You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

PSA: Potential Free Santa Crates

23 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles

fzwQYdV.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/santa-claus-postman/

NOTE: The section below is talking about Santa crates that are already available. Like the 2 Free crates from clicking on the Santa banner for the first time. Or how campaigns in Update 7.12 will offer Santa Crates as rewards. So don't be surprised if you have already got some of them and can't get them twice.

How to Get Your Gifts
Your first gifts—two festive boxes from Santa Claus—will be waiting for you right in the game! To get these, simply enter the Port and press the "Santa Claus Containers" banner.

Some of the containers can be obtained in battle, through valiantly accomplishing Combat Missions or fighting in Clan Battles. Containers may also arrive with Daily Shipments and can be granted as rewards for completing the New Year-inspired collection: "Belle Époque". These features will open up gradually throughout the entire duration of the New Year update.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,676 posts
10,972 battles

Do you realize that the chances are of getting that box is lower than getting a ship out of the box?

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
31 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

Do you realize that the chances are of getting that box is lower than getting a ship out of the box?

How does clicking to opt-in hurt? You get a box or not. If you don't opt-in, you will definitely not get a box.

[INTEL]
Members
1,676 posts
10,972 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

How does clicking to opt-in hurt? You get a box or not. If you don't opt-in, you will definitely not get a box.

My poor attempt at sarcasm.  Or maybe it's honed to such a fine point that you don't notice it? 

For the record, I opted in.  I want my ship.

Edited by ClassicLib

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

My poor attempt at sarcasm.  Or maybe it's honed to such a fine point that you don't notice it? 

For the record, I opted in.  I want my ship.

My reflexes are not fast, so it went over my head. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
645 posts
9,991 battles

Don't know if it was from this opt in or not, but just logged into the game after doing so and found a Santa crate waiting. Got 2000 doubloons out of it.

[ARGSY]
Members
11,793 posts
7,540 battles
1 hour ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

Aka the second tier of box.

So the probability of a very nice ship becomes significantly lower, BUT STILL NOT ZERO.

And since I need do nothing but log in and click, why the heck not? The best RNG is when there is nothing to lose and potentially a hell of a lot to gain.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,396 posts
9,401 battles
1 hour ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Don't know if it was from this opt in or not, but just logged into the game after doing so and found a Santa crate waiting. Got 2000 doubloons out of it.

Had to have been a gift from elsewhere.  2000 Doubloons only comes from the Mega Gift.  The Opt-In is for a chance at a Big Gift.  ... and grats.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
2 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

People play lottery all the time...

That's one of the things that makes me laugh when the anti-loot-box brigade shows up.  There are various national lotteries run by various national governments that get far more people to spend money they shouldn't than loot boxes ever will...but they want to 'protect' people by having those same governments regulate things.  

That's going to go well, I'm sure.  /sarc

[ARGSY]
Members
11,793 posts
7,540 battles

I got 300 spar.... I mean doubloons, which with all the other doubloons I have won recently was enough for permanent camo on my Benson. You can't always get what you want, etc.

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

So I pushed the button and opted in, but when I logged into the game there was nothing. It mentioned something about a Santa's gift banner in port, but I did not see anything like that. Is there something else I need to do?

[WOLFC]
Members
1,396 posts
9,401 battles
39 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

So I pushed the button and opted in, but when I logged into the game there was nothing. It mentioned something about a Santa's gift banner in port, but I did not see anything like that. Is there something else I need to do?

The Opt-In is for a random chance (500 being given away) to win a "Big" Santa gift.  They didn't say when they would give them.

If you haven't already received your 2 "Small" Santa gifts, go to the Container Ship screen and click on the box to the left ... it says something like Santa Claus Gifts ... that will take you to a screen to claim you free gifts and optionally buy more.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,793 posts
7,540 battles
6 hours ago, DocWalker said:

They didn't say when they would give them.

I opted in yesterday during the day sometime; I logged on in the evening to find the box in my port.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,451 posts
5,746 battles

I'm in.  I wonder what the chances of getting one is?  And then getting a Missouri out of it?

I bet I have a better chance to get mauled by a polar bear and then a regular bear on the same day! LOL!

[-BRS-]
Members
421 posts
13,325 battles

the moral compass of the forums heads will explode.............We Gamble to Gamble!!!!!1

Members
160 posts
2,036 battles
22 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So the probability of a very nice ship becomes significantly lower, BUT STILL NOT ZERO.

And since I need do nothing but log in and click, why the heck not? The best RNG is when there is nothing to lose and potentially a hell of a lot to gain.

Of course you should still opt in, I’m just trying to clear up misinformation.

[PVE]
Members
15,155 posts
9,935 battles
1 minute ago, Z0RAK said:

I clicked the Santa's Gifts tab in the port, and got my 2 free boxes.  One of them gifted me the Kidd!

Shiny, nice boat. I sent someone a $1 box last year and they got the Kidd. Another person got Mutsu from a $1 box. The $3 and $5 boxes have better chances (we don't know how much) for ships.