You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MikeDSp

TKers

63 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles

This isn't going to be one of those cry about it, but I do find it funny when they caught and then players say why or call theme out for it that it is always someone's else's fault for it. I mean the amount of excuses that are used I never seen so many when they called for, for that excuse as it is an excuse they go for another one it seems to be a area they reach for I swear. I also happen to notice that is a few clans and members of those clans that constantly do it over and over and over again wonder why. But the excuses I have that are always used they drove into my Torpedoes, I say no they didn't you put fish in the water (fish a Navy Mans term for Torpedoes) while allies where in range of theme or on a course that was between you and the enemy, or they ran into my shells I say, no they didn't you where firing at an enemy ship with allies to close and don't understand your guns accuracy at all. Does anyone else seen or heard of other excuses used.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles

I was in a game where a guy admitted he did it on purpose, because the other guy was "being a jerk and kill stealing."

I found someplace else to be on the map.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I was in a game where a guy admitted he did it on purpose, because the other guy was "being a jerk and kill stealing."

lol well that is one player that actually admitted it was his fault, killing a player for being a jerk isn't good worse I had was players threaten my life cause I refuse to help theme cause they team kill.

[SALVO]
Members
20,935 posts
21,039 battles

I got TK'd 2-3 weeks ago by a Yamato when I was in a DD (my Lightning, I think, but not certain).  I was on very low health and was spotting an enemy DD that was FAR healthier than I was.  The Yammy was demanding that I help him, which I was trying to do.  I was trying to get my torpedoes off before opening fire with my guns, because I *knew* that the moment I started shooting, I was probably dead.  So I wanted my fish in the water first.  Sounds logical, right?  Well, the moron in the Yammy didn't like that I wasn't shooting when HE demanded I do so, so he TK'd me, and of course, we lost.  Bleeping moron.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I take screenshots of that kind of nonsense and send it in.

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles
5 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

lol well that is one player that actually admitted it was his fault, killing a player for being a jerk isn't good worse I had was players threaten my life cause I refuse to help theme cause they team kill.

I play coop, and the salty talk stops a little short of direct threats. 

Although I had one CV player getting a little bent everyone went wide and let the little toasters come straight at him.

Good thing I was driving the St. Louis :cap_rambo:

[WOLFG]
Members
5,227 posts
3,049 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I take screenshots of that kind of nonsense and send it in.

I should have, but I was too busy being someplace else.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I play coop, and the salty talk stops a little short of direct threats. 

Although I had one CV player getting a little bent everyone went wide and let the little toasters come straight at him.

Good thing I was driving the St. Louis :cap_rambo:

Had a team do that to me once split and let theme at me not for TK or anything just cause they thought since I was a sposide bad CV joky that I deserved funny thing is I walked away 500 000 plus richer and 8 kills in my belt lol.

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,729 battles

Lol I once saw a zao team kill a gearing from full health to zero at the start of the match for not spotting. Literally just 1 minutes into the game.

Needless to say that stupi zao got pink and reported by the whole team both sides which made him orange.

Edited by lungiwear

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
4 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

At least you have the consolation of knowing that many players believe team damage is absolutely necessary to keep the game from devolving into total chaos.

No it wouldn't devolve into total chaos,  many might take advantage of it don't get me wrong but it wouldn't devolve into total chaos.

[SALVO]
Members
20,935 posts
21,039 battles
Just now, MikeDSp said:

No it wouldn't devolve into total chaos,  many might take advantage of it don't get me wrong but it wouldn't devolve into total chaos.

I think that the concern is that without team damage, players would be willing to fire their torpedoes in the general direction of team mates in a brawl, because they'd know that any of their torps that hit a friendly wouldn't go damage that team mate, and thus wouldn't cause them to turn pink.

I'm thinking that there might be a compromise here.  Have all friendly fire damage reflect back on the ship that fired the shells or torps that hit a friendly.  This way, the team mate wouldn't be paying the price for the player's indiscretions, but the firing player would.  I'm sure that there may be ways that this could be abused, but isn't the current system abused at times as well?  It seems like the best way to deal with team damage is to simply reflect 100% of the damage back onto the ship that fired the weapons that hit a friendly.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,497 posts
10,863 battles

Hit someone with my torps from a Zao...didn't even know it until I got the WG notice that its time to be Pink for two days....still can't figure out how I did it...ah well.

• Angry 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles

There are more DDs in the game now that fire 100 torps per salvo. Long range torps also.  In many matches I am watching out for friendly torps as much as enemies...it can get crazy when there are like 4 DDs per side in a match.  Water full of torps.  Lotta "accidental" torping these days being done by players who think it is on you to watch out for their friendly torps.  It's on YOU.  NO..it is not! It's on them to be cool and responsible. My 2 cents.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
3 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Hit someone with my torps from a Zao...didn't even know it until I got the WG notice that its time to be Pink for two days....still can't figure out how I did it...ah well.

