You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hurlbut

West Virginia '44 News

21 comments in this topic

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
3,047 posts
2,457 battles

What an interesting development on this Thursday Night. 
https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176951-west-virginia-44-released-for-wows-blitz/

We have West Virginia 1944 now but it is only for WoWS Blitz. That was rather a very surprising move considering that there was a lot of clamoring over the original West Virginia ship not being the 1944 on the PC version.
It feel like we were not given enough information about this. Will there be any news about the development for West Virginia '44 on PC WoWS?
What a bolt from the blue!

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

My dude, please allow me to clear a few things up for you, and anyone else. That WV '44 resembles the ship we might get one day in name only. The reasons for this are: Different platform, I mean, seriously you don't get much more different than PC to mobile; Due to it being a different platform, the technologies involved are extremely different and this limits what you can do; And due to all that, the overall modeling and performance have to be radically different.

That WV '44 would be the equivalent of, like, a T1 or maybe 2 ship in WoWs PC. Sure, that game has all these pretty numbers for ship stats, but they only apply to that one game. 

This is no bolt from the blue, we will most likely get WV '44 on PC one day, MM is not rigged against you and only you, no-one is out to get anyone, except for the space aliens, which are actually real. Maybe. #freemulderandscully

I shall now go get ready for clan battles! : D

• Cool 2

Members
844 posts
3,796 battles
29 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

:Smile_facepalm:

My dude, please allow me to clear a few things up for you, and anyone else. That WV '44 resembles the ship we might get one day in name only. The reasons for this are: Different platform, I mean, seriously you don't get much more different than PC to mobile; Due to it being a different platform, the technologies involved are extremely different and this limits what you can do; And due to all that, the overall modeling and performance have to be radically different.

That WV '44 would be the equivalent of, like, a T1 or maybe 2 ship in WoWs PC. Sure, that game has all these pretty numbers for ship stats, but they only apply to that one game. 

This is no bolt from the blue, we will most likely get WV '44 on PC one day, MM is not rigged against you and only you, no-one is out to get anyone, except for the space aliens, which are actually real. Maybe. #freemulderandscully

I shall now go get ready for clan battles! : D

What are you talking about?

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,538 posts
7,560 battles

Considering how WoWs Blitz also has Ise in her BBV configuration, and since then we did not have any announcement regarding Ise in WoWs (same for a Dido class ship), I don't really see a reason for why WV44 should be sokmething special now.

WoWs Blitz and WoWs are two seperate games. I recommend that you don't get that part mixed up.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[UFFA]
Members
1,608 posts
68 battles

1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

#weevee44gate

Which will snowball and result in a USN second battleship line coming out before an Italian tech tree knowing my luck. :cap_fainting:

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,206 battles

WoWs Blitz is a completely seperate game with a different idea of balance between itself and PC. Just because it was added to Blitz doesn't mean that WG is shafting the playerbase on PC on purpose...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,975 battles

And starting another shipfest like what was done with Alabama is the guaranteed way to destroy any chance of a decent WV'44, after WG already mentioned in past Q&As that while they bowed to petulant players over Alabama, they don't intend to be as nice the second time. Especially if it results in the same trollish behavior such as hit-lists and spambotting the Devs.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SVF]
Members
1,180 posts
1,601 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

And starting another shipfest like what was done with Alabama is the guaranteed way to destroy any chance of a decent WV'44,

I'm not holding my breath they'll ever make WV44 for the PC version.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,276 posts
8,747 battles
3 hours ago, TitanicMan2 said:

What are you talking about?

It looked pretty clear to me. Well, except for when I started in on space aliens, that just sort of came from nowhere. About the ship, however, I was dead on and clear.

I love how people downvote facts.

• Boring 1

[CHASE]
Members
4,565 posts
12,069 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

#weevee44gate

Still not as bad as Waa I want my Murmie when the game went live from beta

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles
21 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

Still not as bad as Waa I want my Murmie when the game went live from beta

Wasn't it the Marblehead debacle?

[CHASE]
Members
4,565 posts
12,069 battles
2 hours ago, Seraphil said:

Wasn't it the Marblehead debacle?

Murmansk. Its why I said they were all crying for their Murmie

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,909 posts
6 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

And starting another shipfest like what was done with Alabama is the guaranteed way to destroy any chance of a decent WV'44, after WG already mentioned in past Q&As that while they bowed to petulant players over Alabama, they don't intend to be as nice the second time. Especially if it results in the same trollish behavior such as hit-lists and spambotting the Devs.

Yes, because punishing your customers that want to give you enough money to equal or exceed a triple A title is horrible. NA is their smallest server across all 3 games but is consistently their largest well of money to draw from. Disrespect your whales at your own risk.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Alpha Tester
321 posts
7,485 battles
3 hours ago, TornadoADV said:

Yes, because punishing your customers that want to give you enough money to equal or exceed a triple A title is horrible. NA is their smallest server across all 3 games but is consistently their largest well of money to draw from. Disrespect your whales at your own risk.

Sad.

Members
2,081 posts
78 battles
3 hours ago, TornadoADV said:

You're wrong if you think NA is the largest spender among the servers.

I cant recall it atm, but that goes to Asia or RU server.

[KILL]
Members
311 posts
4,051 battles

Well Atleast wows blitz has followed with the same ships to tier, so them releasing it at t7 gives us an idea of where our West Virginia 44 will be in tiers

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I realize they are different games, but jesus, considering all the hype around the WV 41 vs 44 it just seems in really poor taste that they would have called in the WV 44, instead of just the WV or WV B or something like that.

• Boring 1

Members
844 posts
3,796 battles
17 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It looked pretty clear to me. Well, except for when I started in on space aliens, that just sort of came from nowhere. About the ship, however, I was dead on and clear.

I love how people downvote facts.

He only said that with WV '44 coming into WOWS blitz that WV'44 could be coming soon into PC WOWs.

You were saying nonsense

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

Wargaming is completely tone deaf to the NA market when it comes to Premiums and marketing.

• Boring 1

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,909 posts
On 12/14/2018 at 6:14 AM, RyuuohD_NA said:

You're wrong if you think NA is the largest spender among the servers.

I cant recall it atm, but that goes to Asia or RU server.

On a per person basis? Nobody even comes remotely close to the NA server.

Members
2,081 posts
78 battles
24 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

On a per person basis? Nobody even comes remotely close to the NA server.

Maybe so, but sales in NA is still lower than Asia or RU. Meaning that more players that spend a little > few players that spend a lot. 

And I saw somewhere that this is in part due to the anime collabs, which earned really well.