You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shokNgnaw

Complaint Box. Let's hear it!

26 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles

Full disclosure: Potato, 43%, 3 months in-game

Got a complaint? Lets hear it!

Sometimes folks just want to vent their frustration with various aspects about WoWS & living IRL. They don't necessarily want to hear, nor are willing to listen to (no matter how rational) arguments against their point of view. I'd like for this thread to be an open invitation to voice your complaint without having to face the consequence of contrary opinion. 

Of course, I can't really control others posting of opposing points of view but I would respectfully request, as the OP, that no one rebuts anyone's complaint in this thread. If you have an opposing opinion, an option would be to complain about complaints that people are making, but better to just vote up or down on the original complaint.

By just using the vote, complainers don't have to babysit the keyboard to constantly defend their position. They can just check back occasionally and see the vote total, to see if others feel the same way. Who knows, it might even provide some good feedback to WG, without having to read through pages of a specific complaint thread to determine consensus.

I'll lead off with my complaint:

I come to the forums to learn more about WoWS, how to improve my game, and to ask questions. It's frustrating to see people with thousands of battles waste forum space to complain about basic mechanics of the game that have obviously been around since its conception. It seems that the most common complaint that gets A LOT of space on the forum is about the MM and how it always puts them on a losing team, their solution being to have an opt-out timer, for any given battle. To those folks I would ask, "how long are you willing to wait in the queue?" One minute? 3 minutes? 50 minutes? I know I start getting antsy if I'm in the queue for more that 2 minutes. At 3 minutes I bail and go to Co-op. And what happens when one or more opt out and the MM opts-in other players? Does that reset the opt-out timer? That'd be a real recipe for success!

Maybe WoWS should provide you opt-outs with a special battle type. They could call it "Divisions" or "Clans" or something like that.

• Cool 3

[CUTER]
Members
3,862 posts
18,804 battles

I have it worse. I had to move my special french commander from my Bourgogne to Henri IV because of clan battles, then I had to leave my clan because it is kill. Feels bad man.

>>> Like and share if you agree <<<

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,794 battles
14 minutes ago, shokNgnaw said:

Sometimes folks just want to vent their frustration with various aspects about WoWS & living IRL. They don't necessarily want to hear, nor are willing to listen to (no matter how rational) arguments against their point of view. I'd like for this thread to be an open invitation to voice your complaint without having to face the consequence of contrary opinion. 

Of course, I can't really control others posting of opposing points of view but I would respectfully request, as the OP, that no one rebuts anyone's complaint in this thread. If you have an opposing opinion, an option would be to complain about complaints that people are making, but better to just vote up or down on the original complaint.

By just using the vote, complainers don't have to babysit the keyboard to constantly defend their position. They can just check back occasionally and see the vote total, to see if others feel the same way. Who knows, it might even provide some good feedback to WG, without having to read through pages of a specific complaint thread to determine consensus.

I come to the forums to learn more about WoWS, how to improve my game, and to ask questions. It's frustrating to see people with thousands of battles waste forum space to complain about basic mechanics of the game that have obviously been around since its conception. It seems that the most common complaint that gets A LOT of space on the forum is about the MM and how it always puts them on a losing team, their solution being to have an opt-out timer, for any given battle. To those folks I would ask, "how long are you willing to wait in the queue?" One minute? 3 minutes? 50 minutes? I know I start getting antsy if I'm in the queue for more that 2 minutes. At 3 minutes I bail and go to Co-op. And what happens when one or more opt out and the MM opts-in other players? Does that reset the opt-out timer? That'd be a real recipe for success!

Maybe WoWS should provide you opt-outs with a special battle type. They could call it "Divisions" or "Clans" or something like that.

dont worry. I was a potato like you 3 months in. I just got better and I learn quicker.

you dont want to hear more MM complaints, so I wont lol.

I will just complain about myself. I played like crap yesterday and that reflected in my winning of battles. so yesterday I was the problem (although I played bad because 1 flank of my team always suicided or camped with 6 ships in 1 square *sigh* and that left me getting cross shots from all over the map, and with DDs dead in the first 4 minutes, no spotting too, so maybe I wasnt the problem, or maybe I was)

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts

I want to know why when I point the guns of my mighty Marblehead the enemy doesn't just melt away in fear

Very frustrating I say

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
777 posts
1,515 battles

RNG sparing people who are mindlessly broadsiding against multiple battleships. Shells doing 0 damage when the ribbons are showing that shells penetrated (no module indicators of any sort) on full HP targets. Fires magically reappearing the very millisecond of Repair going into cooldown in the same exact spot

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,550 posts
12,281 battles

My latest super container gave me 50k EXP instead of 50K coal.:fish_palm: I've been a very naughty little boy this year and all I want is coal......to trade in for warships!

