You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

How Not To Suck - Two Bad Player Types

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
3,278 posts
14,884 battles
39 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Fun 'n engaging :)

It's funny because it's true … 

I'm thinking maybe the JB was a Christmas present to somebody's kid … or somebody left their computer on for idle hands to discover?

The kitakaze is just farming damage and is happy to sacrifice you for a little extra xp :)

Edited by Commander_367

[CANNS]
[CANNS]
Members
13 posts
4,568 battles

I feel your pain the pair in the video is what I call ridge runners and are useless as tits on a teddy bear..And even worse is the ones that chase the carrier and don't think about why it a team game.  or the best one is lets go to say A and the go a whole different direction and leave a couple of players hanging in the wind.  

[WORX]
Members
4,165 posts
15,268 battles

I disagree with you're analogy on the game and on MM. 

On MM, starting at on the 6:35min mark where you start your rant.  A game developer is up front with how things are done and you dont believe it? Then I ask my self why ?What is your motivating factor. Then

At the 6:50 min mark your true intentions come out. Where you stated "The win streak  I've encountered equals the losing streak you encountered". By the laws of math because math is a law, if your wins = your loses then your at %50 WInrate.

If you have more wins then losses then its above %50.

If you have more loses then win hen you're below %50.

The more games played you have (say I am close to 13k games played Plus other event accts.) The harder it is to have a higher WR knowing the above formula.

Others with over capable ships, will have a different perspective about MM. Because they have those over capable ships, they're encounter with MM is believable because they're winning (will they're over capable ship is). Trust me you don't want Skill based MM.  Your results is valid, after when I seen in the video I can see why you have those extreme win/loss streaks.

Now about the Match itself, Mind you, when anyone posts a video in the forum criticizing other people game play. Then the OP opens himself to critique as well. Fair Advisory in advance.

DDs as a whole in the Battle did one hell of a job. Caped 3 capture pts with no help from the BBs.

DDs also tried to defend he caps in a losing effort.

Cruisers failed, upon your death, the red DD was still alive. You complained about the DD helping himself but at the same time you helped your self to the BB HP and never once fired at a DD. As the cruiser in domination mode, if you fail to sink a red DD, you will lose the majority of your battles (I can believe why you have extreme win/loss swings and its not MM fault. Is your play style in the game mode).  IJN DDs are atonamos to the fleet (except the IJN gunboats). Its the job of the IJN DD to be independent of he fleet. What a I saw was DDs capped while cruisers failed to sink a red DD, reds recapped because no pressure from the cruisers and no BBs in the caps.

BB really failed. Failed to protect the caps after our DDs caped it. Failed to do anything productive. Failed the sink the cruisers

My suggestion to you Elo. In domination mode, playing a cruiser, sink the DDs instead of farming BB HP Dmg. Yeah you did DMG but for the game mode, you failed the objective therefore the loss was earned on your part. Also Once you sink all the DDs then you can "encourage" the Big guns to come closer to battle.

GL/HF

• Cool 2

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,957 battles

My clanmates and I were in a game the other night with an Asashio B player on our team.  We all called it, saying that he would probably sail the map edge the whole game and not contribute much, and lo and behold, he did exactly that.  But to put an exclamation point on his terrible performance, he launches torps, twice, at a Moskva who decided to take him out.  So I would like to add:

People, please learn the ships you take into battle, even if you just got them and they are shiny and brand new.  Learn what they can and cannot do.  And for those who don't quite get why I'm saying this, the Asashio's torps cannot hit anything other than BB's and CV's.  The Moskva is a cruiser!  It was impossible for his torps to do ANY damage to the Moskva!

Also, one question for the OP:  Why did you wait so long before using any of your heals?  Were you trying to get the most of your AR?  For me, an unused heal is a wasted heal.  Just wondering.

Members
1,210 posts
1,742 battles
14 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

People, please learn the ships you take into battle, even if you just got them and they are shiny and brand new.  Learn what they can and cannot do.  And for those who don't quite get why I'm saying this, the Asashio's torps cannot hit anything other than BB's and CV's.  The Moskva is a cruiser!  It was impossible for his torps to do ANY damage to the Moskva!

I wish they had stopped adding stupid gimmicks like this to the game, but it has become World of Gimmickships. 

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

At the 6:50 min mark your true intentions come out.

amazing how people can read my mind... stop... thnx

[-BUI-]
Members
1,325 posts
3,423 battles

I don't see how you can blame the DD in this video, yeah he wasn't in position to spot right then, but its hard to be in the right place at the right time, EVERY TIME in a game where you move sorta slowly.    He also did work in this game overall.     Doesn't really matter if you got spotting there anyway, you had 4-5 ships on you, you were dead in that position even if you HAD a spotter.

Jean Bart, terrible terrible terrible.

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

In domination mode, playing a cruiser, sink the DDs instead of farming BB HP Dmg.

I think if you watch any of my other vids, you will see I am quite capable of shooting dd that are spotted and available to shoot.. and I disagree with your analysis... I barely even saw either of the two dd to be able to shoot at them, and becasue my BB were camping in the back row, as such I couldn;t get close enough ot anything to be effective as that was making me the closest and primary target. This is part of why BBs need to push in and not camp in the back. You cal;l it farming BB damage, I call it shooting at what I have for available targets...

