You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Missouri vs Musashi credit payouts

43 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,505 posts
8,058 battles

Two games I've played while being off work, neither are spectacular. Both ships running every single credit boosting signal, and the For Meritorious service camo that give +50% credits. It's HOW you play that makes more money then WHAT you play. Those crazy high credit Missouri games are a combo of WHAT your playing and HOW your playing. I think an average BB player will average more in a Musashi honestly, I think other people will agree with that... just from damage farming random ships in general.

Do not blow hundreds of dollars to get a ship that doesn't REALLY, in the real world, make much more money then a Musashi. Yes, there are exceptions and occasional mouth gaper games... Like when the stars align and you kill a bunch of potato DD's and win. But the real world doesn't give you that opportunity very often. Missouri and Musashi both overpen cruisers constantly, you get your fastest and easiest damage on other BB's. So, if you want the best average credit earner, just get the Musashi and farm BB's and targets of opportunity. If you do that, and are semi aggressive as to influence the match and win more often then not... There's your damn good average net credits. Missouri can't punish other BB's like Musashi.

Normally I wouldn't have made this thread, because there's a zillion people on here that know this... And there's a couple other Missouri threads drooling on right now. But I just wanted to highlight how net credits can vary. That Musashi game was a loss and I made almost as much credits as the Missouri game, I had almost twice as much damage in the Missouri game AND I won.

EJ

shot-18.12.13_13.54.15-0842.jpg

shot-18.12.13_13.54.29-0324.jpg

shot-18.12.13_13.58.02-0509.jpg

shot-18.12.13_14.58.04-0671.jpg

shot-18.12.13_14.58.12-0871.jpg

shot-18.12.13_14.58.15-0004.jpg

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles

Well, I have made over a million credits with Missouri in Co-op no less than 4-5 times. I have never broke 700K in Co-op with Musashi.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
20,291 posts
11,291 battles

Over all the Missouri is the credit printer but the Mushasi does well in that department.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,263 battles

Let's see, you did 97k in Missouri across 4 BBs, and 2 cruisers with only 2 being equal tiers and you got one tier 7.

The 58k in Musashi across 3 bbs (well two really since you did squat on the GK) 2 cruisers and one DD. Two are equal tier and one being tier 10 and a DD at that too.

Your quality of damage was more valuable in the Musashi game than the Missouri. Nothing strange or surprising there.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
9 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well, I have made over a million credits with Missouri in Co-op no less than 4-5 times. I have never broke 700K in Co-op with Musashi.

Never made a mil in Missou that I recall, either mode.

I might have in some campaign task pre-Halsey; but apparently it wasn’t significant enough a game to promote remembrance.

[BS]
Members
1,505 posts
8,058 battles
4 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Let's see, you did 97k in Missouri across 4 BBs, and 2 cruisers with only 2 being equal tiers and you got one tier 7.

The 58k in Musashi across 3 bbs (well two really since you did squat on the GK) 2 cruisers and one DD. Two are equal tier and one being tier 10 and a DD at that too.

Your quality of damage was more valuable in the Musashi game than the Missouri. Nothing strange or surprising there.

Define valuable... If you look at the replays, I barely effected the battle in the Musashi... I basically just pestered the Donskoi as he chased me while i was forced to kite. In the missouri game I effected the battle a lot more.

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Over all the Missouri is the credit printer but the Mushasi does well in that department.

Never really done well in Missouri; do better in Massachusetts. Musashi as well.

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,209 battles

For the record, I have credit earning records for 129 Missouri battles and 128 Musashi battles in Randoms.  The median net of just the base (with premium) reduced by the post-battle costs is 195K credits for Missouri versus 158K credits for Musashi.  The best result for this measure is 506K vs 484K, respectively.  Note that this is before any credit earning modifiers (other than premium time) and includes service cost reducing modifiers.

I only have 1 record from Co-op for Missouri which netted 186K credits which is better then the median value I have for Musashi of 49K credits.

Musashi is good enough that I would just get her before spending a lot of money trying to get Missouri.  I have Missouri, so I can understand why someone would want this ship.  I run this ship when I need credits.  I run Musashi if I need a win or XP as I perform better with that ship.  (And I get credits while doing so.)

Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never really done well in Missouri; do better in Massachusetts. Musashi as well.

I actually do better in Iowa when we don't consider the earnings.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,951 posts
2,812 battles
12 minutes ago, paradat said:

Plus

radar GIF

I get much more use out of Musashi's spotter planes.

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
4 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I may actually do better in Colorado than Missou.

The standard battleships and I seem to get along; the fast battleships not so much; (weirdly, North Carolina and Missouri are meh, but Alabama and Mammie I d well with.)

I don’t have Iowa, but surprised myself and did unexpectedly well with Montana in one of the CV rework beta tests.

[RLGN]
Members
10,641 posts
19,797 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Same here. If nothing else they let you spot someone on the other side of terrain.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,209 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I may actually do better in Colorado than Missou.

The standard battleships and I seem to get along; the fast battleships not so much; (weirdly, North Carolina and Missouri are meh, but Alabama and Mammie I d well with.)

I don’t have Iowa, but surprised myself and did unexpectedly well with Montana in one of the CV rework beta tests.

I unexpectedly enjoyed the grind through Colorado.  I bought Alabama after finishing that grind, and then bought Missouri.  I think part of the reason I do better in the Iowa is do to it being the second USN BB I got run at Tier 9.  And I really enjoy Montana.

I only recently got Massachusetts, so am just getting used to her.  I've been quite happy so far.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Hey don't get me wrong I love Musashi. But Missouri is pretty special. I have both. Like both.

