOWS, check to see what's running in the background. Also, it goes without saying that you should make sure that your system is well-maintained and malware free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I am playing the game on a system that I built ten years ago. In the two years I've played the game. I've only had a couple of minor glitches after updates, both easily fixed by running the file integrity checker. Are you, perhaps, running any mods? If you are then it's likely that they are the "bug" problem. While WG allows certain mods, it's not incumbent on them to test them for 100% compatibility with the game.

Occasionally the game is starting to act a bit "wonky" when playing a match. All the times it's done this I've found that Windows has been updating in the background. Windows updates oftentimes play havoc with systems while they are occurring. A reboot to allow the update to complete allows applications to run as they should. The next time you encounter a "bug" in WOWS, check to see what's running in the background. Also, it goes without saying that you should make sure that your system is well-maintained and malware free. 

What he said...between windows updates, apple updates and the like, there can likely be a bunch of background stuff running. My built in virus scanner loves to cause havoc. You need to keep on top of this stuff. I ran into problems with the game, then uninstalled mods, got control of background processes and added the .exe files that run my games to my virus scanner so it wouldn't continually block my gameplay. I'm not saying it's the root of your problem, just something to look into. It could be something as simple as not enough memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[RO-I]
Members
359 posts
2 hours ago, Droz1937 said:

Latest update has given me CTD with critical errors, I have had maps not load forcing me to force stop and relaunch, I have had general game slowdowns for no apparent reason. Then tonight I get on hoping to get at least one of the dailies done...three hours later I have won two battles totalling less than 10% of my matches played. This was not fun, in fact, it was a huge waste of my time. I have played this game since Closed Beta and have taken breaks, but this instance tops the cake. MM is broken and they hide behind "it is working as intended." Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

Couldn't agree more...been here a long long time myself. Its so quite bad right now, I'm wondering if 'WoWs' will be around in 6 months? Its a no fun game at this end. The fan boys and the really, really excellent players may think otherwise, I'm sure but most 'regular' players are beaten to death. No one I know personally: plays any wargaming.net games any more. Though I've read they now have 15 titles.

Last 4 times I was on NA server there were less than 2.2k players. The available population for the NA server is 981,000,000 (2018 population figures). The best I've seen on the server is hitting the 12.4 to 14.7 thousand mark (midday weekend).  I do not play the game like I did 2 years ago though. I'm house-bound with a bad back and other issues so I really had the time to play alot. I just don't care enough to want to play, now.

Salty players, bad and/or newbie type players, the ultra-aggressive player...the match-making weirdness and small rewards is unattractive. Customer service; really is unresponsive and truly can't respond in a helpful way. I feel there understand of the English language is poor.

Plus the idea this a 'team game' is crude and bizarre at the same time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
217
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,648 battles
26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I am playing the game on a system that I built ten years ago. In the two years I've played the game. I've only had a couple of minor glitches after updates, both easily fixed by running the file integrity checker. Are you, perhaps, running any mods? If you are then it's likely that they are the "bug" problem. While WG allows certain mods, it's not incumbent on them to test them for 100% compatibility with the game.

Occasionally the game is starting to act a bit "wonky" when playing a match. All the times it's done this I've found that Windows has been updating in the background. Windows updates oftentimes play havoc with systems while they are occurring. A reboot to allow the update to complete allows applications to run as they should. The next time you encounter a "bug" in WOWS, check to see what's running in the background. Also, it goes without saying that you should make sure that your system is well-maintained and malware free. 

The windows update thing is very true I've had this happen several times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
314 posts
7,077 battles

The OP has only posted 30 times ever. Given the content of the post, it seems likely he has decided to become a troll who wants to start arguments. Stop feeding him and someone please lock this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,682 posts
779 battles
3 hours ago, Droz1937 said:

Latest update has given me CTD with critical errors, I have had maps not load forcing me to force stop and relaunch, I have had general game slowdowns for no apparent reason. Then tonight I get on hoping to get at least one of the dailies done...three hours later I have won two battles totalling less than 10% of my matches played. This was not fun, in fact, it was a huge waste of my time. I have played this game since Closed Beta and have taken breaks, but this instance tops the cake. MM is broken and they hide behind "it is working as intended." Well, your intent is to cause people to lose and purchase Premium ships and premium time so that they can win "just a little more than 50%." In fact, my premium ran out last night...that is probably why I lost so many tonight. Horrible how this has become a pay to win.

 

/rant over. And notification of replies turned off. Troll if you want, but I won't see it.

Sorry for your situation with client. We have Support Subforum and Support itself to help you with fixing the issues. PM me with your WGCheck report done and attached, send also some screenshots and notes. And we'll try to find solution. 
I don't see how a player's WR may be interconnected in such conditions except simple psychology, when player tries to win in whatever it takes and forgets about elementary caution in battles. 
I have simple rule not to persist if I'm too tired. Because the results highly likely be poor. 
Sorry. This discussion doesn't look constructive enough to continue.
Locked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×