You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Major_HardTicket

Is it real?

147 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Members
78 posts
2,478 battles

I've heard from a few people now that there is a "theory" going around that MM has a system allowing certain people to be inserted on the "winning team" of every match with the rest of us "potatoes" thrown on that side once in awhile! Could it be? If so, how do you become 1 of those privileged? Do I need to be an original alpha/beta tester, a community contributor, spend money, or be a friend or family member of WG/WoWs? Sounds far fetched to me but, well, it wouldn't surprise me with the amount of "potatoe" teams I've witnessed!!! ….2-3 minutes in, KABOOM, you're team has lost 4-5 ships, the better you perform, the worse it seems to be! And those losing streaks...WTH? You never see winning streaks like that...except for maybe "certain people"!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[HUNGS]
Members
1,672 posts
3,603 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

I've heard from a few people now that there is a "theory" going around that MM has a system allowing certain people to be inserted on the "winning team" of every match with the rest of us "potatoes" thrown on that side once in awhile! Could it be? If so, how do you become 1 of those privileged? Do I need to be an original alpha/beta tester, a community contributor, spend money, or be a friend or family member of WG/WoWs? Sounds far fetched to me but, well, it wouldn't surprise me with the amount of "potatoe" teams I've witnessed!!! ….2-3 minutes in, KABOOM, you're team has lost 4-5 ships, the better you perform, the worse it seems to be! And those losing streaks...WTH? You never see winning streaks like that...except for maybe "certain people"!!!

got-any-more-of-them-conspiracy-theories

• Funny 4

[YORHA]
Members
4,193 posts
7,355 battles

Prepare yourself.

This isn't going to be pretty.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
714 posts
9,577 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Prepare yourself.

This isn't going to be pretty.

Was thinking the same thing.  Me thinks the OP may be part of the problem.

[WOLFX]
Members
78 posts
2,478 battles

As always, the debunkers jump all over anyone who questions anything?....it's just a question, so if ya don't have an answer, or sensible comment, then DON"T COMMENT...simple as that!

6 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

got-any-more-of-them-conspiracy-theories

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
78 posts
2,478 battles
1 minute ago, Viper069 said:

Was thinking the same thing.  Me thinks the OP may be part of the problem.

Ummm...part of what problem? I'm asking a question...can anyone do that here without being jumped all over by the usual ???

[CUTER]
Members
3,862 posts
18,754 battles

Nope. You just need to influence the matches more towards a win instead of a loss like you use to. That is all.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,598 posts

I wish people would stop using the term "theory" when what they really mean is "conjecture." It makes it hard for us science educators. A scientific theory and what most people call a "theory" are about as unrelated as a hagfish and a starfish. And don't get me started on the term "fish."

Don't attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

If you do a statistical analysis of the average win rates of players in the matchmaker you will find no statistical significance between teams in overall win rates. I've reported this several times but actual data collection and analysis falls on deaf ears here. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,193 posts
7,355 battles
13 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

As always, the debunkers jump all over anyone who questions anything?....it's just a question, so if ya don't have an answer, or sensible comment, then DON"T COMMENT...simple as that!

As always the spuds come into the forum and instead of using the search function to see if the topic had been beaten to death for over 3 years , they post some nonsense about a "rumour" they heard from somewhere about it.

Do you think if something as silly as that actually existed that people in the forum would know about it, keep it a deep dark secret, but reveal it to you because you asked?

Or was your assumption that someone from WG was going to come into the thread and say "All right... you caught us.  Just send $100 per month to us and we will put you on the "Must Win Always" list"?

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
15,152 posts
9,929 battles
25 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

[R-F]
Members
1,350 posts
8,264 battles

I have yet to see any sets of data indicating that matchmaker does anything other than grab a random collection of people.  That means sometimes battles are very evenly matched and sometimes they are not.  Although if you monitor people's stats you will find that some of the very one sided games looked even on paper.  

There are thousands of people playing this game and thousands of battles being played.  Any random data set is going to contain sections that do not seem very random if you focus down small enough.  That is what people are constantly doing on here.  They get the short end of the stick six battles in a row, so they're convinced they did something to anger the matchmaker.  They didn't.  It's just randomness.

• Cool 3

[TURD]
Members
154 posts
2,045 battles

My own experience is that MM definitely tends to trend one way or the other. I had a long stretch where I was winning around 50% and I was watching my win rate creep up and I was feeling pretty good about myself. The last couple weeks have been not so fortunate. It does seem though however the first 3 or 4 matches go pretty much set the bar for the evening. If I can win a few its usually going to be a decent night. If I lose four in a row that trend pretty much continues throughout the night, no matter how well (or poor) I play. I don't think it amounts to a conspiracy though, to take that claim seriously I guess I'd need to hear your sources or see some evidence.