[-BUI-]
Members
1,330 posts
3,445 battles

Mine would be:   Players who YOLO, die instantly, and spend the game watching you play correctly, and complain about how its somehow ineffective....when I have 3 kills and 100k damage going and are still at least at 50-75% health.

Its especially bad when that player had 4000+ battles to your 1500 and somehow manages a lower WR, PR, Damage, and Survival rate than you.

[_-_]
Members
2,114 posts

In my magic Co-op Des Moines wonderland, DD toasters blow up in sparkly glitter fountains as flaming planes make pretty rainbows in the sky. What's there to complain about? :cap_tea:

[N-W-T]
Members
1,544 posts
6,386 battles

Stop launching spotter/fighter planes in spawn right as the game begins. Yes, a cruiser's fighter lasts 6 minutes, but you're wasting 2 minutes bc you're not going to spot anything by air before then. And BB planes only last 90 seconds; that's a total waste. 

Members
327 posts
4,116 battles

There is a a lot of toxic [edited] players in chat that think they are unicom but always one of the first to die and usually mid to low scores. 

These people need to get a serious reality check and that is about all i can say on this forum without being banned again. 

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles
2 hours ago, shokNgnaw said:

4sBuzKD.gif.8b0d84cb1046f8f06bbdc9f50003710c.gif

Members
2,255 posts
  • Too many currency's in game.
  • WoWs uncertain future.
  • Dev's testing bad idea's... Do they even play the game?
  • Too much money grabbing as of late.
  • Too many events... I literally can't keep up and don't even care.
  • Cool 2

[WJDC]
Members
66 posts
1,843 battles

Ok, I've got another complaint. Instead of having to pay for a full distribution of captain points when I just want to change one skill, why can't I just pay the 25 dubloons per skill-level to change one skill? If you want to change one skill on a 10 point captain, that's flat fee of 250 dubloons. That's $1.25 USD, at $0.005 USD/dubloon.

• Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,330 posts
3,445 battles
13 minutes ago, shokNgnaw said:

Ok, I've got another complaint. Instead of having to pay for a full distribution of captain points when I just want to change one skill, why can't I just pay the 25 dubloons per skill-level to change one skill? If you want to change one skill on a 10 point captain, that's flat fee of 250 dubloons. That's $1.25 USD, at $0.005 USD/dubloon.

Thankfully, this stops being a much of a problem once you get a few 19 pointers, since 19 point captains earn Captain Experience, which you can use instead of Doubloons to reset a captain, but this is a good one.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,862 posts

Out of game complaint:

As someone who drives for a living, I'm increasingly appalled at just how bad most people are at it.  Not to mention completely ignorant of the rules of the road- or of common courtesy.  So, PSA:

For EFF's SAKE!  Put the damn electronic tit down, pay attention, and learn how to drive!!!

In- game:  People so desperate for kills (or just that greedy), that they block your guns with their ship- so THEY can dump a point blank torp salvo into the enemy you're close range brawling with.   I had two people do this the other day in the same game- one after the other.   I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when the guy MISSES- then gets deleted by the full 9 gun blast from that BB, lol!!   Then he goes on chat complaining about missing...

But, Hey- thanks for eating that full 9 gun salvo of 16" shells so I didn't have to!

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,771 posts
25,477 battles

Fix Amazon pay; or at least have an announcement telling us if it's never coming back.  That way we can figure out a plan B for Christmas.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
403 posts
7,647 battles

Sorry if I kill your thread but...

I am really tired of reporting game bugs only to see in game bugs reappear then go away for a month then reappear again. Have you no Quality Control? Do you not play the game to assure the said bugs do not rear their ugly heads again? 

The game mechanics as they stand for me are fine. I will play the game to the best of my ability that I am handed. All the added currencies are just a precursor to them not knowing how to allow people to use their built up reserves of FXP. By not allowing someone to use that currency it is useless. Getting it in containers makes it more so for someone who has reached the top and really has no place else to go.

[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
4,343 battles
15 hours ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

There is a a lot of toxic [edited] players in chat that think they are unicom but always one of the first to die and usually mid to low scores. 

These people need to get a serious reality check and that is about all i can say on this forum without being banned again. 

Speaking of reality checks, Steelers Rule?? Uh......no so much this year. :D

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,770 battles

In Game: BB's flooding to A cap on Oki. Republiques and Yamato's never going more than a ships length from the spawn, and DD's island hugging in caps so they can't spot anything.

Out of Game: The mortgage doesn't pay itself and Vince McMahon is still alive.