TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "WIN A JEAN BART? - Twilight Battle Rush"

67 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
1,010 posts
7,808 battles

FYI, the prize date is wrong.  Seems like a nice little event with an awesome prize!

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[SVF]
Members
1,174 posts
1,601 battles

Another mission/event where only the best of the best have a shot at a highly desirable ship.  I have no chance at winning one of those Jean Barts, so not even going to bother with this.

• Cool 5

[WGA]
WG Staff
540 posts
718 battles
8 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

FYI, the prize date is wrong.  Seems like a nice little event with an awesome prize!

Yup. Wrong Wednesday. 

Fixed.

[WGA]
WG Staff
540 posts
718 battles
Just now, CptRigPig said:

As mentioned prior, Prize Date is inaccurate

Screenshot (85).png

Try refreshing the page. (Click to another article, then reload the Battle Rush one again)

[SOFOP]
Members
1,010 posts
7,808 battles
10 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Another mission/event where only the best of the best have a shot at a highly desirable ship.  I have no chance at winning one of those Jean Barts, so not even going to bother with this.

They have plenty of events in which everyone can win ships.  I see no problem with having an event/competition in which you compete with others for a really good ship.  YMMV I guess.

[E-404]
Privateers
1,369 posts
20,505 battles

ty @TheURLGuy dude what happens if I already have the Jean Bart I receive doubloons or carbon? :cap_yes:

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
32 minutes ago, landcollector said:

I wish more people realized this instead of hating on WG for making events not aimed at them.

I read this, realized it’s for other players, and put some socks on because my floor is cold.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,318 posts
17,180 battles

These missions reward the most dedicated players who play the most games.  Wanna win?  Play nothing but Twilight Battle all day long.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[E-404]
Privateers
1,369 posts
20,505 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

These missions reward the most dedicated players who play the most games.  Wanna win?  Play nothing but Twilight Battle all day long.  

I plan to play twilight all weekend anyway pay good credits. Are the rewards individual for each server?

[SOFOP]
Members
1,010 posts
7,808 battles

Twilight battles are popping pretty fast today on NA so far...I think people don't know it doesn't start till tomorrow.  Course, I'm like 0-6 today, even though I'm averaging like 3 kills a game.  Lots of people who don't understand how the specials work.  A ghoul versus 2 Leviathons, just sitting back launching max range torps instead of rushing in with speed burst and dropping them right on the doorstep....lots of broadside Octo's getting deleted.  Fun :)

• Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,636 posts
6,522 battles

Do play twilight battle! It's a lot of fun!
1264315248_ScreenShot2018-12-13at11_46_17.thumb.png.cb680a619d74b954a8e947ecd01c4e98.png1271427076_ScreenShot2018-12-13at11_46_24.thumb.png.62deddab901e290b9df733ea7b89022a.png
Only in twilight battles can you execute the entire enemy team with little effort!

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
7 posts
16,105 battles

The categories sort of hose you if you play Steel Rat, no?  If you are doing a bunch of damage in a Steel Rat you aren't playing the ship correctly.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,023 posts
21,599 battles
4 hours ago, Edward_Marshall said:

The categories sort of hose you if you play Steel Rat, no?  If you are doing a bunch of damage in a Steel Rat you aren't playing the ship correctly.

3 hours ago, VostroyanAdmiral said:

That's true, you are a support ship that heals and equips others with more stuff.

Good call on that...but then again...when have DDs that play the support role ever gotten any credit for it.

Edit: Except in that battle above where harbinger got all the kills & the steel rat took 2nd for doing all the spotting.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[N-W-T]
Members
7 posts
16,105 battles

I regularly pull top score or second playing support DD through whatever the algorithm is in any mode (though I don't know what that is and might also hit bottom for a game that I felt I contributed more), but you could top score every game and you are never gonna have "most citadels" "most start fires" "most torpedo hits" or any of the listed categories.

Edited by Edward_Marshall

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,337 battles

not to be salty or anything, but the braindead is strong in botenite.

it makes for easy damage farming, but holy smokes, this is like weekends to the power of holidays levels of dumb.

[ARP2]
Beta Testers
309 posts
12,241 battles

Wonder what the top score for some of these categories will be. Like just how many fires are gonna be enough for top spot?

Edited by weednot43

Members
10 posts
8,481 battles

Does anyone else have an insanely high 2 day mission? I've got a mission that needs 10,000 fires, 10,000 torpedo hits and ONE BILLION damage.....for the reward fo a single credit......this HAS to be an error right?