Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tamanade

christmas "gifts"

8 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,131 battles

so i was just wondering about these "gifts"  i was under the impression that if it's a "gift" it's free ???? am i wrong? and does santa know that WG charges for christmas "gifts" ??? just sayin !!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
23,165 posts
5,841 battles
2 minutes ago, tamanade said:

so i was just wondering about these "gifts"  i was under the impression that if it's a "gift" it's free ???? am i wrong? and does santa know that WG charges for christmas "gifts" ??? just sayin !!

Santa gives you two, and those are indeed free.

As far as the rest, they aren't from Santa, and just like every non-Santa gift you've ever received that wasn't a macaroni Christmas tree your kid made at school, it has cost the giver. 

Anywhere you go to get a gift for yourself or someone else, it'll cost you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
11 minutes ago, tamanade said:

4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Santa gives you two, and those are indeed free.

As far as the rest, they aren't from Santa, and just like every non-Santa gift you've ever received that wasn't a macaroni Christmas tree your kid made at school, it has cost the giver. 

Anywhere you go to get a gift for yourself or someone else, it'll cost you.

Multiple campaigns/collection in patch 7.12 will have Santa crates as a reward. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,845 posts
7 minutes ago, tamanade said:

This is all you need to know....

BPa7Y1P.png

They are gifts, but the gift is to WG....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
926 posts
28 minutes ago, tamanade said:

A few years ago when they first started the gift event, I was under the impression that this was a system to buy gifts (in game) to give your friends. 

You can still do this, but most people just buy them for themselves.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,678 posts
8,346 battles
1 minute ago, jmanII said:

A few years ago when they first started the gift event, I was under the impression that this was a system to buy gifts (in game) to give your friends. 

You can still do this, but most people just buy them for themselves.

Yes, and the gift value was so good, that people bought them for gifts to themselves.

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
6,002 posts
16,042 battles

@tamanade when they first did this in 2015 it was called the Secret Santa and for each gift you bought for yourself or gifted a friend WG supposedly gifted a random player. I was in a position to spend wildly that year and bought as many as I could and the total number I opened was more than what I bought. So I got a few random gifts.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,678 posts
8,346 battles
21 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@tamanade when they first did this in 2015 it was called the Secret Santa and for each gift you bought for yourself or gifted a friend WG supposedly gifted a random player. I was in a position to spend wildly that year and bought as many as I could and the total number I opened was more than what I bought. So I got a few random gifts.

I almost forgot about the Secret Santa event.

Sign in to follow this