I do see the stats on some folks here though and I'm simply amazed that people can sustain such high win rates, I just assume they're really that good and can carry teams consistently if they need to. I don't think I'll ever get to that level, right now I'm just trying to improve and I figure the wins will come more often as I do.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,594 posts
10,024 battles
26 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

If there is some kinda trick to getting the fabled "good MM", nobody knows what it is.  I've been in since CBT, I buy premium times... but so do lots of other people.

I'm near 55% WR, solo, I still get losing streaks and bad weeks, so....

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,594 posts
10,024 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I wish people would stop using the term "theory" when what they really mean is "conjecture." It makes it hard for us science educators. A scientific theory and what most people call a "theory" are about as unrelated as a hagfish and a starfish. And don't get me started on the term "fish."

Don't attribute to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

If you do a statistical analysis of the average win rates of players in the matchmaker you will find no statistical significance between teams in overall win rates. I've reported this several times but actual data collection and analysis falls on deaf ears here. 

I heard scientists have a secret factor they check that says hagfish and starfish  are closely related...

Are either of those even actually fish? 

[WOLFX]
Members
78 posts
2,478 battles
9 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

As always the spuds come into the forum and instead of using the search function to see if the topic had been beaten to death for over 3 years , they post some nonsense about a "rumour" they heard from somewhere about it.

Do you think that, if something as silly as that actually existed that people in the forum would know about it, keep it a deep dark secret, but reveal it to you because you asked?

Or was your assumption that someone from WG was going to come into the thread and say "All right... you caught us.  Just send $100 per month to us and we will put you on the "Must Win Always" list"?

The "spuds"!! uh huh huh huh! Same people all the time that gotta slam those who question stuff!... Why?, oh because they're the "elite" and everyone else is a "spud" to them!!!.LOL

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,230 battles

Yeah, there is a trick. A way to get winning teams, and to up your winrate dramatically. I have a feeling you won't like the answer, though. 

It has something to do with....actually trying to get better, so as to add a good player to your team and increase the chances of winning? 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

i had my suspicions about one-sided games but i always assumed potato

now i'm actually curious and thinking about those games again...

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,711 battles

it seems that WG admitted that the MM tries to make all players close to the 50% WR. so if you are above 50% WR, you will see a lot more potatoes on your team to even out the average. if you are a below 50% WR then you might see a lot of good players. or if there is a shortage of players, then MM goes into overdrive and doesnt give a crap about WR.

whatever WG does, it should introduce a sorting system where 1 team cannot have more than 1, 3 member divisions. MM was out to get me yesterday, so after playing 2 matches with 2 3 player unicum divisions on the enemy team, I decided to call it a day ( though we beat them in 1 game).

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,350 posts
8,264 battles
Just now, lungiwear said:

it seems that WG admitted that the MM tries to make all players close to the 50% WR.

No, they didn't.  You were beating this dead horse in yesterday's version of this thread.  Next you'll bring up the patent they filed, and then three people will have to explain to you that just because they filed a patent doesn't mean they're doing any such thing in the game.  The thread will reach five pages, name calling will start, mods will issue warnings, and we'll do it all again tomorrow.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
10,929 posts
2 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

it seems that WG admitted that the MM tries to make all players close to the 50% WR.

Source? Or are you blowing smoke about the patent they don't use?

Edited by RipNuN2

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles
1 minute ago, lungiwear said:

it seems that WG admitted that the MM tries to make all players close to the 50% WR. so if you are above 50% WR, you will see a lot more potatoes on your team to even out the average. if you are a below 50% WR then you might see a lot of good players. or if there is a shortage of players, then MM goes into overdrive and doesnt give a crap about WR.

whatever WG does, it should introduce a sorting system where 1 team cannot have more than 1, 3 member divisions. MM was out to get me yesterday, so after playing 2 matches with 2 3 player unicum divisions on the enemy team, I decided to call it a day ( though we beat them in 1 game).

Image result for seems legit

Beta Testers
1,740 posts
3,850 battles
47 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

There is truth in this it’s in the patents filed by wargaming llc. The people whom say it’s a conspiracy are afraid to do actual research and just want to believe that Wargaming is an honest company. Just do your reasearch and no I am not replying to anyone whom quotes me as I see some of you as just wasting my time.

• Cool 1