You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Suggest a new game mode that would be more fun

47 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts

the reason this game creates lots of frustration and less fun is, once you get sunk, it's over, there's no "revenge", and players are scared and stay back, lots of salt and toxic gaming environment.

how about a new arcade mode that after you get sunk, after a 30 sec timeout, you respawn and back to battle, and have your revenge. since getting sunk is not such a big deal, players will be more courageous and battle will be more fierce and fun

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WOLFC]
Members
1,391 posts
9,381 battles

If you want a real arcade mode just eliminate stats (for that mode), hold it on smaller maps, throw in some crazy powerful ships with god level consumables ...

and, oh, wait a sec ... :cap_wander:

download.jpg

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles

For me it isn't getting sunk it is the fact players never help due to something like I don't know a BB getting hit with shells and running in the corner mainly due to the over exaggerated repair costs in the already available arcade mode of play that is ridiculous. Also the pandering to PVP reducing everything and over rewarding anything that gets me mad if they stopped treating the arcade player base so bad things be better and happier.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts
2 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

For me it isn't getting sunk it is the fact players never help due to something like I don't know a BB getting hit with shells and running in the corner mainly due to the over exaggerated repair costs in the already available arcade mode of play that is ridiculous. Also the pandering to PVP reducing everything and over rewarding anything that gets me mad if they stopped treating the arcade player base so bad things be better and happier.

the reason bb goes to corner is because he only got 1 life to spare, if he can come back after death, i don't know anyone would be so scared to hide anywhere

the reason i love world of warcraft battleground so much is, you are not afraid of dying, you constantly give all you have to win for the team

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

I think it would be cool in COOP to pick three ships, cue up and battle. The battles would last a little longer and you could get a lot more XP and credits.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts
2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I think it would be cool in COOP to pick three ships, cue up and battle. The battles would last a little longer and you could get a lot more XP and credits.

how the game decides win/loss or how to reward can be figured out easily. the key change is player can re-spawn, that changes the whole dynamics and everything

Edited by Happy668

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles

3 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

the reason bb goes to corner is because he only got 1 life to spare, if he can come back after death, i don't know anyone would be so scared to hide anywhere

the reason i love world of warcraft battleground so much is, you are not afraid of dying, you constantly give all you have to win for the team

Problem is if they just let the Co Op player use the same system of rewarding money and making that PvP players get then it wouldn't be a big deal if you die issue if you remove the death or allow multiple tries defeats the point of a consequence for deing.

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

how the game decides win/loss or how to reward can be figured out easily. the key change is player can re-spawn, that changes the whole dynamics and everything

I like COOP mode it is just too short a lot of the time.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts

i think this mode will attract lots of young and new players, the old guards can still enjoy their old random modes, but adding this will add new life and blood for this game, and $$$ for WG, why not

Edited by Happy668

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles
1 minute ago, MikeDSp said:

Problem is if they just let the Co Op player use the same system of rewarding money and making that PvP players get then it wouldn't be a big deal if you die issue if you remove the death or allow multiple tries defeats the point of a consequence for deing.

So I am a long time PVP player who is sick of randoms. I am enjoying PVP now and supposedly 30% of the population is PVE only. They should figure out ways to make the payouts the same between the two modes and maybe they would keep players like me longer. They would also keep PVE players longer by making the grind to T-10 much more manageable. 

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
377 posts
1,156 battles

So I am a long time PVP player who is sick of randoms. I am enjoying PVP now and supposedly 30% of the population is PVE only. They should figure out ways to make the payouts the same between the two modes and maybe they would keep players like me longer. They would also keep PVE players longer by making the grind to T-10 much more manageable. 

