You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

What to do with 750K FXP?

46 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts

I'm almost at 750K but after hearing Notser trash the Musashi and Kronstadt, I don't want either.

The Alaska, which according to rumor should be the next FXP ship, also doesn't sound like my cuppa-tay.

My other option is to use the FXP to leapfrog a few horrible grinds like the Neptune.

In the meantime, I am saving up coal for the Jean Bart even though I am not interested in the French lines.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    :Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RED]
[RED]
Members
192 posts
10,720 battles

I think Notser gave a good review of the Kron. 

I can can say I enjoy mine and glad I got one for 750k. To me I think it will be a bargain price compared to a def more expensive Alaska.

• Funny 1

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,738 battles

The musashi is a good ship if you dont have the yamato. The only difference you see is that your shots have a bit more dispersion.

As for the AA, i simply go back to port as soon as I see a CV in que. F*uck CV and their OPness in tier 9 and 10.

And its guns can overmatch almost anything. So angling is a joke to the musashi.

Also since you hid your stats, i assume that you are not a good player. So both these ships and alaska wont be for you. Instead go down a tech tree you enjoy

EDIT: LOL. im assumng all the haters of stat shaming are downvoting this post. I dont care though, I'm not afraid of calling out players

Edited by lungiwear
LOL. im assumng all the haters of stat shaming are downvoting this post. I dont care though, I'm not afraid of calling out players
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[DEP]
Members
223 posts
16,235 battles

Musashi is a nice bb. Its t9 so you have a chance to go up against lower tiers. Its basically a Yamato with crappy aa and slightly better accuracy in main guns. For the times i play T10 bb, i have other options other than Yamato...so id rather just play the Musashi to get hte bonuses... Kronstadt...i find i have to work like hell to get a decent game. Alaska is a direct competitor to Kron and imo looks like a far more versatile ship, but we shall see. IMO Neptune is the peak of the British cruiser line...i wouldnt skip it. Not sure why you arent wanting to do the French lines...the BB line in particular is great all the way up. The cruisers not so much after they heavily nerfed the reloads...imo they just suck balls as the new reload special gimmick is all but useless on most of the ships. Shame nice Henry was my favorite cruiser pre nerf.  Im actually debating Jean bart myself.. i ahve too many ships and no real holes in my lineups...think im gonna wait to see what the next patch brings and see waht changes may be in place for the arsenal.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,693 posts
15,672 battles

I went ahead and got Kronshtadt for "reasons" and am 150k on my way to Alaska for "reasons" as well. I don't play much high tier or CA for that matter but what the heck, something to do. If Jean Bart plays like Dunkerque I won't get her. Dunk's and I don't see eye to eye.

I've only played two Random matches in Kron. Averaging 112k damage, no kills, and no wins. Doing decent damage but overall, to date, just a sad experience - but at least there is always Coop where I can bash the bots mercilessly.

Edited by Khafni

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts

Notser changed his mind about the Kronstadt. About two weeks ago he called it a "very unpopular ship."  He also added that the Mushi Mushi with its bad AA will be a poor performer after the CV rework is completed and we start seeing more CVs in games.

I'm more of a cruiser and DD guy these days.

:fish_book:

[DEP]
Members
223 posts
16,235 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

I went ahead and got Kronshtadt for "reasons" and am 150k on my way to Alaska for "reasons" as well. I don't play much high tier or CA for that matter but what the heck, something to do. If Jean Bart plays like Dunkerque I won't get her. Dunk's and I don't see eye to eye.

IMO Dunk and Richi play differently even though they are the same type of layout. Jean Bart is a Richi class..and Richi has always had a good rep in the game. Dunk is ok, but i find you dont have as much "tankablity". Alaska might be fxp...but we still dont know... my prediction is they will ocne again try the Jean bart method of deployment to squeeze more cash and with the anticipation of alaska im sure it will piss off even more players...

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,693 posts
15,672 battles
1 minute ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

IMO Dunk and Richi play differently even though they are the same type of layout. Jean Bart is a Richi class..and Richi has always had a good rep in the game. Dunk is ok, but i find you dont have as much "tankablity". Alaska might be fxp...but we still dont know... my prediction is they will ocne again try the Jean bart method of deployment to squeeze more cash and with the anticipation of alaska im sure it will piss off even more players...

Thanks for that info. If I have the coal and nothing else strikes my fancy Jean Bart may end up in my port if for no reason other than I have the "coal to burn".

[DEP]
Members
223 posts
16,235 battles
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Thanks for that info. If I have the coal and nothing else strikes my fancy Jean Bart may end up in my port if for no reason other than I have the "coal to burn".

Take it with a grain of salt as not every player plays ships the same way. Also remember the next ship "coopin" which will be dropping dec 24...although id probly use that for a steel ship.

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,713 battles
16 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Also since you hid your stats, i assume that you are not a good player. 

That's quite a presumptuous statement to make.

