You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Avery_Al_Jones

How long do they last?

Santa crates during tax return  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think WG should sell the santa crates during tax return time?

19 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
2,111 battles

I was just wondering if the Santa crates will be for sale during tax return time? If not, Do you think it would be a good idea for WG to still sell the crates during tax return time? I know I would drop a couple hundred on crates. 

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles

Santa crates end soon after the holiday season ends. Why in the world would they sell Santa crates during a season that has nothing to do with Santa Claus?

• Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
380 posts
7,298 battles

I think what he’s trying to say is that he needs to adjust his withholding.

• Funny 1

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
4,343 battles

If they sold them up until tax day here in the U.S. they'd probably tax them at 37% or so and when you got a premium ship you'd only get 63% of it's functionality......

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,648 battles

Why?, Are they tax deductible?

Technically you can claim gambling losses.

Edited by DarkStormy
Added content
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,201 posts
7,376 battles
6 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Santa crates end soon after the holiday season ends. Why in the world would they sell Santa crates during a season that has nothing to do with Santa Claus?

I would answer that question but I have to go play the Halloween mission now...

• Funny 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,527 posts
3,601 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Reminds me of open beta in WOTs when we were still playing with Christmas trees in lieu of flags in the capture circles in like.... July!   

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles

Santa's Gifts
New Year mood is already in the air, streets and houses are being decorated with fairy lights, and people rush to the shops to buy gifts for celebration.

Bundles are available for purchase until Mon. Jan. 21 3:20 AM PT / your local time: Mon. Jan. 21 6:20 AM

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-december-2018/

So Santa Gifts are only until early morning Monday, January 21st, before Update 8.0 drops on Wednesday, Jan 23rd.

• Cool 1

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

That is a very interesting question. If I want a Nikolai and I spend money for Santa crates and I do not get one, can I claim them as gambling losses?

Members
23,173 posts
5,841 battles
9 hours ago, MikeLWX said:

I think what he’s trying to say is that he needs to adjust his withholding.

No lol, just do your taxes late.

We're terrible at saving money for Christmas, so we don't do our taxes until mid-November.

That way, we get a year's worth of baby bonus in one payment! :Smile_veryhappy:

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
19 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

That is a very interesting question. If I want a Nikolai and I spend money for Santa crates and I do not get one, can I claim them as gambling losses?

Nope, as you got something of value in the crates. :Smile_teethhappy: Good try tho. 

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

I see what you did, there.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles

Pro tip. If you get a large tax return each year you are having way to much withheld each month. Give your self a pay raise and reduce that amount yesterday.

But Paradat I like that big pay out. OK well put some money in savings each month or better yet a simple investment and at least earn some money on it over the year.

cheers.

[PVE]
Members
15,156 posts
9,949 battles
55 minutes ago, paradat said:

Pro tip. If you get a large tax return each year you are having way to much withheld each month. Give your self a pay raise and reduce that amount yesterday.

But Paradat I like that big pay out. OK well put some money in savings each month or better yet a simple investment and at least earn some money on it over the year.

cheers.

The best way to set your withholding is so you have to pay around $100 each year in taxes. That way is it not a big sum and you are not giving Uncle Sam free interest for Uncle Guido to collect.

But if you are patriotic, then you withhold a lot and let the government make interest instead of your bank account. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,239 posts
11,685 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

The best way to set your withholding is so you have to pay around $100 each year in taxes. That way is it not a big sum and you are not giving Uncle Sam free interest for Uncle Guido to collect.

But if you are patriotic, then you withhold a lot and let the government make interest instead of your bank account. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yep I like to be as close to zero as possible. As long as I am under 1,000 I don't really mind to much but if I pop over that I change withholdings right away.