That's my point if they stopped treating the two different reward and XP wise different players probably stay around and play more often I stopped playing PvP due to amount of team kill that happens when you don't yolo for a BB player.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts
3 hours ago, MikeDSp said:

That's my point if they stopped treating the two different reward and XP wise different players probably stay around and play more often I stopped playing PvP due to amount of team kill that happens when you don't yolo for a BB player.

i would say for WG to make more money they want to increase player base greatly, don't worry to much about pvp vs pve, add new mode and get more players equals to win

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,670 posts
20,668 battles
5 hours ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I play far more PvE than PvP matches, something like 15k to 3k games... Not really sure that increasing rewards in co-op is a good thing for a couple of reasons. First it would drain players from PvP if the payout was the same. We already are seeing lots of PvP players in co-op since the introduction of the Daily missions where to advance, you need a win. Makes sense to grind them out in co-op since loses are so rare and in PvP, most people lose about half the time. Even though I don't care for PvP, I don't want to see it die out since it is pretty much the backbone of the game. The second reason not to increase rewards is that it really isn't needed. Earnings are similar for both modes when you take into account you can play 3 or 4 matches there in the same amount of time that one PvP match lasts.. Someone did the math a while back assuming a 50% WR in PvP and the earnings were close with co-op just a bit behind. 

IMHO the real issue is the sheer amount of grind that has to be done. I mean just unlocked the Mogami and am looking at around 80k of upgrades before I can even start the grind to the tier 9 ship... It is disheartening and honestly, just keeps me from playing much. With most of my ships I play it once a day, farm the first win, and move onto something else. I know it is supposed to make me want to play it more to get rid of the stock configuration or spend money to buy Free XP and zip past but it has the opposite effect on me. I just lose interest and just don't care about the ships. I prefer playing my premium ships or my upgraded ships and ignore the rest. The long climb just to upgrade a ship just seems pointless at around tier 8. Since I already have a few tier 10s, the need to get more just isn't there. On the upside I end up with loads of 19 point captains piloting my ships and many high point captains in my favorite low tier ships. 

I think one solution would be to make some Scenarios for all ship tiers, especially the tier 8s and 9s. This would significantly help reduce the grind by making a rewarding method of playing the stock ships and then grinding them to the tier that Wargaming seems to want us to play. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,368 posts
14,639 battles

100 players in Flottentorpedoboots, no concealment, no teams.

Edited by Edgecase

[WOLF1]
Members
2,640 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO the real issue is the sheer amount of grind that has to be done.

that's the thing, right now WG's strategy is dangle a carrot in front and make people grind more games, that's NOT the way to do it, instead, they should make the game more fun, people would want to play, even without reward, that will be long lasting addiction that will gain and keep more players. my suggestion of re-spawning is one way to make the game more fun, less grind

[WOLF9]
Members
9,370 posts
4,243 battles

Reverse the Operations.  Have players take the role that the red botes play now.  Not all players would spawn in the first wave, and those killed could re-spawn in succeeding waves (all waves pre-programmed).

• Cool 1

[KKM]
Members
808 posts
9,373 battles

I'd like to see a game mode where each side has certain victory criteria that does not necessarily involve getting and holding a cap zone.  Like a convoy mode where you get points for travelling over a set course while defending against enemy  attack.  The team in the convoy will get points for hitting certain way points that change as the timer counts down forcing the team to move towards the next way points and for how many ships survive to the end.  Defending team may not see the way points as they appear and have to surmise or guess the proper course to defend.  The defending team get points for preventing them from hitting way points or forcing them on alternate routes and for enemy ships sunk.  Big rewards for a convoying team that gets all the way points and all team members survive, and big rewards for the defending team for defending way points and for sinking all enemy vessels.  You could even throw in some merchant men to protect for the convoying team.  This could work as a random battle mode it would make MM a true pain possibly but I like the idea.  It would force the battle to move and prevent camping as a viable play style as well.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I think it's a great idea, they should respawn in 50 life rafts so the boats still alive can run them down and sink them again. Then have the crew respawn again, this time is life vests, cue the shark music!

• Funny 2

[WOLF5]
Members
31 posts
3,289 battles

Battle royal with DDs, only 4k visibility but everyone have 8k trops, see how many fishes can be in the water at the same time.

Or Battle royal with BBs, only ram can cause damage, lets play whos the chicken.