You know ho w you did it and you know how it happened you put Torpedoes in the water with teammate ships between you and the enemy.

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

There are more DDs in the game now that fire 100 torps per salvo. Long range torps also.  In many matches I am watching out for friendly torps as much as enemies...it can get crazy when there are like 4 DDs per side in a match.  Water full of torps.  Lotta "accidental" torping these days being done by players who think it is on you to watch out for their friendly torps.  It's on YOU.  NO..it is not! It's on them to be cool and responsible. My 2 cents.

100 percent agree with you it isn't your job to watch for there carelessness it is there's.

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that the concern is that without team damage, players would be willing to fire their torpedoes in the general direction of team mates in a brawl, because they'd know that any of their torps that hit a friendly wouldn't go damage that team mate, and thus wouldn't cause them to turn pink.

I'm thinking that there might be a compromise here.  Have all friendly fire damage reflect back on the ship that fired the shells or torps that hit a friendly.  This way, the team mate wouldn't be paying the price for the player's indiscretions, but the firing player would.  I'm sure that there may be ways that this could be abused, but isn't the current system abused at times as well?  It seems like the best way to deal with team damage is to simply reflect 100% of the damage back onto the ship that fired the weapons that hit a friendly.

This would work but not only do the damage but charge theme full price to repair your ship after match, I also say once shame on you, twice you have been removed from that play mode for 24 hours or something more extensive for repeat players of the issue.

Members
4,729 posts
8,233 battles
5 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

100 percent agree with you it isn't your job to watch for there carelessness it is there's.

Ya.  But I have had a couple of exchanges with some torping jerks on this forum that were saying crap like it's not their fault if they hit ya cause you were not alert. Crap like that. From players shooting them from BEHIND you. :Smile_facepalm:  It really messes up your play when you gotta worrry bout all those friendly torps coming from behind you while at the same time avoiding enemy torps.  Can get crazy.

Edited by dmckay

Members
23,149 posts
5,841 battles

Let off some torps, then let off another launcher about 10 seconds later. Friendly DD thought the first salvo was it, and pulled level with me just in time to catch 3 torps from the second salvo.

Luckily, saturation kicked in, I apologised, and he survived the match. Ditched the pink in the next 3 Randoms.

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Ya.  But I have had a couple of exchanges with some torping jerks on this forum that were saying crap like it's not their fault if they hit ya cause you were not alert. Crap like that. From players shooting them from BEHIND you. :Smile_facepalm:

yeah they are out there don't me wrong just another excuse they have come up with to kill there own team

[SALVO]
Members
20,935 posts
21,039 battles
4 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I've done this before, i.e. hit a friendly with torpedoes that I didn't even know was there.  I think that once I hit a friendly I didn't even see, even though he was right in front of me.  Why didn't I see him?  Because he was directly in line with the enemy ship I was aiming at, and the friendly's over-ship info had blended into a big pile of other ships' over-ship info.  I literally did not see him.  It's not that I wanted to hit him, or was trying to thread a needle with my torps.  I did NOT see him in the mess of data that was in that spot on the screen (and the mini-map was no help, as I recall).  And since it was the sort of situation where one had to make split second decisions, I launched my torps and hit him, and even then didn't realize it immediately.  I think that I only discovered that I'd hit a friendly when I happened to look in chat and saw the pink team damage message and I'm going "what the eff, how did I hit a friendly? There was no one there!"  But he was still alive and I finally was able to pick him out of the mess.

The moral of the story is that sometimes crap happens, no matter how hard you try to do the  right thing.  Sometimes you don't notice the friendly.  Sometimes you make an unfortunate split second decision.  Crap happens.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Let off some torps, then let off another launcher about 10 seconds later. Friendly DD thought the first salvo was it, and pulled level with me just in time to catch 3 torps from the second salvo.

Luckily, saturation kicked in, I apologised, and he survived the match. Ditched the pink in the next 3 Randoms.

well you knew he was there and between you and the enemy ships so why you put torps in the water with a friendly between you and the enemy weather the first missed or not isn't his job it is yours to make sure.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,497 posts
10,863 battles
12 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

You know ho w you did it and you know how it happened you put Torpedoes in the water with teammate ships between you and the enemy.

That is making a LOT of assumptions.  You do know that people can cross into the path of a torp and not even be in the field of vision (torp vision)  You DO know that right?  Hit two teammates a few weeks ago  from the same ship different battles...guess what ship?  the Abruzzi, and with 56 knot speed torps, and 12k range a lot of stuff can happen....