Be sure to check yourself first before making such slanderous statements to others.  No reason to be rude like that.

• Cool 13

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
437 posts
9,657 battles

Spending more time doing the research and finding out for yourself if a specific ship fits your play style is the way to go. There have been numerous threads on the same topic which may shed some light into your question. You may aslo find that many of the CCs have created videos which answer the same question.

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
926 posts

Nelson?

Skip 1-2 ships?

Save it?

All viable options.  Only you can decide.

[CHASE]
2,936 posts
10,829 battles

Musashi is an idiot proof and easy ship to play at t9. Alaska and kronstadt require some finesse and good situational awareness. I would recommend you get musashi.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles

Seems like you have answered your own question. 

[CHASE]
2,936 posts
10,829 battles
34 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

Also since you hid your stats, i assume that you are not a good player. So both these ships and alaska wont be for you. Instead go down a tech tree you enjoy

I mean musashi is idiot proof, and a good ship for the average player.  Why are you giving him crap about hiding his stats? Blasto isn't the greatest player, but I've seen him put in work in most of the games we've been in together. He's by no means a bad player.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,454 posts
10,713 battles
42 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

My other option is to use the FXP to leapfrog a few horrible grinds like the Neptune.

Neptune is a horrible grind? :Smile_amazed:

Personally, I found Edinburgh to be much worse.  Neptune was a definite step up in my opinion, even if she lives in the shadow of big brother Minotaur.

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
532 posts
22,620 battles

I have both the Musashi and the Kron and enjoy playing both of them. but you do you. If you had to choose one I would take the Kron and buy a Yamato. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
177 posts
3,366 battles
On 12/13/2018 at 9:22 AM, Komrade_Rylo said:

Musashi is an idiot proof and easy ship to play at t9. Alaska and kronstadt require some finesse and good situational awareness. I would recommend you get musashi.

It's idiot proof?  Well heck, then sign me up as I have 210k coal, a 25% coupon and was just holding until the day before the coupon expires just to see if something else amazing popped out.  But calling the Musashi idiot proof is the trigger I needed to release the coal and release it I will as soon as I log on tonight.  

Thanks for the trigger words and hopefully it truly is, as my bad play will put that to the test for sure!

• Funny 1

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
5,738 battles
40 minutes ago, Altwar said:

It's idiot proof?  Well heck, then sign me up as I have 210k coal, a 25% coupon and was just holding until the day before the coupon expires just to see if something else amazing popped out.  But calling the Musashi idiot proof is the trigger I needed to release the coal and release it I will as soon as I log on tonight.  

Thanks for the trigger words and hopefully it truly is, as my badplay will put that to the test for sure!

I dont know if its idiot proof or not. Musashi has the same weakness as the Yamato and that is they eat a lot of citadels. even if bow in or slightly angled, if you know where to aim, you can get a nose cheek citadel on the yamato and musashi, and even a little broadside will get you punished by citadels.

[KP]
Members
404 posts
202 battles
2 hours ago, lungiwear said:

The musashi is a good ship if you dont have the yamato. The only difference you see is that your shots have a bit more dispersion.

As for the AA, i simply go back to port as soon as I see a CV in que. F*uck CV and their OPness in tier 9 and 10.

And its guns can overmatch almost anything. So angling is a joke to the musashi.

EDIT: LOL. im assumng all the haters of stat shaming are downvoting this post. I dont care though, I'm not afraid of calling out players

+1 #Truth

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
414 posts
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Is this a troll post? Neptune is a really great ship--I play mine more than I play the Minotaur. Honestly, if you don't like the Nep, you might as well just give up on the line and not waste any more time or silver, because you won't like the Minotaur either.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
2 hours ago, Condor_Legion said:

Make a choice already, I think we are all tired of seeing these posts, about what you think you should do with your resources. Get more proactive and do some work looking things up without flooding forum with these useless posts. 

No idea who or what you are so angry at it. It's Christmas.  Hope you get over it soon.

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
626 posts
3,202 battles

I too have the FXP and I'm in "almost" the same situation as you, with the exception that I do want the Kronstadt (I just don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet)... I was originally saving for Alaska, but the fact that Kronstadt is getting removed (I'm not counting SCs), we will have time (or at least a chance) to save for Alaska.

Kronstadt is more unique than Musashi (IMO), after all we also have Yamato.

At least to me FXP is a valuable resource not to be expended lightly; sure, its easier to get now than 2 years ago, but since my playtime is limited I have resolved not to spend it on tech tree ships... and there is also the Neutrashimy (or something like that) on the works... of course that is a bet since we have no idea of its pricing.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Musashi is a good bote as far as BBs go. My only complaint about her is her weak AA which makes her a free lunch for CVs.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm more of a cruiser and DD guy these days.

Same here. In BB play it seems like I'm endlessly waiting for my guns to load so that I can finally shoot at something.

I got Kronshtadt in a Christmas box and while she seems to be overall a good ship, her shell dispersion is pathetic.