[PVE]
Members
751 posts
5,916 battles

Missouri makes more credits than anything else hands down, but how often does that difference matter?

I am pretty sure that I could earn enough credits with my Alabama if I played it more often. I ground up enough FXP to where I didn't spend too much money on it (less than buying a Kii) so I got a great value. IMO it is not worth buying enough crates for though, but we each have our own measure of value.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles
2 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

He’s right. The server averages 20k more damage per game in Mush than MO. That makes up for a lower credit coefficient.

Depends on what the damage is done to. If you do 20K more damage in a game with Musashi but it is all or mostly to BB's while in the Missouri you do less damage (by 20K) but it includes damage to DD's and Cruisers you will earn more in Missouri. You can also add tiers to it. Do 20K more damage in Musashi but to lower tier ships while your lesser damage was done to same or higher tier and again Missouri pays more.  Damage matters but so does what it was done to.

Missouri makes more period. It has the highest credit payout for what you did with it of any ship in the game. So the only way to make more in another ship is to have a better game because if everything is equal no ship in the game can match it. So every time people say X ship earns as well or better than Missouri they are wrong. It can't, if again. all things are equal. A player may do better in a ship X than Missouri and thus make more credits in it than they can in Missouri but it doesn't mean ship X actually out earns Missouri.

[BS]
Members
1,505 posts
8,058 battles

Musashi by nature has more "match sway" then the Missouri, and higher average damage. it can bridge the coefficient gap almost completely I bet without having to expend significantly more effort then the Missouri.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,375 posts
6,263 battles
4 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Define valuable... If you look at the replays, I barely effected the battle in the Musashi... I basically just pestered the Donskoi as he chased me while i was forced to kite. In the missouri game I effected the battle a lot more.

You had more high tier targets in the Musashi than what you did in the Missouri. Also you did 5k on a Gearing which is roughly 25% of its total hit points while being a tier 10 plus you got a kill on it.

Your damage on the BBs in the Missouri isn't worth a lot compared to a DD and a cruiser.

Now let's say that Musashi game was for the Missouri, then the credit earned on it would be about 470k credits base on that defeat compared to Musashi's 352k if my math and assumption is right.

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,209 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Missouri makes more period. It has the highest credit payout for what you did with it of any ship in the game. So the only way to make more in another ship is to have a better game because if everything is equal no ship in the game can match it. So every time people say X ship earns as well or better than Missouri they are wrong. It can't, if again. all things are equal. A player may do better in a ship X than Missouri and thus make more credits in it than they can in Missouri but it doesn't mean ship X actually out earns Missouri.

Very true.

I perform by all other measures better in Musashi, and I have many days when I earn more there as well.  However, as shown in the averages I posted, I still earn more with Missouri.

Members
1,482 posts
8,618 battles
4 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

valuable is pretty easy to define.  Doing damage to same/ higher tier ships is worth more than lower tiers.  Doing 10k to DDs is worth more than 10k to BBs.(think more percentage based when you want to get an idea what the rewards will be.   10k can be half a DDs health while only 10% or so on many BBs)   When it comes to xp, credits and damage, it has nothing to do with how valuable the damage was to winning or losing the game when it dishes out the rewards.(now winning makes you earn more than losing) just too many variables to do more than reward going off basic info. 

[BS]
Members
1,505 posts
8,058 battles
55 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

valuable is pretty easy to define.  Doing damage to same/ higher tier ships is worth more than lower tiers.  Doing 10k to DDs is worth more than 10k to BBs.(think more percentage based when you want to get an idea what the rewards will be.   10k can be half a DDs health while only 10% or so on many BBs)   When it comes to xp, credits and damage, it has nothing to do with how valuable the damage was to winning or losing the game when it dishes out the rewards.(now winning makes you earn more than losing) just too many variables to do more than reward going off basic info. 

this is exactly why the musashi can bridge the credit gap by doing more damage with not much more effort, you guys keep proving my point LOL

[WOLF3]
Members
20,279 posts
18,607 battles
6 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Your'e probably happy that Iowa is about to get better rudder shift on top of an improved Repair Party.  The Tech Tree USN BBs are getting at the bare minimum, those 2 buffs.  NY in Tier V is getting extra (she really needed help).

[PVE]
Members
8,700 posts
15,521 battles
11 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Musashi by nature has more "match sway" then the Missouri, and higher average damage. it can bridge the coefficient gap almost completely I bet without having to expend significantly more effort then the Missouri.

You keep going by "damage" as the factor here and fail to account for what the damage is/was done too.  You can do significantly more damage in Musashi to targets that don't reward as well than you do in Missouri where you do your damage to high value targets and still not make as much. And, again, as I already said when the games are equal it's not even close; Missouri will out pay Musashi every time. 

You are equating paydays with a ship you do really well in with, apparently, one you don't, and somehow think that means the later pays as well as or something?

You can not escape the simple fact that in WOWS, at this time, there is NO ship that pays as well as Missouri. It has the single highest base credit multiplier in the game and nothing else comes close. So again, you might be able to earn more in ship X than you can in Missouri but that is only due to better games in ship X for you. If you had those same exact games in Missouri the payout would be much higher than it is in ship X.

Someone could make more credits in a game in just about any ship at T9 than they can in Missouri if they don't play well in it (ie; Missouri). It doesn't mean that ship pays better. It means they play it better and nothing more.

Your argument in favor of Musashi comes down to effectiveness with the ships and actually has nothing to do with payout because Missouri pays better is the bottom line.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1