Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

When WoWS sponsored Youtube content doesn't suck

21 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
20,912 posts
14,539 battles

So WoWS sponsored content has not always been a great success on Youtube. There've been some hilarious mistakes presented as 'facts' in some WoWS sponsored content.

But great was my surprise when a Youtuber I've been subscribed to for years and who generally is very well informed about the things he talks about announced at the beginning of his most recent video that he was sponsored by WoWS.

Yeah he rambles on quite a bit. He tends to do that. It's part of his charm.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,165 posts
4,785 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

So WoWS sponsored content has not always been a great success on Youtube. There've been some hilarious mistakes presented as 'facts' in some WoWS sponsored content.

But great was my surprise when a Youtuber I've been subscribed to for years and who generally is very well informed about the things he talks about announced at the beginning of his most recent video that he was sponsored by WoWS.

Generally very well informed seems fitting. Now I remembered the whole "Bren vs Spandau" debacle that happened a couple of years ago :Smile-_tongue: .

That said, been a sub for quite a while, Lindy is quite fun and covers from ancient to modern history equally well most of the time.

Definitely worth a watch :Smile_honoring:.

Edited by warheart1992

[HINON]
Supertester
20,912 posts
14,539 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Now I remembered the whole "Bren vs Spandau" debacle that happened a couple of years ago :Smile-_tongue: .

Generally. :) He's also very strongly opinionated and very 'Britain first'. Like any youtuber presenting 'facts', apply some salt to the facts before consuming :Smile_Default:

He has a real talent for storytelling, imo.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
4,776 posts
4,623 battles

I especially enjoyed his muzzle brake video, tank platoon video, and definitely the fire arrow video. He can be very funny at times when rambling in front of the camera. 

[WDS]
Members
1,705 posts
8,677 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Generally. :) He's also very strongly opinionated and very 'Britain first'. Like any youtuber presenting 'facts', apply some salt to the facts before consuming :Smile_Default:

He has a real talent for storytelling, imo.

He does have a real talent for storytelling love the way he rambles on . Looks like he just got out bed also love the British accent enjoyed that .

[MIA]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,448 posts
7,789 battles

LindyBeige is definitely great been a few years sub myself

[WGA]
Administrator
192 posts
263 battles

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on this partnership!

Let us know, if you follow any other big channels with relevant content, so we could reach out to them as well.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
9,370 posts
4,243 battles

Lindybeige!  I'll listen to him prattle on about just about anything.

[WGA]
Administrator
192 posts
263 battles

I was also super excited by this video, which we not only sponsored financially, but also participated in production on USS Iowa:

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles
5 hours ago, Boyarsky said:

I was also super excited by this video, which we not only sponsored financially, but also participated in production on USS Iowa:

I think I've watched my kid play a similar match on COD (I think it was on a yacht though).

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,260 posts
15,468 battles
Lindybeige - Love his passion for history.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,930 posts
4,565 battles
On 12/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, Boyarsky said:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on this partnership!

Let us know, if you follow any other big channels with relevant content, so we could reach out to them as well.

Have you guys tried reaching out to Indy Neidell?  He's the man who did the fabulous Great War channel on YouTube and is now working through World War II.  He has highlighted a few naval engagements in the past, but maybe he can do more with a sponsorship.

Feature History could be an interesting choice since you guys got a lot of the big history YouTube channels (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHdluULl5c7bilx1x1TGzJQ/featured)

History Buffs can possibly review another good historical naval film with a sponsorship since he mostly takes apart history films (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggHoXaj8BQHIiPmOxezeWA)

EDIT: Oh!  I forgot about Drachinifel.  He runs a channel that is specifically about warships, so his viewership is already interested in naval warfare - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4mftUX7apmV1vsVXZh7RTw

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

Have you guys tried reaching out to Indy Neidell?  He's the man who did the fabulous Great War channel on YouTube and is now working through World War II.  He has highlighted a few naval engagements in the past, but maybe he can do more with a sponsorship.

Feature History could be an interesting choice since you guys got a lot of the big history YouTube channels (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHdluULl5c7bilx1x1TGzJQ/featured)

History Buffs can possibly review another good historical naval film with a sponsorship since he mostly takes apart history films (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCggHoXaj8BQHIiPmOxezeWA)

Indy Neidell's stuff is most excellent and very entertaining. This is a great suggestion by Yavuz and it would be advertising money spent well. The kinds of people who watch Indy's stuff are probably the age group and mind set of our target audience. I would be it would be a good spot to advertise all the Wargaming titles IMHO. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,930 posts
4,565 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Indy Neidell's stuff is most excellent and very entertaining. This is a great suggestion by Yavuz and it would be advertising money spent well. The kinds of people who watch Indy's stuff are probably the age group and mind set of our target audience. I would be it would be a good spot to advertise all the Wargaming titles IMHO. 

Thanks!  Indy has been contracted by game companies before (he made the badges for Battlefield 1) and makes something as big as WW1 both interesting and straight-to-the-point without watering down the nuances of the conflict.  He's doing a good job with WW2 as well, though he just kind of started.

[WOLF9]
Members
9,370 posts
4,243 battles
On 12/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, Boyarsky said:

So how many guys were killed nerfed in the making of that video?  Just off the top of my head, I'd estimate 150.  :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this