Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Wargaming...sly devil you...

23 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,026 posts
4,848 battles

source.gif.7de652108fb834c37b183eebcdbc680e.gif

So I realized something whilst smoking on the way home....the snowflake event...being able to do it in CO-OP....steal given for prem ships at tier 8....it all points to one thing.

-balancing Stalingrad in clan- 

People with ALOT of Tier 10's will be able to pump out co-op battles fast...the steel will wrack up...and the Stalingrad will appear a lot more...then filter out...complaints about it being broken in clan will go down....harmony

Very sly Wargaming, you practically flood clan wars with Stalingrads...but gate lock it for people who don't have tier 8/9/10....it's brilliant. 

(Yes I'm totally down with what they are doing.) 

THERE IS NO CAROL IN HR!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
76 posts

Did you forget Russia is still Communist and the Soviet Union? And the persistent effort to glorify Stalin has never gone away and he remains the hero of the russian people? Just ask Putin. 

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,026 posts
4,848 battles
35 minutes ago, MammaShark said:

Did you forget Russia is still Communist and the Soviet Union? And the persistent effort to glorify Stalin has never gone away and he remains the hero of the russian people? Just ask Putin. 

Nah just ask the Flyers.

gritty.png

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,923 posts
9,070 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

source.gif.7de652108fb834c37b183eebcdbc680e.gif

So I realized something whilst smoking on the way home....the snowflake event...being able to do it in CO-OP....steal given for prem ships at tier 8....it all points to one thing.

-balancing Stalingrad in clan- 

People with ALOT of Tier 10's will be able to pump out co-op battles fast...the steel will wrack up...and the Stalingrad will appear a lot more...then filter out...complaints about it being broken in clan will go down....harmony

Very sly Wargaming, you practically flood clan wars with Stalingrads...but gate lock it for people who don't have tier 8/9/10....it's brilliant. 

(Yes I'm totally down with what they are doing.) 

THERE IS NO CAROL IN HR!

but, dont they just get like 100-200 Steel each?

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
470 posts

I believe the steel is limited in quantities ,you will not be able to buy Stalingrad outright more of buy other things that are going to be available kind of thing.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,246 posts
12,026 battles

every premium ships from t8/t9/t10 and every tech tree ships from t9/t10, let just calculate with 100 steel per ship per game, and only one offer

can someone do the math please

imagine the incoming steel for the arsenal usage! yum yum

drooling all over .... everywhere already

Members
718 posts

Even if you had every single 8 9 and 10 premium and regular alike you would barely be able to afford the Stalingrad at 100 steel per ship.  So i seriously doubt that is their plan.  I expect people to barely afford the flint at the end even with the steel monsters campaign.  Remember TC numbers are likely not the final amount of steel we will get its very likely it is set higher on TC then on live release.

Edited by JToney3449

[WORX]
Members
4,160 posts
15,255 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

People with ALOT of Tier 10's will be able to pump out co-op battles fast...the steel will wrack up..

Only a few can pull this off. The ones with not enough credits will find this statement to be false.

Members
202 posts
364 battles

I think there's 92 total T8- 10 ships (tech tree plus premium).  This doesnt include the four recently available Black ships (Atago-B, Ash-B, Mass-B and Tirp-B).  This also doesn't include The USN DD Black, or the Stalingrad or the Salem.  But the count does include the Japanese T8 ARP as well as Kronstadt and Musashi and Mighty-Mo.

So at 100 per snow flake thats 9200 steel.    I dont recall how much steel is required for the Stalingrad.

[HINON]
Members
10,929 posts
4 minutes ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

I dont recall how much steel is required for the Stalingrad.

28,000 for Stalingrad and 30,000 for Bourgogne.

[WUDPS]
5,026 posts
4,848 battles
Just now, SWANK_BOWZER said:

so even with a (-)15% ship coupon its still a long-long way to Volgograd.  

Also lets not forget the steel campaign...

[WOLF9]
Members
9,356 posts
4,243 battles
13 minutes ago, SWANK_BOWZER said:

So at 100 per snow flake thats 9200 steel.    I dont recall how much steel is required for the Stalingrad.

T8 tech tree ships don't get Steel.  Recount.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,835 posts

Odd, I thought all this steel giveaway was simply a signal of how badly CB is going. They aren't trying to implement cross server battles because it's been so well received....:Smile_trollface:

[SEOP]
Members
1,522 posts
8,233 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

T8 tech tree ships don't get Steel.  Recount.

why would a recount be needed?  the OPs original premise is to obtain a Stalingrad via steel from a snow flake event.  its pretty clear that 92 ships don't get you to that objective.  So obviously 92 minus X wont get you there either.  

[LOU1]
Members
3,653 posts
9,853 battles
5 hours ago, awiggin said:

Odd, I thought all this steel giveaway was simply a signal of how badly CB is going. They aren't trying to implement cross server battles because it's been so well received....:Smile_trollface:

Several WG staff said the initial cross server activity was a test and the servers failed.

[WOLF1]
Members
116 posts
6,376 battles

its becoming a common assumption that there steel payout will be 100-200 per ship for tier 8,9,10. I’m not saying it won’t be but WG has a habit of disappointing the player base.  lets imagine the screaming if the payout for tier 8-10 is more like 25, 50, and 75. It would be ugly...

[KEGEL]
Members
171 posts
7,775 battles

I think WG objective is a little different.

It's a method to rebalance the value of FXP.

I imagine a lot of players will burn thru their stock piles of FXP to unlock a few extra Tier 9 &10s for steal snowflakes.

Probably a safe bet some wallets will open to convert ship XP to FXP...

Sign in to follow this