Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Nearly 50gb install size?

4 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
488 posts
1,875 battles

I deleted this game months ago but felt like giving it another shot, bit taken back by the install size, 48.9gb? That's a big download for a game that honestly only has standard graphics and very similar map textures.

Only whining as I'm in Australia and my connection is pretty slow. 10+ hours into the download and I still have 22gb remaining... D:

Some other games like Warthunder give a optional 'low res' version with reduced textures, that is not really that noticeable and its like a quarter the size which is handy for people like me with sub par internet.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
203 posts

My WOWS 45GB game folder contains 125,000 files and 24,000 folders  to present all the available ships,  maps, videos, and sounds to us for amazing gameplay.

Which part do you suggest they simplify to make you happy?

Just be happy some people laid 7000 miles of undersea fiber optic cable so you even have an internet.

• Boring 1

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,521 posts
5,743 battles

Your game folder should be only about 37 GB.  If you really have space issues on your disk, delete contents in the updates folder.

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,289 battles
1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

I deleted this game months ago but felt like giving it another shot, bit taken back by the install size, 48.9gb? That's a big download for a game that honestly only has standard graphics and very similar map textures.

Only whining as I'm in Australia and my connection is pretty slow. 10+ hours into the download and I still have 22gb remaining... D:

Some other games like Warthunder give a optional 'low res' version with reduced textures, that is not really that noticeable and its like a quarter the size which is handy for people like me with sub par internet.

Mate, haven't you got NBN yet?

I know NBN sucks, but it does give you much better download speed, when it is working properly.

Sign in to follow this