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

don't see how you can blame the DD in this video, yeah he wasn't in position to spot right then,

He could have gotten into a position to spot the ships in D by moving to the north east... instead he went north west and nothing in D was being spotted... I was in a glass canon cl, so any attempt of my own would result in spotting and as you saw.. .instant death... hiding behind the island I could have lobbed shells in... I had moved to be able to see into d which exposed me to the Mass..

The video is about the TYPE of players...

[WORX]
Members
4,165 posts
15,268 battles
14 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I think if you watch any of my other vids, you will see I am quite capable of shooting dd that are spotted and available to shoot.

I know you're capable of playing the objective in hand in the past no argument there. However, in this video you only positioned your self to shoot at BBs and that was your mind set from the start. That mind set ended up being your down fall.

Remember if you post a video in the forums critiquing others, then you open yourself to the same standards. 

As stated before, Cruisers hunt DDs not BBs in domination mode. Although you may disagree with my interpretation, in that fight it still was cruiser and BB fail, BB fail mainly. DDs can't carry its not natural for them to do so.

Farm DMG on BBs after you sink DDs. Not before.

14 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

you cal;l it farming BB damage, I call it shooting at what I have for available targets...

Next time farm DMG on the DDs, that way the caps wont flip as fast. Especially in Domination mode.

I loved the video, Even though we may have disagreements on the events.

Cheers!

Edited by Navalpride33

[-BUI-]
Members
1,325 posts
3,423 battles
34 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

He could have gotten into a position to spot the ships in D by moving to the north east... instead he went north west and nothing in D was being spotted... I was in a glass canon cl, so any attempt of my own would result in spotting and as you saw.. .instant death... hiding behind the island I could have lobbed shells in... I had moved to be able to see into d which exposed me to the Mass..

The video is about the TYPE of players...

You were still encircled at that point due to where you sailed.   

Like, 6:15 or so, you comment that you're in good position...you were not.    You were sailing in the open through the middle of the map, a good position at that time would have been the island just north of D6 using the northern part of the island for cover (or, where you were at 5:33 or so), the DD would have been right behind you and his continued north sailing would have resulted in spotting for you, the rather useless KG that died would have also been spotting for you.     Or to put it another way, instead of attacking D, defend A.

Do I have anything more to support that it was a bad position?   When you get radar'ed, your PT jumps to 5 and you take shells from both directions....you were being encircled and you had to hug the island even closer to avoid that fire, but once they knew you were there like that, you were dead, there was no hope of you getting out of there alive, spotting or no spotting.

You were in trouble anyway, and its likely not much would have changed regardless given the ship counts, but we all make mistakes, but I still have trouble blaming that DD for much of anything.

Edited by Zenn3k

[TURD]
Members
154 posts
2,045 battles

At some point after you asked Jean bart to move up you can see the commander in chat ask "Where is Asashio?" I've read somewhere that's the psychological effect that ship has on some battleship skippers, it makes them puddle their britches.  

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

I'm not wasting data to watch the video, but it's seems that everyone expects the DD's to cap, spot, smoke every boat on their team, risk themselves for your easy kills. DD's are turning into cv's, always their fault when you lose, never because of them when you win. 

And just like in game chat, the dead guy complaining about the boats that are still alive, that right there takes away any credibility from anything you say!

• Cool 1

[WAG]
Members
1,714 posts
9,491 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

You were still encircled at that point due to where you sailed.   

Like, 6:15 or so, you comment that you're in good position...you were not.    You were sailing in the open through the middle of the map, a good position at that time would have been the island just north of D6 using the northern part of the island for cover (or, where you were at 5:33 or so), the DD would have been right behind you and his continued north sailing would have resulted in spotting for you, the rather useless KG that died would have also been spotting for you.     Or to put it another way, instead of attacking D, defend A.

Do I have anything more to support that it was a bad position?   When you get radar'ed, your PT jumps to 5 and you take shells from both directions....you were being encircled and you had to hug the island even closer to avoid that fire, but once they knew you were there like that, you were dead, there was no hope of you getting out of there alive, spotting or no spotting.

You were in trouble anyway, and its likely not much would have changed regardless given the ship counts, but we all make mistakes, but I still have trouble blaming that DD for much of anything.

You missed the point... completely... this isn;t a video complaining about me losing... I do that all the time, losing that is...  it is also not about me being some kind of unicum player, I make plenty of mistakes and I don;t say I do not... there are basic things each ship can do to help the team and the team should always come first.. .the point of the video was to point out two behaviors that lead to game losses.... BBs that just don't knwo wth they are doing and DDs that go for the kill and not for team play.....  I stand by both those points

way to attack the messenger and deflect from the intended message.... .like i said before...mind readers...

[KILDO]
Members
5 posts
2,456 battles

Why try or use good tactics when every [edited] on the team will whine about you not doing what they were thinking what you should do.  [edited] ALL you bossy little gamertards.